Cesc Fàbregas

E

El_e8

muh stats

Too bad stats didn't help him against Real Madrid or in any CL knockout game.
Someone here already proved that Fabregas stat-pads against relegation zone and that's exactly what Chelsea needed last season. He will do just fine against West Ham and Hull City.

Superstar85

muh stats

Too bad stats didn't help him against Real Madrid or in any CL knockout game.
Someone here already proved that Fabregas stat-pads against relegation zone and that's exactly what Chelsea needed last season. He will do just fine against West Ham and Hull City.

During his time with Barca, didn't he score more goals than Iniesta (for example) against Real Madrid? Didn't he score or assist against Athletico or say Valencia?
Last time i checked a player only gets an assist if his team mates convert the opportunities he creates, Fabregas created far more goal scoring opportunities than any other Barca player last season.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi created most chances in la liga in last 3 seasons. I read it somewhere. Cesc disappears in all big matches.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I have looked and his stats do not drop as drastically in second half of season in all competitions over the past few years.

They do drop and part of that in not one of those seasons was his position in the team kept consistent before and after xmas.

I am sure he is second only to Messi in stats in the second half of the season the past three years although would need to double check.

It is almost as if he would be appreciated more if his stats were better than average in the first and second half of season. He would get more praise for that than being exceptional stats in first half and still very good stats in second.

The stats that I've provided do show his drop of form and it is rather drastic. His impressive stats at the end of each of the seasons is largely due to his fantastic first halves. Nobody has claimed anything else. The only thing I'm criticising is that part. As for the position changes, it may have had some effect, but he still had some great games as a false nine.

I agree on the last part of your post. The thing is that had he retained some of his autumn form where he was scoring and assisting for the fun of it, we may have won the league. Of course, we can't pin it all on him since it requires a team effort to win the league, but it's not unfair to have expected more from Cesc during the spring. But to be fair to him, he wasn't the only player whose form dropped - most of the players did, so it's not entirely his own fault, but he still has a part of it.

I'm not a Cesc hater, if that's what the rest of you think, I'm only criticising where it's due.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Anyone?

10401441_1063251897048359_2239270464804697200_n.jpg

PaulFCB

Banned
lol, Fabregas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Messi + Neymar + Suarez + the rest of our squad.

MvP ever grown in La Masia.

CuleLife4Life

I'm one of those who doesn't think everyone from La Masia belongs at Barca Cesc proving that right now.

Sucks his dream turned into a nightmare here but glad he is back to playing football like he knows how even if it is for Chelsea.

CatalinR10

i'm happy he's doing well in another team. Wouldn't want him to stay longer here and be useless in the second part of the season as always.

Morten

I wonder how he would have peformed for Barcelona, if Wenger hadnt snatched him back then. His talent is undeniable, but he suit PL much better

Home of Barca Fans