Camp Nou

Messi983

61bf9129d08af.jpeg

61bf6d11edc1a.jpeg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Very happy that it went through, and more over, the first electronic/telematic referendum in our history. The 44.14% turn out is higher than the 2014 referendum on the Espai Barca project but not as high as I'd have liked and expected.

Our men's football first team has been a laughingstock for years (but not the other teams and sports as we have been a leader in most other areas. Even our cross country team is the current Spanish champions :rockon:), the management and some might say the club itself has been a laughingstock for several years, but the institution itself, the democratic traditions of this club definitely put us in the forefront of all sports clubs in the world. Fans of many other clubs look at the power of our socis and fans and the democratic processes with envy, the fact that we can democratically elect the president and have says on things of this magnitude make us stand out. Even some members of certain clubs owned by members can't vote like we do apparently, such as Athletic Bilbao. Only recently some EPL clubs such as Manchester United and Liverpool started making changes to give the voices of their fans a seat at the table, but overall still just a ceremonial and rather insignificant role, at least judging by what has happened so far.

Visca Barca. :barcaflag:

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
2025 eh? Let's hope Alba, Busi and Pique won't have their goodbyes at the new stadium.

Will be interesting to see how many of our 'Dream Teen' players will be there for the opening of the stadium. Araujo, Eric, Gavi, Pedri, Nico and Ansu?

FinBarcelonafan

2025 eh? Let's hope Alba, Busi and Pique won't have their goodbyes at the new stadium.

Will be interesting to see how many of our 'Dream Teen' players will be there for the opening of the stadium. Araujo, Eric, Gavi, Pedri, Nico and Ansu?

My bet is on Pedri and Gavi. Fati who knows if he stays healthy. He has the quality.

Mateka

Barcelona plan to invest 1.5 billion (E1.6bn) to transform the ground into a 105,000-seater stadium that is "at the avant garde of technology." The project is certainly ambitious, not least because the club intends to push ahead with it despite being around ?1.5bn in debt. ESPN

In a day when money is required to sign players, can somebody explain the financing of a stadium to me?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barcelona plan to invest 1.5 billion (E1.6bn) to transform the ground into a 105,000-seater stadium that is "at the avant garde of technology." The project is certainly ambitious, not least because the club intends to push ahead with it despite being around ?1.5bn in debt. ESPN

In a day when money is required to sign players, can somebody explain the financing of a stadium to me?

Fairly simple... Loan for stadium.

When new stadium built will most likely try to cover large part of loan repayment through naming rights.

Badly need new stadium due to state of current one and to boost future income.

It wont impact ability to sign players and not being chosen ahead of that. If anything being able to show players the plans should help attract them.

Last edited:

Messi983

This is misleading. Renovation of Camp Nou will cost 900m.

Windhook

Great news that was a dream project for the last two decades. I believe the 35 year loan plan from Goldman Sachs is the right approach under the financial crisis at Barca. The club is huge enough even without any success in the forthcoming seasons, our legacy, I believe, still will generate the revenue to repay this loan.

We are years late compared to other big clubs who all built new or rebuilt their stadiums in the last decade.

Didn't read in the article - does the renovation mean Barca will play their games until 2025 at Estadi Johan Cruyff?

[MD] Espai Bar?a chronology: 23 years of projects and two referendums

Last edited:

Devils

Camp Nou Saudi Arabia

It might be a necessary evil at this point. We'd be financially lit until we pay it off at least.

:wow:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great news that was a dream project for the last two decades. I believe the 35 year loan plan from Goldman Sachs is the right approach under the financial crisis at Barca. The club is huge enough even without any success in the forthcoming seasons, our legacy, I believe, still will generate the revenue to repay this loan.

We are years late compared to other big clubs who all built new or rebuilt their stadiums in the last decade.

Didn't read in the article - does the renovation mean Barca will play their games until 2025 at Estadi Johan Cruyff?

[MD] Espai Bar?a chronology: 23 years of projects and two referendums

Since the socis have voted to go ahead, now we are in talks with Goldman Sachs to look for the money and in the meantime we have already started negotiations with several construction companies about the work. If everything goes as planned, the work will start next summer and the 22/23 season will still be played at Camp Nou, however with reduced capacity. I think the plan right now is to move the games completely away from Camp Nou starting with the 23/24 season for two seasons before coming back for the 25/26 season when the Nou Camp Nou opens. Initially Laporta and the board were mulling the Estadi Johan Cryuff and wanted to increase the capacity from the current 5000 to 15K but the plan was apparently discarded due to the cost of doing so and some logistics and permit issues, I believe. So now increasingly the option seems to be to play games at the Olympic Stadium. It has its own problems.

Home of Barca Fans