Champions League

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not referring to Valverde in particular, but really think Vinicius is your best youngster. If he gets his shooting right, the kid is going far.

He's a World Class player even if his shooting just becomes decent. Doesn't need to be prime CR7 level finishing. Just need to be of the level of wingers like Ribery or Robben.

DonAK

That said it's not easy to become a top level finisher and get your shooting up to that level when you're as bad at it as Vinicius lol.......or Dembele

serghei

That said it's not easy to become a top level finisher and get your shooting up to that level when you're as bad at it as Vinicius lol.......or Dembele

Yes... but... those two goals vs Liverpool... those were expertly taken. In a way it's not that bad if Madrid miss on Haaland and get Mbappe to fuck up Vinicius.

Speaking since Mbappe seems to be Madrid bound. Vinicius - Haaland is worrying. Each would be 20.

DonAK

Yes... but... those two goals vs Liverpool... those were expertly taken. In a way it's not that bad if Madrid miss on Haaland and get Mbappe to fuck up Vinicius.

Speaking since Mbappe seems to be Madrid bound. Vinicius - Haaland is worrying. Each would be 20.

I'd worry about Mbappe - whoever they sign as striker too. Especially if Barca fail to counter that by signing a World Class player in attack to significantly improve the team.

Father time will soon enough catch up to the man in my DP where he'll score less than 20 league goals. Who will score for us then? Ansu I put as a question mark due to his injuries and we still need to see more from him and I love him, but we obviously need to significantly improve that area(wingers, strikers).

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Before the Liverpool game Vinicius had 4 goals in 36 games. Let him have a few of those great performances in the coming months then we can talk about him being world class.

Think he will be either warming the bench or will be getting sold the moment they sign Mbappe.

Last edited:

serghei

Before the Liverpool game Vinicius had 4 goals in 36 games. Let him have a few of those great performances in the coming months then we can talk about him being world class.

All true. But how many players score a brace in CL quarterfinals at 20 years old? Short list. Depends on how you frame it. I think Vinicius has great potential.

DonAK

Vinicius has World Class potential, but he has plenty of obstacles to get through to become a World Class player. I think we need to be clear about that.

It's not easy to improve erratic decision making and awful shooting.

But unlike some of the scrubs on our team he can actually dribble the ball with some pace and drive the ball forward without looking like bambi on ice. Those two things alone are important for a player in his position.

DonAK

It's fun to clown Vinicius looking like a 3rd division player in front of goal 90% of the time, but can appreciate his potential. Before Ansu saved us I had forgotten what an actual winger looked like since Neymar left.

It's fun to watch a player be able to seamlessly pull off dribbles and drive the ball forward with some pace.

Horatio

You're welcome
:lol: Nice try.

I've been pretty appreciative on Vinicius all along.

It's okay to think he has potential. So do I. Just never saw those posts of yours showing appreciation before. And if you do bring those up, don't want to find an equal number of posts bringing him down. Otherwise it doesn't count.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Which match do we watch guys ?

Liverpool could be exciting if Liverpool scores first goal but i think Real will win it easily.

Dortmund would be exciting if Sancho and Reus would also play, without them city should win it but we all know Pep and city.

Morten

All true. But how many players score a brace in CL quarterfinals at 20 years old? Short list. Depends on how you frame it. I think Vinicius has great potential.

You can find lists of some pretty mediocre players doing something extraordinary in individual games, i mean, Lord Eder destroying France in the Euro final as a prime example.

Not comparing Vinicius to him as a player, but you get the point.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It's fun to clown Vinicius looking like a 3rd division player in front of goal 90% of the time, but can appreciate his potential. Before Ansu saved us I had forgotten what an actual winger looked like since Neymar left.

It's fun to watch a player be able to seamlessly pull off dribbles and drive the ball forward with some pace.

Need this kind of player. Dembele should be exactly this player but he hasnt got the IQ for it.

Home of Barca Fans