CL | 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - FC Bayern Munich 2-8

Horatio

You're welcome
Exactly. They should have contrarian attitude and out to prove people wrong. Also should take away some pressure if expectations are low.

Barca team is great at doing the opposite of what is expected. Note Roma and Liverpool. Dropping most points against mid table and lower teams.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Absolutely unreal arrogance.

They should be a little more humble after 5 successive eliminations from Spanish teams (Real x 3, Barca, AM) this decade. Two of those being humiliations.

Even Pool fans are by and large more humble than this lot.

As unbearable as Liverpool fans are , you dont hear alot of shittalking from the board and most of their players are likeable. With Bayern you got the whole package. The board , some of the players , the fanbase , retired Bayern players.

JerseyAddict

If I was a player and saw that the fans have no hope then they wouldn?t deserve giving them anything. Shame.

Fans gave them hope and believed in them against Roma and Lpool.

After Roma I was like... Damn shit happens. After Lpool I was... These players are (except few) bunch of high nose bullshiters. They NEED TO PROVE once again that they are WORTHY of this sacred jersey.

BarcaOG

Banned
Fans gave them hope and believed in them against Roma and Lpool.

After Roma I was like... Damn shit happens. After Lpool I was... These players are (except few) bunch of high nose bullshiters. They NEED TO PROVE once again that they are WORTHY of this sacred jersey.

100%

George_Costanza

What's going on here? Why so many posters here overrating this Bayern team? I mean they are good, but not invincible and definitely much weaker than Bayern 2012/13. Are they really tested this season? Who they won against so far? Tottenham that lost to Leipzig 4-0? Chelsea that lost at home to Valencia? Both teams are weak and going through changes.

kattanib

What's going on here? Why so many posters here overrating this Bayern team? I mean they are good, but not invincible and definitely much weaker than Bayern 2012/13. Are they really tested this season? Who they won against so far? Tottenham that lost to Leipzig 4-0? Chelsea that lost at home to Valencia? Both teams are weak and going through changes.
They aren?t that good, actually they are quite a mess in the first half of the pitch however they are aggressive in attacking. An organized team that can defend and control the game will most definitely beat this Bayern. If not Barca, it will be City. Atletico also will be able to beat this Bayern, thats the only way Atletico will be able to win the Champions League this year is through facing Bayern.

George_Costanza

They aren?t that good, actually they are quite a mess in the first half of the pitch however they are aggressive in attacking. An organized team that can defend and control the game will most definitely beat this Bayern. If not Barca, it will be City. Atletico also will be able to beat this Bayern, thats the only way Atletico will be able to win the Champions League this year is through facing Bayern.

True, and like I said they are not tested so far. I mean Chelsea missing half dozen players through injury and suspension. We have the players to beat them but it all depends on QS.

True, and like I said they are not tested so far. I mean Chelsea missing half dozen players through injury and suspension. We have the players to beat them but it all depends on QS.

I know that the Bundesliga never seems to count...

But since Flick came in November Bayern played
24 Bundesliga matches - 21 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses (the 3rd and 4th Bundesliga match) - with 75 goals for and 16 against
won all 4 Cup matches in regular time (+ the title)
won all 5 CL matches (18:2 goals)

The team has lost the last match on December 7th - and won the last 18 matches since February 9th.

The lineup probably will be (Flick has his first team)

Neuer
Kimmich - Boateng - Alaba - Davies
Thiago - Goretzka
Gnabry - M?ller - Coman
Lewandowski

Could be that Gnabry and Coman switch sides - but as Kimmich plays right defender again I think that Gnabry plays more over the right.
Coman is back in full training since Monday after being left out of the Chelsea squad because of muscular problems but I think that he will play - if not Perisic will.

Neymessi

Most successive home games without defeat

35* Barcelona (18/09/2013 -)
29 Bayern Munchen (04/03/1998 - 02/04/2002)
Arsenal (14/09/2004 - 15/04/2009)
23 Juventus (02/10/2013 - 13/02/2018)
23 Manchester United (27/09/2005 - 03/11/2009)

One of the positives about RM fans (not just you but in large) is that you guys aren't unbearable when it comes to flaunting your CL success.

If Bayern or Pool won 4 CL in 5 years, we'd have to shut down internet forums.

Even United who have been pedestrian for ages and who we've literally curbstomped last 10 years are only now starting to stop that "biggest club in the world" nonsense.

Manu fans seem very grounded to reality in general. For many years the general opinion of Redcafe has been that they are shit, if you are talking about biggest as in in terms of fan size then yes they are actually pretty big.

Also most of them feel Messi is better than Cr7 even with the latter being a significant part of their club.

Neymessi

Most successive home games without defeat

35* Barcelona (18/09/2013 -)
29 Bayern Munchen (04/03/1998 - 02/04/2002)
Arsenal (14/09/2004 - 15/04/2009)
23 Juventus (02/10/2013 - 13/02/2018)
23 Manchester United (27/09/2005 - 03/11/2009)

Bayern are in Bundesliga so they usually never get tested enough at this stage.

But they have been playing great against shit teams and we haven't been able to accomplish even that so the difference is huge.

And if this was Bayern 13 we would have forfeited this match lol, they are weaker than before but imo even we suck compared to Barca 13.

vinni

Idk, i got a good feeling about this match. I usally have a bad feeling before we get knocked out of CL.
Let's see. On a good day we can still compete with any team. :barcascarf:

Home of Barca Fans