CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

mc_lovin

Never seen a game which split the opinions that much... reading redcafe they think they either dominated us or were utter shit. Our fanbase feels we were utter shit or them ;D Im fairly in the camp that United were ridiculously bad attacking wise - I never had the feeling they could score. And I think our players probably thpught the same, which explains our "gameplan".

Givenchy

having more time to assess the situation, i'm happier today with that 0-1 away win. it was ugly as all hell but for us and our poor CL away record + the QF exits in recent years i think EV did a good job in the end, i don't think Pep would of got a better result lets put it that way. it's still very frustrating he doesn't give Malcom a chance but yesterday i'll except muh result, please maul them at the Camp nou though

Havesaks

Well he made two subs to maintain the game status quo. After Vidal and Roberto came in, united had nothing. Hard workers in midfield. If he had subbed Malcom for Coutinho, malcom would have been an offensive sub to score goals and our team looked settled playing this out 1-0 and not playing with high risk which malcom would have done. And even if he was instructed not to, then it would still make more sense to crowd midfield to stabilize our position, so that he didn't play yesterday is fine by me, all tho I'm also in favor to give him more game time.

I think for champions league Malcom will only play / be sub-in if we (desperately) need a goal or we have injuries.

WythenshaweRed

Never seen a game which split the opinions that much... reading redcafe they think they either dominated us or were utter shit. Our fanbase feels we were utter shit or them ;D Im fairly in the camp that United were ridiculously bad attacking wise - I never had the feeling they could score. And I think our players probably thpught the same, which explains our "gameplan".

Reading Redcafe is a bit like reading RAWK or Bluemoon. Most of the fans don't know what they are talking about and when they overrate a player, they really do overrate him. I find redcafe as credible as Le Marca.

Sidewinder

This was a strange game. I don't think Barca played well at all, but at the same time there were some good moments. But they should had dominated this united, they are so bad.
I'm hoping I can post more frequently now.

Haha no apology needed.. I like good football, but winning is way more important.

Is it? That's mourinho's way of life, I don't want Barca to become that.

Vilarrubi

This was a strange game. I don't think Barca played well at all, but at the same time there were some good moments. But they should had dominated this united, they are so bad.
I'm hoping I can post more frequently now.

Is it? That's mourinho's way of life, I don't want Barca to become that.

We’ll never play like Mourinho though.. people exaggerate here.. we’ve had games (and some big ones too) under Valverde where we’ve played good football and scored loads of goals.. that’s not possible every game, especially in CL.

Neymessi

There is an air of nostalgia in these threads similar to last year when no one except a handful of us were ready to admit there were pressing problems with us. The rest did not realize it until roma happened and kept saying how our wins like against chelsea etc were not misleading and how he was making history by going unbeaten in the league.

Manu is a 6th placed team and we sucked ass tbh against them. But now we have excuses like we had a match 4 days back blah blah. I can tell you one thing for sure if that was anfield the score would have been 3-0 or 4-0 and it's time to wake up. At least year we did not have a roma before roma happened to learn from the past.

Giginho75

We’ll never play like Mourinho though.. people exaggerate here.. we’ve had games (and some big ones too) under Valverde where we’ve played good football and scored loads of goals.. that’s not possible every game, especially in CL.

Exactly...simply - after our goal - we played in not brilliant way, despite we deserved to win.

Some technical mistakes of our players.
A "normal" Leo.

I didn't see awesome performances of City, Juve, Liverpool.

Neymessi

Haha no apology needed.. I like good football, but winning is way more important.

This statement seems to have been the crux of EV's argument and there is so much wrong with it I don't even know where to begin.

I have explained this before many times but I will do it once again. There isn't a strategy EV is following that trades off playing well with higher chances of winning. We just happen to play very mediocre and at the same time be lucky enough to not lose. If he played like this against a proper side after going 1-0 up they would have smashed us. Manu managed to create many chances anyway and we were lucky to not lose, and it wasn't some sort of elaborate plan of winning while playing bad.

IF it was mou, then yes, he does know how to trade off by being boring and winning but not EV.

mc_lovin

The problem is that people think its kind of a binary thing: results or performances. And in Valverdes defense we had tons of great, entertaining games as well. The overly doom and gloom attitude annoys me, its not a sacrilege to say Valverde is doing a good job. Not perfect, but good. The only coach I would trade him for is Guardiola (and hes shit in away games ;S)

Centauri B

This statement seems to have been the crux of EV's argument and there is so much wrong with it I don't even know where to begin.

I have explained this before many times but I will do it once again. There isn't a strategy EV is following that trades off playing well with higher chances of winning. We just happen to play very mediocre and at the same time be lucky enough to not lose. If he played like this against a proper side after going 1-0 up they would have smashed us. Manu managed to create many chances anyway and we were lucky to not lose, and it wasn't some sort of elaborate plan of winning while playing bad.

IF it was mou, then yes, he does know how to trade off by being boring and winning but not EV.

They did?

eaman

There is an air of nostalgia in these threads similar to last year when no one except a handful of us were ready to admit there were pressing problems with us. The rest did not realize it until roma happened and kept saying how our wins like against chelsea etc were not misleading and how he was making history by going unbeaten in the league.

Manu is a 6th placed team and we sucked ass tbh against them. But now we have excuses like we had a match 4 days back blah blah. I can tell you one thing for sure if that was anfield the score would have been 3-0 or 4-0 and it's time to wake up. At least year we did not have a roma before roma happened to learn from the past.

We weren't that bad. There were a good few misplaced passes but we controlled large parts of the game and created chances. This United is 6th but not a distant 6th. They are pretty much the same points and level as Chelsea and arsenal. This United team have given all the big teams problems this year.

Home of Barca Fans