Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

yeah but by a fan who turns off a television somehow transmit less energy to the players hundred miles away.
next time ill text messi " hey messi - 1-0 down but still believe and tv still on mate"

That's clearly not what I'm saying is it? I'm saying how can a fanbase that is so negative and apathetic towards it's team expect the players to break their balls on the pitch for them? Had the Liverpool fans been as negative and not caring as ours would they have won today? These things play a far bigger factor than you think - but I'm just talking about what the fanbase 'deserves'.

Howlgrana

It is shameful. What hurts is this is a result that will stick to Barca, the team that lost a 3-0 and 4-0 lead in the CL consecutive years, it's never happened before, right?

As for the game, the guy a few pages back that said Arthur did more in the 15 mins he was on than Rakitic and Vidal combined was spot on. At least Busi had some control and made some incisive passes. But we all know the problem with him is he's so slow moving and he moves the ball so slowly.

Last edited:

Pfmpd1

Firstly, I hope not to get banned. But, I said earlier, may the best team win.

And I believe that happened tonight, the first leg saw you 3 nil winners. Clinical in front of goal and looked dangerous every rime you went forward.

But I don't think that score gave a fair view of how that first leg played out.

At anfield, it was always going to be Alot harder for Barcelona. And to be quite honest, Liverpool wanted every single ball more.

Without firmino and Salah, I'm speechless but not surprised tbh. Coutinho was, well, was he even playing?

Best team over the 2 legs won, and won fairly.

sauzer

As a MilanAC supporter, I remember when Liverpool beat us in the 2005 final after being down 3-0 and won without deserving it. I rooted for you since Messi started with Barca and it's crazy how unlucky you were in the last years. I know some of you are upset and think your team is bad, but you won la liga what, 8 times out of last 11? When you do that in the best league in the world, with teams like atletico and real (ok this year real sucks but thats just this year), you are clearly one of the best, if not the best, team in the world. And Messi is without doubt the greatest ever. It's just crazy how unlucky you are in double matches, I guess maybe its your trainers... both luis enrique and valverde i guess cant prepare some games, after what happened in roma its not acceptable. I dont know, tonight it was like barca didnt even try to play, they were so slow, always losing the ball, never really tried. It was really sad. The Barca of the past years reminds me of my Milan in 2003-2007 years, when we were clearly the best yet we managed to lose to liverpool and deportivo. We deserved more, barca would of deserved a lot more than real these years, but football is like this, its not like NBA, sometimes being the best is not enough. I feel bad for you.

booge

I hope at least some of you listened to the post-game reactions by Klopp and Valverde.
The difference is there and the end-result is also partially expressed by this huge difference...

Klopp is truly intelligent, has deep identification with his players, he was capable to enhearten and enthuse - his "boys" - as he says.

On the other hand all Valverede is capable of saying is nothing else but dull, pre-fabricated and stereotype sentences, a lot of demagogy and no thoughts whatsoever.

A huge difference, and forgive me if I've been trying to put this fiasco just into the shoulders of the coach, but I'm certain that it was his fault and almost his fault alone.

For quite some months - along with many other of course - I've been trying to tell in this forum that Valverde simply ruins Barca's style, approach and tactics, and just hope that this result will awaken similar thoughts in you, because Barca's future cannot be anything else but pretty dark with this coach.

A defending game-play or a semi-attacking formations and tactics are NOT Barca, so until a much braver and more dynamic coach comes - who wouldn't try to hide behind the notion of being "conservative" is the thing needed now.
Of course some newer players need to come, some sent away or sold, but the core-problem is with the general mentality of the coach.
Nothing can be solved or fixed under Valverde...

well picked out on this. thats something ive been thinkig about after listening to klopp a few times now. same with guardiola.

iq levels are higher. so higher iq means better results, performance.

valverde is like repeating the same stuff like a politician. he is soley relying on messi and was found out.

i think he must go before coutinho even it it means 10 seconds earlier

Dude stfu. The team is weak because the coach is weak. He failed miserably 2nd year running, learnt absolutely nothing from the disaster last year and needs to leave ASAP. The fambase shouldn’t be blamed for this scandalous display.

I talk to people with respect here and expect the same. That's the second time you have replied in a rude way. If you can't be civilized then don't reply to my posts.

Howlgrana

I hope at least some of you listened to the post-game reactions by Klopp and Valverde.
The difference is there and the end-result is also partially expressed by this huge difference...

Klopp is truly intelligent, has deep identification with his players, he was capable to enhearten and enthuse - his "boys" - as he says.

On the other hand all Valverede is capable of saying is nothing else but dull, pre-fabricated and stereotype sentences, a lot of demagogy and no thoughts whatsoever.

A huge difference, and forgive me if I've been trying to put this fiasco just into the shoulders of the coach, but I'm certain that it was his fault and almost his fault alone.

For quite some months - along with many other of course - I've been trying to tell in this forum that Valverde simply ruins Barca's style, approach and tactics, and just hope that this result will awaken similar thoughts in you, because Barca's future cannot be anything else but pretty dark with this coach.

A defending game-play or a semi-attacking formations and tactics are NOT Barca, so until a much braver and more dynamic coach comes - who wouldn't try to hide behind the notion of being "conservative" is the thing needed now.
Of course some newer players need to come, some sent away or sold, but the core-problem is with the general mentality of the coach.
Nothing can be solved or fixed under Valverde...

Yes spot on. The future under Valverde is so dark, the belief in him from the players must be so low, that surely he cannot continue another season given these two factors. Surely.

wisconsincule

Wild how a 3 goal advantage might be worse for you than having a 1 goal advantage. In terms of preparation and mentality they seem to be so different.

It is OK that we lose to Liverpool or any team for that matter, but not in this fashion. We are forever pinned to the pole of infamy for on the receiving end of a comeback TWICE in a row. This is the most humiliating chapter in our history and in any football club's history. We achieved the level of infamy that no other club would reach.

And the way we lost this game is unforgivable. Where was the motivation, where was the fighting spirit? None, as if we had won it and advanced to the final. I am ashamed of EVERY SINGLE player out there and Valverde. They don't deserve to win our badge on their chest. They are so spoiled and pathetic. This loss will have a psychological effect on us for a long time as long as this crop of players are still here so I don't think we will recover for several years in the CL. Kiss goodbye to the CL.

We need to rebuild. Rebuild with a new crop of players who are will not settle with this pathetic and lethargic football that we are playing, players who fight to the last second until the whistle is blown. I will continue to support the club but until Valverde and this crop of players are out of my club, bye bye.

This is bad - worse than last year - but you are overreacting big time by saying we "We are forever pinned to the pole of infamy for on the receiving end of a comeback TWICE in a row. This is the most humiliating chapter in our history and in any football club's history. We achieved the level of infamy that no other club would reach." Real Madrid's numerous big loses against us are far more embarrassing.

Alik

Firstly, I hope not to get banned. But, I said earlier, may the best team win.

And I believe that happened tonight, the first leg saw you 3 nil winners. Clinical in front of goal and looked dangerous every rime you went forward.

But I don't think that score gave a fair view of how that first leg played out.

At anfield, it was always going to be Alot harder for Barcelona. And to be quite honest, Liverpool wanted every single ball more.

Without firmino and Salah, I'm speechless but not surprised tbh. Coutinho was, well, was he even playing?

Best team over the 2 legs won, and won fairly.

Everything you say is true.

Total-Football

Origi milner shakiri.. lmao... all are never world class players, you can make a case for some of them being ex-lords lmao.. we were crushed 4-0 by some good ole lordslmao

I think it’s a mental issue, we clearly saw how lost our players were. It’s Valverde’s fault, we should have played like Fcb should and know how to play. A well coached Barca can beat any team out there. And Dembele should have scored that goal like Messi Cou and Suarez should have taken their chances.

Agreed - it's a combination of quality, mentality and leadership issues.

1) Quality: Bunch of players are simply not good enough - we all know who they are, so I won't mention specific names. Our coach is also severely limited in terms of tactics, and I'm even saying it nicely
2) Mentality: Body language and mentality of team is out of whack. Body language and on-the-pitch attitude of key players like Suarez (arguing, fighting, simulating) and Coutinho (simply looks disinterested) has been woeful. I think the coach has no real control of the team - he has a few favorites (every coach does, anyway) whom he relies on whether they perform or not. Very little merit seems to be applied to starting XI.
3) Leadership: Our team has not been mentally strong since Puyol left. Messi is a genius, but I don't think he's a leader in terms of rallying the troops. He leads in his own way, but doing everything himself because that's what he's good at.. performing miracles. But in future we need someone who can knock sense into players' head and motivate them mentally. Ultimately, the most important leader is the coach, and Valverde has shown himself too small to be a leader. Klopp, Zidane, Cholo - these are exemplary leaders.

Looking forward to rebuilding our team, but it is truly painful to watch a potentially great team get humiliated repeatedly, mostly from our own doings.

Home of Barca Fans