Champions League

Barcilliant

Klopp could unironically go to Barca next.

It's the kinda club he loves. Lesser media attention than Real, huge loyal fanbase, etc. Only thing missing is the underdog feeling there was at Dortmund and Liverpool.

But if I had to predict his next job, I'd predict Barca.

Pep will coach Brazil NT after this.

No way Klopp comes to Barca. Klopp is a great manager but he'd he wouldn't be a good fit here. He needs to enjoy his work. At Barca there's too much nit picking by the press. Remember when Tata was manager and we had less possession and the press went nuts? We won that game 4-0. After that Xavi and press said this is not the Barcelona way and the season went to shit. I remember that Bobby Robson documentary. It showed the pressure he was under and how the press constantly harassed him. No, Klopp will never come here.

Temptation

No way Klopp comes to Barca. Klopp is a great manager but he'd he wouldn't be a good fit here. He needs to enjoy his work. At Barca there's too much nit picking by the press. Remember when Tata was manager and we had less possession and the press went nuts? We won that game 4-0. After that Xavi and press said this is not the Barcelona way and the season went to shit. I remember that Bobby Robson documentary. It showed the pressure he was under and how the press constantly harassed him. No, Klopp will never come here.

Will be tough for me to see Klopp manage Barca so fine by me! I'm so glad Jurgen is a Red.

JamDav1982

Barca would never even go for Klopp regardless as they will know he would not go to Barca under the conditions at club and this idea of 'obligations' to play a certain way.

Klopp loves and suits the pace and energy from pitch and stands of EPL not the Spanish game where Nou Camp is full of old Socios who think you are there to entertain them.

Barcilliant

Real Madrid work on logic. Get the best possible players and the best manager available. They want to win. They are not interested in the keeper being able to play it out from the back or any other stupid pre condition. They are also not worried about players expressing themselves on the field. If Casemiro was here he'd be a pussy cat. Do you think he'd be doing scissor tackles and other leg breakers? Yes, Madrid get leniency from refs but out here his style of play would be strangled. Barca lack a mean streak.
The club is too feminine. It acts on feelings, not reason. Aging core should have been shown the door after Liverpool. Instead we had to endure more humiliations.

Temptation

Barca would never even go for Klopp regardless as they will know he would not go to Barca under the conditions at club and this idea of 'obligations' to play a certain way.

Klopp loves and suits the pace and energy from pitch and stands of EPL not the Spanish game where Nou Camp is full of old Socios who think you are there to entertain them.

srs question: Does Xaviball follow the Barca way? Whenever I have watched the Football has been turgid this season with no clear philosophy.

Even Arteta had a more visible plan from day 1 than this....

JamDav1982

srs question: Does Xaviball follow the Barca way? Whenever I have watched the Football has been turgid this season with no clear philosophy.

Even Arteta had a more visible plan from day 1 than this....

No the way Xavi is playing is about as far away from 'Barca style' as can remember from any coach bar Setiens 442 in CL QF final but he would have been chosen with idea of him knowing club and way Barca play.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Real Madrid work on logic. Get the best possible players and the best manager available. They want to win. They are not interested in the keeper being able to play it out from the back or any other stupid pre condition. They are also not worried about players expressing themselves on the field. If Casemiro was here he'd be a pussy cat. Do you think he'd be doing scissor tackles and other leg breakers? Yes, Madrid get leniency from refs but out here his style of play would be strangled. Barca lack a mean streak.
The club is too feminine. It acts on feelings, not reason. Aging core should have been shown the door after Liverpool. Instead we had to endure more humiliations.

There's no doubt we made massive mistakes post 2015, but I still wouldn't trade our last three decades for theirs... to add a little context.

We are far too miserable around here.

Barcilliant

If Ter Stegen was in goal for Madrid they would have lost big against PSG. But Barca logic is Ter Stegen is a better keeper because of his distribution. Nevermind the fact that Courtois is much better shit stopper and that is what a gk is actually supposed to do. This club ....

Temptation

There's no doubt we made massive mistakes post 2015, but I still wouldn't trade our last three decades for theirs... to add a little context.

Respect that opinion.

The journey is more entertaining than the trophies for me.

What a joy it must have been watching Prime Barca for all those years. It was like an orgasm for Total-Football fans.

People have short memories. Golden era of Barca.

JamDav1982

What Barca did in 90s or 00s is largely irrelevant to the gripes of folk now.

As if anything it shows how bad it is when pull out arguments about what Barca were like 30 years ago. Little else to turn to.

mc_lovin

What Barca did in 90s or 00s is largely irrelevant to the gripes of folk now.

As if anything it shows how bad it is when pull out arguments about what Barca were like 30 years ago. Little else to turn to.

Then take the last 10 years. We won five League titles to their four. And won three in a row before that. Hardly ancient titles like Reals first 6 CL titles they usually masturbate to.

Edit: Actually 5 FCB, 3 Real and 2 Atletico... even better :p

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans