Champions League

ebc_99

English clubs but it's tight,
There are more on par

The huge difference is between the top of England vs the top of Spain
City Liverpool Chelsea VS Real Atleti Barca
The gap is quite embarrassing for the Spanish clubs

I agree the top clubs in England are much better, but I think that can change within a few years, not saying it will but Real and Barca can get back on top within 3 or 4 years.

Rassvet

I'm low key stressed about PSG not qualifying dawg. If we lose vs City (almost certain) and Brugge avoid defeat at home to Leipzig (50-50ish), then a loss to Brugge at home in the final match knocks us out :hang:

gulaman

He's a poor ref.

And what's wrong with giving yellows for dissent? Respect the referee, it's in the rules. But Atletico don't like following the rules. They get away with this behaviour in Spain but European refs will not put up with their nonsense for long.

Zidane82

What is happening to the refs these days ?!

The guy just completely barged into Son and blocked him from getting onto a through ball but the ref ignored it completely !!
Just like a NFL block !!

It is absolute Bollox

Horatio

You're welcome
lol surprised people are mentioning refs but not bringing up Hummels' sendoff. One of the most ridiculous calls you'll find. Completely destroyed the game. Few minutes after that penalty given to Borussia which was also very questionable.

Mateka

I'm low key stressed about PSG not qualifying dawg. If we lose vs City (almost certain) and Brugge avoid defeat at home to Leipzig (50-50ish), then a loss to Brugge at home in the final match knocks us out :hang:

You can still win the group.

In the first 10 mins v City, you will find which City has turned up - one playing to full strength or one where the lights are on but nobody’s at home.

A loss to Brugge at home is possible, but very unlikely.

So mathematically you can miss out or top the group.

But the most likely scenario is you are through.

Last edited:

Mateka

lol surprised people are mentioning refs but not bringing up Hummels' sendoff. One of the most ridiculous calls you'll find. Completely destroyed the game. Few minutes after that penalty given to Borussia which was also very questionable.

At least it was not like the Tottenham v Vitesse game, 3 sent off.

Andresito

Staff member
I'd like to see a matchup between Liverpool and Bayern before the final. Always more intense games when it's home/away.

Rassvet

I don’t like saying it but we might be better off finishing third and trying to win the EL.

We get to avoid another knockout stage humiliation this year and the EL would give us a path to CL qualification that we don’t look like getting from league position.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I don’t like saying it but we might be better off finishing third and trying to win the EL.

We get to avoid another knockout stage humiliation this year and the EL would give us a path to CL qualification that we don’t look like getting from league position.

the money bro the money...

Morten

I don?t like saying it but we might be better off finishing third and trying to win the EL.

We get to avoid another knockout stage humiliation this year and the EL would give us a path to CL qualification that we don?t look like getting from league position.

EL is for, no disrespect, smaller clubs, Barcelona don't belong there, they belong in CL, winning the EL would be a hollow win lets be honest.

JamDav1982

Not much more money in being knocked out in last 16 to winning Europa wouldnt think.

Then there is qualifying for next years CL as opposed to not.

Home of Barca Fans