Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Iarwain

Wenger made an interesting comment at HT, saying Liverpool was physically/pace-wise superior and Barcelona players couldn't keep up. There's really much to learn from this game.

kollegah

Wenger made an interesting comment at HT, saying Liverpool was physically/pace-wise superior and Barcelona players couldn't keep up. There's really much to learn from this game.

What we should learn from this game?

*Dont ever ever again believe the media hype around english teams
*Possesion does not win you titles
*Use the chances you get
*Rely on Messi

dostoevskij

Who saw Messi speak English during the game? He seemed to be saying “no foul” to Kuipers.

i find it always funny seeing messi communicate with CL referees considering the fact he speaks almost no english. at one point i saw him constantly saying "mano,mano" to kuipers who is dutch, after the handball in the box from the liverpool player.

he was all over him the whole game, captain material! re minded me of messi vs Skomina from last year

Porque

It is true, but then again we played against a Klopp side. Not many sides will outrun them.

I did not like our setup, but one of the best ways to exploit a Klopp team is to let them have the ball and try to create, and you counter them.

eaman

It is true, but then again we played against a Klopp side. Not many sides will outrun them.

I did not like our setup, but one of the best ways to exploit a Klopp team is to let them have the ball and try to create, and you counter them.

Yes that did work but if we had Arthur on we would have looked better. We would have had more of the ball and they wouldn't have looked as good.

Porque

Yes that did work but if we had Arthur on we would have looked better. We would have had more of the ball and they wouldn't have looked as good.

Hopefully we see that in the second leg. And hopefully Dembele too as there is a ton of space to exploit.

Howlgrana

Luckily football is not just about 'pace' and running fast. English football obsessed with it.

FinBarcelonafan

Well, everybody knew that before the game. When your team's key players are almost all over 30, you're not going to be the quickest.

SwiftGuyver

Pretty even match overall. The result flatters us a bit in my opinion but I am obviously glad we have a 3-0 lead to take to Anfield.

I think it basically just came down to us being clinical and taking our chances and Liverpool failing to do the same. They certainly had 2 or 3 great chances to score an away goal or two. Mane should have really scored in the first half and Salah should have obviously scored in the second, I couldn't believe he hit the post and was mightily relieved!

Amazing assist from Alba for the first goal and a top poacher's finish by Suarez.

Messi's free kick was pretty much as precise and perfect as you could possibly imagine! Great way to register his 600th goal for the club.

Even though the second leg at Anfield will be tough I feel confident that the tie is pretty much done now as I am sure we'll score an away goal.

Devils

Waking up today is a beautiful feeling.

Beating Liverpool was too easy yesterday.

Man i feel good, lmao @ fools on here still fearing Liverpool. LMAO.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
esta-portada-telegraph-este-mayo-1556777478780.jpg

esta-portada-express-este-mayo-1556777478775.jpg

esta-portada-mail-este-mayo-1556777478786.jpg

esta-portada-este-mayo-1556777418785.jpg

esta-portada-sport-este-mayo-1556777418768.jpg

esta-portada-mundo-deportivo-este-mayo-1556777418784.jpg

jairzinho

Man i love when we beat those English teams and their fans are some of the most deluded you'll ever find anywhere.

Home of Barca Fans