Cdr final at Camp Nou

F

Flavia

Camp Nou will be the venue for the Spanish Cup final between FC Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
03/25/2015 19:37

The Spanish Football Federation has made public their decision this Wednesday as to where the game between FC Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao

Panoramica_Camp_Nou.v1427310587.jpg

Camp Nou will be the venue for the final of the Spanish Cup which will be played on Saturday 30 May between Athletic Club and FC Barcelona. The Spanish Football Federation has made public the decision this Wednesday on where the final will take place.

This will be the fourth time that Spanish Cup final is to be played at Camp Nou. Barça won in their only appearance at home in the final back in the season 1962/63. The three previous finals at Camp Nou:
1962/63, FC Barcelona – Zaragoza (3-1)
1969/70, Real Madrid – Valencia (3-1)
2009/10, Sevilla – Atlético Madrid (2-0)

F

forcabarca

Wow.... Bit shocking really, thought it would be a neural venue.

Blaugrana Man

This strikes me as hugely unfair.

So the Bernabeu turned down hosting the final, whatever. They couldn't have it at Mestalla, Sanchez Pizjuan, Vicente Calderon, etc?

F

Flavia

So the Bernabeu turned down hosting the final, whatever. They couldn't have it at Mestalla, Sanchez Pizjuan, Vicente Calderon, etc?

Unfair how? Athletic's president wanted Camp Nou too. The tickets are 40% for each teams, and 20% to rfef.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Athletic Bilbao themselves voted in favour of having it at Camp Nou. Tickets will be shared equally among both of the teams.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't sound fair. Capital is doing their best to get themselves out of trouble (anthem) and create a feud between Basques and Catalans.

F

Flavia

Doesn't sound fair. Capital is doing their best to get themselves out of trouble (anthem) and create a feud between Basques and Catalans.

A feud how? Athletic's president wanted camp nou too, so they get more revenue. I don't think there will be any problems.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think rationally. Would FC Barcelona allow the final to be played if Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao were in the final? That would've never happened.

Richard.H

Why would athletic agree to it? Is the revenue that big from making it hosted in camp nou where it completely overshadows other aspects?

F

Flavia

Why would athletic agree to it? Is the revenue that big from making it hosted in camp nou where it completely overshadows other aspects?

Which other aspects? And yes, Camp Nou is the biggest stadium in europe.

Home of Barca Fans