Champions League 2016/17

raki

These bastards are so lucky..easy draws all around.
When they a get a tough one: Lewa injury, Vidal misses penalty and 2 naive yellows for Martinez. FUCK!!!!!

If Lewa played...

Altomonte

I guess it's all about Ronaldo. If you foul Ronaldo you get a yellow card. Foul him twice and you are out. Amazing how it happened to Martinez who should know better. Ancelotti took out Xavi Alonso a few minutes later to prevent a second yellow / red card for another Spaniard.
Without a special Neuer performance, the result could have been 4:1 or 5:1.
Amazing what a red card can do.
BTW, am I the only one who thinks Carvajal was offside before he played the Cross that led to Ronaldo's first goal?
All replays showed Cr7's connection with the Cross, but I have not seen replays of the pass that enabled Carvajal to be completely free and by himself before crossing. Alaba must have been sleeping.
Anyway, water under the bridge. Bayern looked ok in the first half, even capable of scoring another goal (obviously Vidal's penalty + a perfect oppty for Müller disallowed by the referee because of a FALSE offside), but when Ronaldo scored and forced the red card, the game was over. Robben was still trying, but there was no Lewandowski in the center to help him.
Amazing, how similar the Bayern breakdown was to the Arsenal breakdown in the previous round. It is not easy to play quality opposition with 10 men!
Lesson learned: don't foul Ronaldo twice or FIFA will come after you.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

[youtube]Jeiu7y-a220[/youtube]

the state of marcelo, pepe, and cristiano in this game. the former 2 are terrorizing europe these days while we can't string 5 passes together.

ManusXavi

Right lets get a reality check here. Real Madrid would not have won today without the red Card. There is no way you can say Real are better than Bayern. It could have been 2-0 to Bayern in the first half. I firmly believe Bayern will score a minimum of 2 goals at the Bernabeu. . . .My money is on 3 goals. Ok with that dominance where are Real madrid going to find 3 goals? Cos if Bayern score 3 goals then Real Madrid need 3 goals to advance.
I'm picking Bayern to win the Champions League.

hardyboy

Right lets get a reality check here. Real Madrid would not have won today without the red Card. There is no way you can say Real are better than Bayern. It could have been 2-0 to Bayern in the first half. I firmly believe Bayern will score a minimum of 2 goals at the Bernabeu. . . .My money is on 3 goals. Ok with that dominance where are Real madrid going to find 3 goals? Cos if Bayern score 3 goals then Real Madrid need 3 goals to advance.

Bayern haven't scored a single goal in Spain in last 3 years... The tie was over as soon as Javi got the red card. Real will wipe the floor with Bayern at Bernabeu

Last edited:

Yannik

I wish you were right but lets be honest, Real was never out of the match. The potential to increase the lead in the first half was there, but never fully used, half chances only. Real had repeatedly looked dangerous on the break away after the half time whistle when Bayern had all their men forward. Martinez received the 2nd yellow for a tactical foul he had to pull. Had that not happened then it might have just happened 10mins later then.

With a bit more luck this might have stayed 1-1 but that's about it. Neuer was already at the limits to what a human goalkeeper could do. Over 90mins Real played exactly the game they wanted to play. Bayern isn't out of it, but do you really see it happening? Because I don't.

Salasciua

when i saw Vidal laughing and cheering at the crowd before the penaly i was SURE he would have failed.

I said it to my gf and after the penalty she asked me if i was nostradamus or something... i'm not nostradusm, i just seen many times vidal fail things in juventus when he feel too much confident.

That penalty miss completely changed the game

Meatball

when i saw Vidal laughing and cheering at the crowd before the penaly i was SURE he would have failed.

I said it to my gf and after the penalty she asked me if i was nostradamus or something... i'm not nostradusm, i just seen many times vidal fail things in juventus when he feel too much confident.

That penalty miss completely changed the game

+1 Agree! I wouldn't say completely but It did change the game!

Windhook

Bayern Munchen this season is represented by three players - Lewandowski, Robben and Ribery. The rest of the squad is nowhere near the level of Modric, Casemiro, Ramos, Benzema, Marcelo and Bale. Many were fooled (including me) by their recent form, especially the destruction of Arsenal in the previous round, but looking at it now it's nothing special given the Gunners' extremely poor perfomances lately.

Altomonte

Bayern Munchen this season is represented by three players - Lewandowski, Robben and Ribery. The rest of the squad is nowhere near the level of Modric, Casemiro, Ramos, Benzema, Marcelo and Bale. Many were fooled (including me) by their recent form, especially the destruction of Arsenal in the previous round, but looking at it now it's nothing special given the Gunners' extremely poor perfomances lately.
How about Neuer, Hummels, Alaba, Lahm, Thiago, Vidal, Xavi Alonso, ...
Neuer, Hummels, and Lahm were among the players who carried Germany to WC glory. Alaba is the best player and captain of the Austrian team. How he missed Carvajal's run leading to the 1:1, I don't know. Probably offside but no replay was shown, only replays of Ronaldo's goal. Thiago is world class as well and we will regret forever to let him leave Barça. Vidal has his flaws but won Copa America twice for Chile and certainly did well until his penalty miss.

Devils

When was the last time that Real won the away leg and then was eliminated at the Bernabeu?

I think it's highly unlikely that Bayern make a comeback from this. They might be able to pull off a 1-2 leading to ET or a 2-3 win but to me it seems unlikely.

Bayern aren't as stacked as we like to think. Some of their players are getting old and are past their best days but they are relying on them in the same way we still rely on Iniesta.

Robben, Ribery, Lahm and Alonso are going against the best fullbacks and midfielders in the world and they showed their age yesterday. Just can't see how they will change that much in the return leg even with Lewandowski.

Hardy

Statistics on distance covered:

-Borussia Dortmund 108.9;
-Monaco 107.8;
-Atletico 109.9;
-Leicester 103;
-Bayern 108.7;
-Real Madrid 109;
-Juventus 108.8;
-Barcellona 99.7.

This is just atrocious, depressing, disgusting, pathetic etc...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We are just down right static, lethargic and above all, LAZY as hell.

We deserve to crash out like that with the way we played, period.

Wake up and smell the coffee, FC Barcelona.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans