Champions League

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Btw love how this never got posted yesterday

xG: Real Madrid (1.93) 3-1 (0.79) Liverpool

Instead it was Real has black magic. xG and Inshallah (sometimes) :lol:

Birdy

I like how City, who've never made it past the QFs under Pep and have been blown out by Spurs, Lyon, and Monaco...would annihilate RM while PSG who made the final last season, just beat Bayern in Germany while missing Verratti, Marquinhos, Icardi, and Paredes are the surefire bottlers...

Outperforming xCW by a landslide.

'just beat Bayern' -> yeah we saw how... They could have conceded 8 or 9 tonight.
Let's remember how Ronald Koeman made them tremble at home with an 1-4 advantage.

Made the final? Against Atalanta and Leipzig? So what? Does that give them any 'winning mentality'?
LOL. You really think they have any edge because of that?
Black voodoo magic will cloud their whatever mentality is there. You know that. We all know that.

If there is a hope any team can beat them in a final, it must be a team that is clearly few levels above them tactically on the pitch.
Which currently I can only say for Bayern and City, and no one else.

Last edited:

Birdy

Btw love how this never got posted yesterday

xG: Real Madrid (1.93) 3-1 (0.79) Liverpool

Instead it was Real has black magic. xG and Inshallah (sometimes) :lol:

Nothing interesting to post, mate... Never argued RM should not have won yesterday or that they overperformed xG.

I argued, though, that they could never score in a million years if it were not for Kabak and Philips.
3 chances for Madrid, all of them gifted.

cracken

'

Made the final? Against Atalanta and Leipzig? So what? Does that give them any 'winning mentality'?

And City, who got eliminated by Lyon and barely beat a shitty Dortmund at home, does and is a bigger threat to Madrid? :lol: foh with that nonsense.

Richard.H

City were the xG Champions League winners last year. What matches were you watching? Ya'll live in an alternate reality I see.

Birdy

City is miles better than Madrid as a team, and even last season when they got kicked out by Lyon they hammered RM.
Maybe Pep has a special drive when facing RM.
I didn't argue they have winning mentality.

PSG doesn't either. But they are far worse as a team than City

cracken

City is miles better than Madrid as a team, and even last season when they got kicked out by Lyon they hammered RM.
Maybe Pep has a special drive when facing RM.

They hammered RM with what? 3 howlers by Ramos (first leg) and Varane (second leg)? :lol: But I guess you only factor in "black magic" and "defensive mistakes" when they benefit Madrid, not their opponent.

Birdy

They hammered RM with what? 3 howlers by Ramos (first leg) and Varane (second leg)? :lol: But I guess you only factor in "black magic" and "defensive mistakes" when they benefit Madrid, not their opponent.

Outplayed them both legs. Total xG for both legs was something like 4.81 - 1.65 for City
They created their own chances, penetrated through them easily, that's why Ramos was forced to commit a red card foul.
And the 'howlers' by Varane was the outcome of systematized and sophisticated pressing.

Fast forward to RM- Liverpool: Howlers by Philips and Kabak and Trent was the outcome of long balls played on the top that amateur defenders cannot deal with.
A 'tactic' of 1910 LMAO :lol:

Then, what's your argument again?
Oh yeah that City does not have winning mentality even when they eliminate the 'master' of winning mentality Zidane.
Maybe they are a better team by a country mile?
Maybe...

Yannik

31-6 chances for Bayern. 4.36xG vs 1.64xG.
Navas truely outdid himself there. If Lewandowski is back though, then I hope this will look different.

Birdy

31-6 chances for Bayern. 4.36xG vs 1.64xG.
Navas truely outdid himself there. If Lewandowski is back though, then I hope this will look different.

Watch out there.
Quoting xG scores in Barca Forum is dangerous...

Brace yourself for all the 'you don't understand football', 'stats do not win games', 'winning mentality is more important', 'Bayern are arrogant', 'Zidane is a top-notch coach' that are coming

Birdy

xg doesn't win anything, lol. how could it?

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans