Champions League

Horatio

You're welcome
Yea, we are all glad Madrid is almost out of CL, but this is good for them looking at La Liga. Not only they have a bigger squad and more fit players, but they will also only have La Liga to focus. While we are completely depleted and have both La Liga and CL to fight for.

I'm worried we'll chase both La Liga and CL with a depleted squad and will fall short on both.

Real aren’t dropping points because of fatigueness. Players are underperforming. That is not something that will change with an early CL exit.

henias

Rightly so. We're better away, they're not that great at home, they've never been in this position and if they do play 'cautiously' again the advantage may dissipate incredibly fast.

People are also underestimating Zidane as a manager. He's fallible, but he's still a great one. If there's anybody who can fix this, it's him.

I think you're hyping Zidane too much mate. If Madrid wants to rebuild he's not the person to do it.

KingLeo10

Yea, we are all glad Madrid is almost out of CL, but this is good for them looking at La Liga. Not only they have a bigger squad and more fit players, but they will also only have La Liga to focus. While we are completely depleted and have both La Liga and CL to fight for.

I'm worried we'll chase both La Liga and CL with a depleted squad and will fall short on both.

5 point cushion with H2H will be enough to see LL out, IMO.

mc_lovin

Does it matter? We looked 2nd best 1000x times before. Difference is now we have to do it without Ronaldo and Ramos. Which is no small feat, but if there's an ounce of winning mentality in that squad (for which the chance is slim) it could be a big surprise at Etihad.

Disagree. You always looked tenacious and intense in your winning campaigns. Today was a nothing performance (like vs Ajax), there was no conviction after you scored your goal.

mc_lovin

If Real dont beat this Barca to La Liga Zidane should be sacked.

With Suarez and a fit Dembele I would have backed us to easily win the league. Even with our depleted squad we arent worse at the evry least. Their attack is a paper tiger, we can at least rely on Messi. Defense/midfield is pretty much even.

Tackle

I think you're hyping Zidane too much mate. If Madrid wants to rebuild he's not the person to do it.

Yup.

This "magical" and invincible" aura surrounding Zidane is incredibly overstated. His 2016 and 2018 CL wins came mostly off the back of favourable refereeing and draws. Not to mention Cristiano + a younger core of key players in Marcelo, Kroos, Modric etc. A great man motivator and leader no doubt, but he is not the first manager I would look at to solve tactical problems.

El Gato

Villarato!

He's OK. He just can't work with all sorts of players and is very good at recruiting certain ones that happen to become exceptional.

Saying City 55% likely to go through is basically saying tie is 50/50.

And who said that?

Disagree. You always looked tenacious and intense in your winning campaigns. Today was a nothing performance (like vs Ajax), there was no conviction after you scored your goal.

I agree with the 'conviction', there is a sore lack of leadership from the front that hurts us. Except we never trailed in these campaigns either. As far as I recall the only remontada was vs Wolfsburg.

It is more faith from me, yes, but it's not impossible. Real are bipolar, it either goes really really bad or really really good. If we're eliminated, so be it, shit happens. Season's an overachievement defensively as it stands anyway.

KingLeo10

Let's be honest. All CL win was down to prime Ronaldo. It's easy for a coach , when the enemy has to put 3 defenders on Ronaldo

Yeah. It's that simple.

Because players like Modric, Marcelo, Bale, Kroos, Casemiro, Navas peaking at the same time couldn't have been a contributing factor at all.

Clown.

Home of Barca Fans