CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Andresito

Staff member
We're coming in with a lot of confidence and United quite the opposite.

We should be able to get a good result at Old Trafford. I doubt they will try to fight, instead they'll hope for mistakes from us.

For once I hope we get a good away result so that we won't have to play for our lives at Camp Nou. I have a feeling Suárez is going to score.

BenRobbins

Bullshit, evra was full of it pulls away his hand to make suarez look like the bad guy. He should stick ti licking chicken and what he said about his ex best friend was disgusting the man is mentally deranged and unstable

How was it bullshit haha, Evra is a wierdo imo but still doesnt deserve to be racially abused. It happened, everybody knows it happened at the time aswell. Only the shameless scousers tried to deny it, even pulling the ridiculous warm up shirts supporting him.

BenRobbins

I am worried about us defending corners and set pieces as they have tall players who can score headers.

And yes, they will be hitting us on the counters and I don’t want us to be sliced open like Villarreal did to us. Will be a big test for our midfield and defenders.

Ours corners dont even beat the first man, we could have a team of 6 foot 5 giants and it still wouldnt matter haha

raskolnikov

How was it bullshit haha, Evra is a wierdo imo but still doesnt deserve to be racially abused. It happened, everybody knows it happened at the time aswell. Only the shameless scousers tried to deny it, even pulling the ridiculous warm up shirts supporting him.

I disagree, the whole thing showed the problems you can have with languages.
Take for example diego costa’s red the other day. What he said is way worse in other languages of translated directly not taking with the fact its an expression in Spanish.
The whole Evra thing was him taking the negrito thing like its nigger when for Suarez its not the same, yet the FA went with that.

I dont doubt Suarez can be nasty to get under a guys skin but he isnt racist. He had black friends at Ajax yet the media went full politically correct mode and crucified him from the start milking it.
To me Evra made it way worse than it was and was in jussie smollet mode with the handshake stuff.
The annoying part is if you defend Suarez people atrack you like you are racist and want to make a compex situation black/white (no pun intended).
All water under the bridge nowadays though.

serghei

If we play anywhere near our max. level there's no way United beat us. And on Camp Nou there's a chance for a serious beatdown. Let's hope the boys are there in England to get the job done.

Givenchy

If we play anywhere near our max. level there's no way United beat us. And on Camp Nou there's a chance for a serious beatdown. Let's hope the boys are there in England to get the job done.

yup, it depends which Barca and which Suarez turn up. from what i've read, United are poor at home this season but we aren't exactly great away. im expecting a tight draw in the 1st leg and then we finish it at the camp nou

serghei

yup, it depends which Barca and which Suarez turn up. from what i've read, United are poor at home this season but we aren't exactly great away. im expecting a tight draw in the 1st leg and then we finish it at the camp nou

Let's hope it is the Bernabeu version.

FCBfan22

We just need to fucking score away in the quarters. It's been fucking ages.

I don't mind a 2-1 loss, but we need to fucking score.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think United will sit back at home but let's see. I just don't want us to go in with Valverde's standard "conservative tactic".

Messi looks like he's hitting his best form of the season and that alone is reason enough to be optimistic.

serghei

Don't think United will sit back at home but let's see. I just don't want us to go in with Valverde's standard "conservative tactic".

Messi looks like he's hitting his best form of the season and that alone is reason enough to be optimistic.

They will play the same as Lyon, defending and hoping to nick a 1-0 on the counters then defend for dear life.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hopefully our defenders learned their lesson after their embarrassing performance last year against Willian, and won’t give Pogba all the space in the world for him to aim those longshots.

Home of Barca Fans