Champions League

Warik

I don't know why I even expected either Villarreal or Porto to make a game of it. Should of known after the jammy come backs from English sides they'd just capitulate to them.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Don't write off Villareal yet, they looked beter for the last 10 mins of that half. And arsenal scored in the first leg at the 80th minute or something late like that.

Warik

Nope I'll be surprised if it happens now...I fell into the trap of times before. If ever a jammy ball goes down it will fall for the english now, just as it fell to the Italians before etc. The ball just rolls for them now, when their game plan fails the ball will just fall into their pockets enabling them to score. Nevermind if the opponent has 70% possession, 30 shots or whatever. It is just how things are currently.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Haha Warik that's a pretty defeatist attitude, we'll have a chance to show them that the Catalan team can win just as much as the english one ;)

Come on Porto, one goal and you're through...

Warik

Haha Warik that's a pretty defeatist attitude, we'll have a chance to show them that the Catalan team can win just as much as the english one ;)

Come on Porto, one goal and you're through...

Not defeatist, realistic. Even If Porto score one can you honestly not see Man Utd not going up and scoring another? And Arsenal the same with Villarreal? Just how things go..93rd minute or something Man Utd would score.

...and with that Villarreal now 2-0 down. Game over.

Last edited:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Hmm Ok, fair enough :lol: I'm keeping the faith with Porto though. Maybe, they'll win.

Last edited:

Warik

Man Utd deploying the catenaccio again...It is embarrassing that Sky call it great attacking football when an English side uses it yet it is always "negative" whenever another team deploys it against an English side.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I hope porto can nick a goal to go through, but another side of me tells me the more games manure half the more tired they'll get in the league, still seeing them out of europe is always nice!

Warik

Oh well Man Utd with a shit performance go through. As usual.

Andy Gray will NEVER shut up about this. EVER.

Home of Barca Fans