Champions League 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

Manchester City are to be fined £50m and will have to contest next season's Champions League with a squad size limited to 21 players, after being found guilty of breaching UEFA's financial fair play rules.

French newspaper L'Equipe has reported that PSG are facing even stiffer penalties from UEFA than City.

And couple this with the tired old and insane rumors that they want to buy Messi. :lol:

Just again shows how little weight there are in the Messi rumors that surface every summer.

Kohe321

What a joke FFP is :lol:

Something needs to be done with these artificially rich clubs, don't you think?

Or else the use of money in regards to player wages and transferprices will just escalate into absurdidty, and football competition will basically end up being a pure D!"#k-measuring contest between billionaires and their pet-clubs. These "oil-clubs" are inflating the market like crazy. Personally I don't want the future of football to become one where clubs pretty much need to have this sort of financial backing in order to stay competetive, unless they have an insane academy that can produce talent to keep them at the top by itself. Which would be a volatile solution anyway, as there is no guarantee that the next generation of academyplayers will be as "golden" as the last, thus eventually forcing the club into the inflated market sooner or later.

At least there needs to be found some happy compromise, and some sort of regulation is obviously needed to achieve this. If it keeps going down this path, what will a player like Bale cost 10 years down the line?

My 2c.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Manchester City are to be fined £50m and will have to contest next season's Champions League with a squad size limited to 21 players, after being found guilty of breaching UEFA's financial fair play rules.

French newspaper L'Equipe has reported that PSG are facing even stiffer penalties from UEFA than City.
8 of 21 must be home-grown players :mou: that will be tough for MC and PSG

Cule4life

The Culest
People you are getting me wrong. I want something more to be done against oil clubs. But a fine seriously? They should be banned from CL.

Kohe321

People you are getting me wrong. I want something more to be done against oil clubs. But a fine seriously? They should be banned from CL.

Oh, well

M0bWify.gif

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
What's with the fine.

Can't abide by the rules, kick them out for a year, simple as. They'll soon change there ways & rest will follow suit.

All clubs will take it serious, if you show you mean business.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

+1!!!

I also agree that what the UEFA has done so far to enforce FFP, is indeed a joke.
PSG and City should be made examples of that others fear to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans