Champions League

Luis Suarez

Was looking at the Chelsea vs Barcelona 2009 at the Bridge. We still have three starting players left from that starting lineup. The fact that we still have more than one like that is a travesty in and of itself.

KingLeo10

Was looking at the Chelsea vs Barcelona 2009 at the Bridge. We still have three starting players left from that starting lineup. The fact that we still have more than one like that is a travesty in and of itself.

In Messi's case though, it's a testament to his longevity at the top.

I mean, he's not the force of nature he was in the Pep/MSN days but still good enough for a CL winning team. Busquets and Pique not so much.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In Messi's case though, it's a testament to his longevity at the top.

I mean, he's not the force of nature he was in the Pep/MSN days but still good enough for a CL winning team. Busquets and Pique not so much.

Busquets and Pique are lucky to play at barca, a team like bayern would have sold them a few years ago. But have to say this longevity isnt normal. I mean which player in the history of football could be staying so long on the top?? Beside Ronaldo and Messi i think no one.

mc_lovin

Busquets and Pique are lucky to play at barca, a team like bayern would have sold them a few years ago. But have to say this longevity isnt normal. I mean which player in the history of football could be staying so long on the top?? Beside Ronaldo and Messi i think no one.

The ship has sailed now, but the biggest mistake was not keeping Busquets and Pique for so long, but completely failing to get the right players to compensate for their weaknesses (like a good team does). A fast, physical box to box player (not Vidal!) would have done wonders for Busquets. A fast CB for Pique the same.

Messi is not the only one who got fucked by Bartomeu. Still cant believe the state of our forward line though.

Last edited:

soul24rage

It depends on what you mean by "top" but of the top of my head, Giggs, Maldini, Scholes

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
PSG vs City, i say advantage city they are better as a team than PSG but they are also bigger bottlers than PSG..

snowy

Chelsea is good at possession but they've been playing with little spark in attack. If they were to inject more fantasy and risk, at the expense of possession, they'd be more fun to watch.

Wonder if Tuchel will play Giroud as 9. Either him, Tammy or Havertz again in false 9. Werner is already low on confidence so if he misses against Madrid, could be the last nail in the coffin.

Home of Barca Fans