CL: Ajax - FC Barcelona 0-2

F

Flavia

Possible line-up (vs Ajax): TerStegen - Alves Bartra Mascherano Alba - Xavi Busquets Rakitic - Suarez Messi Neymar [marca]

Marca benching Pique, but not Alves.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Mathieu is injured. And we won't see Bartra as rb. I don't even think that thought occurred to Lucho. He will keep using the fullbacks to attack, and the cms to cover for them. Lucho thinks we lost to celta for bad finishing/luck, so he thinks we're on the right track. Let's see.

What pessimism around Rafinha, from me, btw?

Totally forgot Mathieu was injured and now when I look at it again, I misread what you said. I personally thought Rafinha played very well against Celta, has a chance to really step up with Iniesta injured. I'd like to start seeing him and Samper play together, I think they would complement each other well. Really want to see Samper further forward as well, not sure he has the physicality to play as a DM at the top level but I think he has tremendous potential in the Xavi role.

Since I goofed with Mathieu, I'd want a back line of Montoya-Bartra-Piqué-Alba but expect Alves-Mascherano-Piqué-Alba.

Neeraj

My prediction - We will win the game, a 2-0 or a 3-1. The game will be quite painful to watch apart from the flashes of brilliance from our front line. Lucho playing same tactics, we will be slow as hell, but the win will justify his idea.

My prediction - We will win the game, a 2-0 or a 3-1. The game will be quite painful to watch apart from the flashes of brilliance from our front line. Lucho playing same tactics, we will be slow as hell, but the win will justify his idea.

Thats a very accurate analysis my friend

L

linetty

Hope they make smile on my face yet again today.

B1sFHXhIEAMp0zu.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I have a good feeling about this match. Don't know, call it a blind optimism, but something tells me Barca are gonna steamroll Ajax. Suarez clicked well with the forward trio eventhough not scoring so far. Furthermore, Messi was too unlucky recently and this is bound to end somewhere.
Bottom line, our forward trio is too damn good to lose 3 games in a row no matter how wrong Lucho sets us up.

dakt

Couple of hours to go. I won't approach this one with pessimism even though I should for the sake of my mental health.
Hope I won't be back here after the game as an angry villager. I don't care much about hammering them, as much as I would
love to see our midfield working. If we could somehow fix that, I would be more confident about our future games.
Visa Barca!

kishore680

If the same template follows today i.e Midfielders worrying about helping fullbacks rather than moving forward/controlling the match then we will be having tough problem. Ajax, the typical Dutch team will love to press higher up the pitch and take control of the midfield. We are like perfect match for them if we play in lucho's way(Midfielders worrying more about covering fullbacks) . A win is a must. If he brings on old Xavi again to gain control of the match later in the match, please sack him already. Not everyone can be Guardiola. Stop living in fantasy. Every manager after Guardiola have shown that their previous counterparts are better than them due to high standards. Also, can the board take any more losses? Nope. I think going by clueless managers, AVB, Wengers are totally clueless/adamant/purists whatever. I hope Lucho changes the system if it doesnt work or else he will join that elite group.

Home of Barca Fans