Champions League

Windhook

I don't think it was wise for Pochettino to talk about the physical condition of City after the game. Straight away that puts an inferiority complex into the minds of his players and encourages City to run even more.

I'm sure his talk in the dressing room is much different. Playing mind games for the press by praising the opponent.

Vilarrubi

Anyone still got link to Jair on Reddit, sure it was [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION] . His return to the forum was probably imminent until last night :lol:

serghei

Can’t see it myself but stranger things have happened.

Don't overestimate City. :lol: Whatever defensive errors PSG made today, City can do them next week just the same if not worse. City have a top midfield (except for Rodri lol) and a world-class manager, but other than that, plenty of flaws.

If they managed to score the 3rd I do think they'd be almost through, but at 2-1, it's still open.

Sterlingfan2000

Ok my conclusion :

Champions League is incredible Boring even the Semi Finals were dogshit. There need to be KO Matches for spicyness and the League needs changes too . Maybe top 4 go into a Knockout Tournament.

Perez is a corrupt prick but he was right , the kids won't be interested in the future in this boredome

Birdy

Don't overestimate City. :lol: Whatever defensive errors PSG made today, City can do them next week just the same if not worse. City have a top midfield (except for Rodri lol) and a world-class manager, but other than that, plenty of flaws.

If they managed to score the 3rd I do think they'd be almost through, but at 2-1, it's still open.

Definitely open.
The last years in the CL we have seen much harder scorelines get overturned in the return leg.

I feel, though, that since it's the first time Pep got lucky in a CL knockout game, the starts are aligned this season in his favor...

Ok my conclusion :

Champions League is incredible Boring even the Semi Finals were dogshit. There need to be KO Matches for spicyness and the League needs changes too . Maybe top 4 go into a Knockout Tournament.

Perez is a corrupt prick but he was right , the kids won't be interested in the future in this boredome

People realize now how important is to have a team that plays attacking-minded football, and goes out and out to attack.
That team was Bayern the last 2 seasons, City before 2020, Bayern under Pep, Barca before that.
It's also the new Barca that Koeman is building.

Without such teams, ties are pretty boring.
You get cagey games where one team is afraid of the other, which get sorted out in details, one referee call, one unlucky moment, one fluke etc

Remember how knockout ties were before Pep came into the scene?
Like the late 90s and the whole 00s?
That's knock-out football without these kind of teams that benefit the whole sport

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
They're a different side defensively (and consequently mentally). Comparisons with previous years pretty much baseless since all you used to need is run at them without fear of their pretense-of-dominance tactic, structure would go and you get the panic version of Pep. Don't think there's an offense left that could bother them as a unit. If PSG can't do it, they'll win it. Won't have mental block vs either of Real or Chelsea.

El Gato

Villarato!
Fede (our best/2nd most important outfield player) not likely getting his negative Covid test in time.
Varane just confirmed injured
Odriozola our only fit RB
Mendy back in training but not gonna be 100%
Ramos played 3 games in 2021

Congrats on the W Chelski fans

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Fede (our best/2nd most important outfield player) not likely getting his negative Covid test in time.
Varane just confirmed injured
Odriozola our only fit RB
Mendy back in training but not gonna be 100%
Ramos played 3 games in 2021

Congrats on the W Chelski fans

Someone wants to jinx it [MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] :boss:

Im sure zidane and big benz will find a way win this tie!

Home of Barca Fans