Can Giorgi Mamardashvili replace Ter Stegen at a profit?

companyofcules

Our goalkeeper is 31 and is a big star= big trasfer fee, we need money to get our finances straight and there is a 23 years old tall goalkeeper who looks very promising, reminding me of young Courtois.
Should we sell our captain for a big sum and get this young keeper?

I think we should. You need to risk something to get a profit and only Ter Stegen, De Jong and Aruajo can turn out to be very profitable sales.
I would start with Ter Stegen due to his age.

Porque

I like him, is he good enough with his feet though?

We should start treating goalkeeper the same way other positions in the B, and the same way we signed the cream of the U17 WCs in Faye, Diarra and also huge talent like Pedri, we should do the same with GK.

Btw to answer your Q, I think it's more likely we keep Ter Stegen and get Dimitrievski in as backup.

Porque

On a tangent, I have read today that the Nou Mestalla will finally be ready in 2025.

70000 seater stadium. Hopefully it can drive some investment and a return of one of Liga's super teams.

companyofcules

My only concern is his Rustu vibes in certain saves, but I am impressed and I always wanted a tall keeper, it's very handy in though matches vs teams that prefer long shots or crosses.
Now, if we don't sell Ter Stegen this summer we will get no money in the future since he is not that young.
2. Maybe we will find no replacement in the future because quality tall keepers are rare and expensive.
3. I think he is good enough with his feets, nothing exceptional tho. But we should focus first on his saves and then on other things.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think the play here is to sign a younger GK and not one of the usual La Masia midgets we produce at the position, but a genuine highly rated talent.
And then see if he has what it takes before we ship ter Stegen off.

Home of Barca Fans