Champions League

Centauri B

Dont think Real will qualify, Ajax will win at home and in Bernabeu Real isnt that strong. Without Ronaldo I dont see Real Madrid winning the tie.

I think they will.

The main problem for Madrid is not so much the absence of Ronaldo (even though that's also a factor contributing to their weakening this season) but the overall decline in all their key players (mainly due to age)

All of Modric, Benzema, Marcelo, Ramos and Bale are a shadow of their former selves.

Still, they will eliminate Ajax.

Morten

I think they will.

The main problem for Madrid is not so much the absence of Ronaldo (even though that's also a factor contributing to their weakening this season) but the overall decline in all their key players (mainly due to age)

All of Modric, Benzema, Marcelo, Ramos and Bale are a shadow of their former selves.

Still, they will eliminate Ajax.

The beauty of a cup competition is that you only need to show up for a few matches, i recon we will be out of the title-race by the time we meet Ajax, so the veterans can just focus on CL(again).

Centauri B

Lyon - Barcelona

some memories there :)

Lyon gave is a very tough game in their own ground in our first treble winning season. We were a bit lucky to get that equalizer with Henry. In the return leg, we annihilated them in a first-half blitz, going 4-0 up (it ended 5-2) Glorious days!

Centauri B

The beauty of a cup competition is that you only need to show up for a few matches, i recon we will be out of the title-race by the time we meet Ajax, so the veterans can just focus on CL(again).

I agree. I cannot believe that Real Madrid will remain at their current level for much longer. There is bound to be improvement pretty soon. I expect to see them at the quarters and would not mind drawing them.

Andresito

Staff member
Lyon gave is a very tough game in their own ground in our first treble winning season. We were a bit lucky to get that equalizer with Henry. In the return leg, we annihilated them in a first-half blitz, going 4-0 up (it ended 5-2) Glorious days!

The Juninho goal was beautiful.

Vilarrubi

I remember when we used to crush Ajax with 4-5 goals in the group stages, im thinking it wont be as easy this time.
I almost would have prefered a big side, a small, energetic underdog could cause us a lot of problems, this RM is quite complacent.

You seem to struggle with teams who can pass well and keep possession recently. That being said still expect you to go through.

Centauri B

The Juninho goal was beautiful.

Not for us it wasn't.

In any case, I would like Atleti to KO Juve (shut up obnoxious CR fans) and for United to eliminate PSG (even though it's an extremely tall order)

Bayern vs Pool? Do we have a preference there? Maybe Bayern who are aging by now, and would also keep Premface propaganda machine in some kind of check.

Dortmund vs Spurs? I have no preference either way.

Home of Barca Fans