Champions League

maz

I walk the line
I would have liked arsenal to go through. They were up against it before kick off but they were in with a chance. However two mistakes, two bits of good play by ronaldo, and its two goals up to man utd.

Shows the gulf between even the team in 4th in England compared to 1st...

IMO Arsenal running the risk of being cut adrift in terms of quality.
Isnt it the same in most leagues? Look at the 29 point gulf between fcb and valencia in la liga. What about the 16 points separating fiorentina and inter in serie A. Most small european leagues (estonia, turkey, romania etc) usually have one or two runaway leaders every season.

Warik

Isnt it the same in most leagues? Look at the 29 point gulf between fcb and valencia in la liga. What about the 16 points separating fiorentina and inter in serie A. Most small european leagues (estonia, turkey, romania etc) usually have one or two runaway leaders every season.

Yes, I was merely making the (I thought witty) observation that the Big 4 is more like a Big 3 and Arsenal some way behind nowadays tbh...Arsenal kind of making it to a nice even number. They are below the other 3 in quality though for sure.

Warik

Fuck Fletcher has had his dream ruined...another bad decision from a referee. This time Man utd on recieving end.

What a fucking idiot. Absolute fucking tool of a Ref.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Horrendous decision, what the fuck ref. That was an incredible tackle, perfectly executed. Will surely be revoked.

maz

I walk the line
Yes, I was merely making the (I thought witty) observation that the Big 4 is more like a Big 3 and Arsenal some way behind nowadays tbh...Arsenal kind of making it to a nice even number. They are below the other 3 in quality though for sure.
Oh right. For sure...it now seems to be big 3 and then a race for 4th place. For which everton and villa gave arsenal a run for their money but still aren't quite at that level yet.

Who did arsenal play in the last 16 round? Playing villarreal wasnt a big enough test for them as villarreal havent been too good lately and missed cazorla (and senna in the second leg if im not mistaken). They've had an easy run to the semi final.

maz

I walk the line
Fuck Fletcher has had his dream ruined...another bad decision from a referee. This time Man utd on recieving end.

What a fucking idiot. Absolute fucking tool of a Ref.
Im not watching the game but is Fletcher going to miss the final? Good news for us if we get past chelsea.

Warik

Oh right. For sure...it now seems to be big 3 and then a race for 4th place. For which everton and villa gave arsenal a run for their money but still aren't quite at that level yet.

Who did arsenal play in the last 16 round? Playing villarreal wasnt a big enough test for them as villarreal havent been too good lately and missed cazorla (and senna in the second leg if im not mistaken). They've had an easy run to the semi final.

They played Roma, and scraped through on penalties. And we have all seen how bad Roma is this season.

Im not watching the game but is Fletcher going to miss the final? Good news for us if we get past chelsea.

Yes he will. No appeal allowed apparently.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
good fletcher is their engine so if he is missing manures chances diminish.

I will nevertheless support the winner of barca/chelsea in the final no way do i want that scum on number 4 and back to back winners.

Warik

Fucked if I know mate, it's been used alot in various different sports...the bloke might of taken it from elsehwere, its just where I got it from.

EDIT: I've PM'd a bloke on another forum as he's good with this sort of thing, to see if he knows.

Home of Barca Fans