Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

Porque

In the end of the day you are investing into the country. LaLiga has nice historic clubs with fanbases but little outside it to encourage investment.

A contracting economy with ever reducing spending power, a tightly financial regulated league that has anti spending measures (and thus asset/player acquisitions) and lack of income produced in tv rights and prize money to debt load teams for growth.

Then there are the high taxes, and beurocracy issues that make investment in Spain much less attractive than the UK. If PSG has socio-political incentives for the Qatari's to be there.

Meanwhile In Spain, the two Super Clubs are off the market.

Lim thought he was getting good value in Valencia with high growth potential being the 3rd City of Spain and two stadiums and their land., Until he hit a brick wall with the local government, and we're not even talking about the FFP controls yet. Probably should have gone got a mid level PL team and built them up instead.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No1's watching a Sociedad vs Sevilla game.

Millions of people globally watch games like Newcastle vs West Ham.

The teams are more interesting top to bottom. The Football is more exciting to watch.

PL even with Spanish commentary does great figures in countries like Mexico. Best product wins.
Do you seriously think Newcastle vs West Ham is an exciting game? Those are two terrorist teams. I'd rather watch Sociedad vs Sevilla any day of the week.

ebc_99

No1's watching a Sociedad vs Sevilla game.

Millions of people globally watch games like Newcastle vs West Ham.

The teams are more interesting top to bottom. The Football is more exciting to watch.

PL even with Spanish commentary does great figures in countries like Mexico. Best product wins.

Best marketing wins, just like any other entertainment, movies, music tv... best marketing gets the biggest audiences, is Barbie the best movie released this year? It's certainly had the largest audience and made the most money.

The Premier League is too corporate, soulless even, doesn't do it for me and the football there is massively overhyped, but it does have good games but no more than any other league.

The marketing is what sets it apart, they have managed to convince people like you that West Ham vs Newcastle is better to watch than Real Socidead vs Sevilla.

I love Spanish football, I don't know why people on here are slagging it off constantly, its bizarre.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Do you seriously think Newcastle vs West Ham is an exciting game? Those are two terrorist teams. I'd rather watch Sociedad vs Sevilla any day of the week.
Same but i think its because we are used to la liga, if you ask a neutral fan he would think 'Hmmm Pl > ll' so i will watch Newcastle westham

Gnidrologist

I would never watch wesham-newcastle just like i don't listen to latest radio hit. Just because dumb masses are easily duped into doing the same stupid shit without thinking (clot shot, anyone?), doesn't mean it indicates quality. Quite often it's a sign of the opposite and i don't say this just to sound cool. It is what it is.

Temptation

Best marketing wins, just like any other entertainment, movies, music tv... best marketing gets the biggest audiences, is Barbie the best movie released this year? It's certainly had the largest audience and made the most money.

The Premier League is too corporate, soulless even, doesn't do it for me and the football there is massively overhyped, but it does have good games but no more than any other league.

The marketing is what sets it apart, they have managed to convince people like you that West Ham vs Newcastle is better to watch than Real Socidead vs Sevilla.

I love Spanish football, I don't know why people on here are slagging it off constantly, its bizarre.

Best marketing? Yes.

But best product too.

It's the common consensus that La Liga is extremely boring in general with slow games, horrendous officiating and all the playacting. Lewandowski, a current La Liga player publicly discussed the issues in the league.

Also, like Fergus90 said, if you can't convince the locals here who are directly connected to the region and the clubs, how on Earth will you suck in the millions of viewers globally who don't have the pre-established intrinsic connection to the clubs/league?

Even shite PL teams have known faces. League is filled with great managers. Ancelotti goes to manage Everton before his Real stint. Emery manages Villa. Lopetegui managed Wolves. PL games are fast paced and exciting with great crowds.

Porque

I think now (and maybe it is just me) that it isn't just about seeing a midtable LaLiga game versus a midtable Premier game.

The choice is out of a midtable LaLifa game or a top of the table Italian (eg Milan vs Napoli) French (PSG vs Marseille) German or even Portuguese (Lisbons/Porto) if one is on. Which may be more interesting and have more star power.

So LaLiga is falling behind as a draw because there are no recognisable names compared to the top teams in the other top leagues, let alone the Premier League.

In a sense, it supports the idea of the Super League which could have worked without England. You can't fight inevitable trends.

Neeraj

It's not just the marketing and the players though. It's also the overall product - that includes exciting commentary, exciting television coverage, exciting pre and post match shows....La Liga is absolutely horrendous at all of this. So even if you add the ability to have top players/managers, like Spain had for a very short period a few years back - the overall product is so poor.

The commentary puts you to sleep. The English coverage is pathetic to say the least. Unenthusiastic and uncharismatic guys talking before the game...The fact that a lot of them don't speak English very well, that doesn't help.

For me, these things matter a lot. The EPL Is built and sold in English - other European leagues will never have that advantage, which is absolutely massive. As someone who has grown up on Barca and La Liga, I'm going to watch it regardless. But I totally understand why kids growing up and new fans don't give two shits about La Liga.

Temptation

It's not just the marketing and the players though. It's also the overall product - that includes exciting commentary, exciting television coverage, exciting pre and post match shows....La Liga is absolutely horrendous at all of this. So even if you add the ability to have top players/managers, like Spain had for a very short period a few years back - the overall product is so poor.

The commentary puts you to sleep. The English coverage is pathetic to say the least. Unenthusiastic and uncharismatic guys talking before the game...The fact that a lot of them don't speak English very well, that doesn't help.

For me, these things matter a lot. The EPL Is built and sold in English - other European leagues will never have that advantage, which is absolutely massive. As someone who has grown up on Barca and La Liga, I'm going to watch it regardless. But I totally understand why kids growing up and new fans don't give two shits about La Liga.

Great post. Low appeal Liga.

Porque

Somethings wrong in the water over at Manchester. Greenwood sent packing because of DA, Sancho ostracized and Antony facing his accusations.

That's three players that should be key in the team.

Squad happiness can't be good, especially with the losses piling on.

Tough times for ETH. Needs to go shopping again, but outside of Amsterdam.

Home of Barca Fans