Champions League 2017/18

Devils

We can't press. Meaning we can't do it as a reliable tactic whenever we want. When you do something as a tactic it means you are in a state of mind and body that allows you to do it whenever the manager sees it fit.

But then how come every time we pressed playing attacking football this season in the games such as the Clasico, Juve, Sevilla etc... it worked? You are saying that at 2-0 down in Rome we couldn't have ditched our bus parking tactics, change our game-plan and try a more attacking pressing style to try and grab a goal?

Kind of hard to believe that our players at 1-0 or 2-0 down in Rome our players wouldn't have been able to mentally and physically accept that a change is needed. To me it seems more of a managerial issue that our stubborn coach told us to keep the same tactics.

serghei

But then how come every time we pressed playing attacking football this season in the games such as the Clasico, Juve, Sevilla etc... it worked? You are saying that at 2-0 down in Rome we couldn't have ditched our bus parking tactics, change our game-plan and try a more attacking pressing style to try and grab a goal?

Kind of hard to believe that our players at 1-0 or 2-0 down in Rome wouldn't have been able to mentally and physically allow them to do it. To me it seems more of a managerial issue that our stubborn coach told us to keep the same tactics.

It was a combination of factors.

The plan wasn't to park the bus imo, and I pretty much resent Valverde these days as much as the next fella. The outcome was that we parked the bus because we lacked the aggression and the intensity to win any individual duel almost. Roma were first in any 50-50 ball, even if they failed to win the 50-50 duel, they won the 2nd ball and redirected to Dzeko immediately, and not perfect balls. Dzeko was huge for them and we had no answer, because he managed to control difficult passes that landed in his area of action. And there was the tactical error with the 2 strikers trapped between their CBs, one of which was Messi who had his usual QF walking performance, in which he made very few off the ball runs. And the other was chaotic Suarez running like a headless chicken with his clunky awkward style.

Givenchy

one cannot simply hate on klopp or liverpool. i hope they win it. it would be a romantic triumph of football over capitalism.

have to admire Liverpool did this with a budget also, United and City just throw money around for fun. truly romantic if they do win their 6th, I think thats more than any other english club right?

KingLeo10

have to admire Liverpool did this with a budget also, United and City just throw money around for fun. truly romantic if they do win their 6th, I think thats more than any other english club right?

liverpool are already way ahead of the english pack with 5. united at 3, followed by nottingham and co at 2 :lol:

Joan

Seems solid. Him, Cakir and Brych are probably the best 3 referees.

sergio-ramos-real-madrid-atletico-champions-league-final-2014_c61od5y9egbu10qcb6svvmkzk.jpg

very solid. :coffee:

KingLeo10

woah didn't realize england has won so little, I thought United had equal but i must of been thinking of PL's

yeah, CL is notoriously hard to win (as we're finding out these days :( )

real have 12, but had a headstart with like 5 in the 50s.
milan have 7
Barca, bayern, liverpool have 5 each
inter 3, united 3
juventus 2

Home of Barca Fans