Cesc Fàbregas

Ursegor

World Champion
Yeah, his influence in those 2 goals when Dani whipped crosses into the opponent defenders heads was almost as big as the banana's.

Having said that. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back. After throwing away all titles and essentially playing a couple of friendlies for the remainder of the season, he's back in time.

Cesc. :worthy:

Ketoth

Funny how opinions on this thread keep going back and forth, back and forth... and so on.

In my opinion Barcelona's best midfield should be an Iniesta - Cesc core. Xavi should be dropped.

Bu3aLi

I've been hating Cesc for some time now, that being said, if he's sold it'll be a huge loss !!

When he plays where he naturally should be he makes a difference, unfortunately that doesn't happen often.

psychotsek

Cesc's numbers have always been good. The problem is that he is 26,in his third year at the club and can't be considered a starter.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah, his influence in those 2 goals when Dani whipped crosses into the opponent defenders heads was almost as big as the banana's.

Having said that. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back. After throwing away all titles and essentially playing a couple of friendlies for the remainder of the season, he's back in time.

Cesc. :worthy:

So every bad result in the second half of the season is cesc fault.

hardyboy

It will be a big blow if we sell him. Xavi should step down and Cesc should be the integral part of our midfield next season

psychotsek

It will be a big blow if we sell him. Xavi should step down and Cesc should be the integral part of our midfield next season

But he clearly showed that he cannot play in the deep midfield position Xavi plays.
If he stays we would potentially have 3 players for one position (Iniesta, Cesc, Rafinha) and only Xavi for the other spot in the midfield.

Andrew M

I think he needs to stay.

You take a look around the market and you see such a dearth of high quality midfielders.

e28makaveli

Funny how opinions on this thread keep going back and forth, back and forth... and so on.

In my opinion Barcelona's best midfield should be an Iniesta - Cesc core. Xavi should be dropped.

Agreed. We should at least give it a try, although I do not think that Cesc has the stamina.

However, I am thinking Xavi himself is not willing to log off. Given his legendary position, it will take a coach with guts to drop him.

The guy should do us a favor and try to push and mentor Cesc and his "successor"....

If he wants to become coach someday, he has to start learning some of these kind of selfless habits. Guess he did not learn from Puyol.

Last edited:

el chilenito

great game, when he plays in his natural position he oozes class. he makes the game so much more direct when he plays in midfield, tata no more false 9 for cesc, play him in midfield!!!!!! thats where we play better as a team, when he plays false 9 position the formation breaks apart.

Juan Shoe

The problem is he is not a direct replacement for Xavi. Nobody is. The only person in the world capable of playing Xavi's role in that way is Iniesta. Then you have to decide is it better to sacrafice the Xavi-role or the Iniesta-role. There will have to be a change of some description in this respect. Cesc can be successful at Barca but not trying to be a carbon-copy of Xavi.

Home of Barca Fans