Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

L3v1s

I can't believe that I actually had hopes in Dortmund:lol: first time I say it but it's a meme of a league really..

Shit, is it really 11 after this season?

I guess Dortmund is only 2 points behind after today, but they are bound to fuck up even if Bayern gives them another opportunity.

The tale is that this will stop when Neuer, Lewy and M?ller are gone. Lewy is already gone, Neuer injured - and M?ller will stop 2024 or 2025...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The tale is that this will stop when Neuer, Lewy and M?ller are gone. Lewy is already gone, Neuer injured - and M?ller will stop 2024 or 2025...

I don't know if anybody seriously predicted such. Bayern is not built around a couple of players, they have the ability to replenish the squad with good players and they have the clout, the money and prowess that no other team in Germany can match in the foreseeable future.

Barcilliant

I find it funny that people are criticising the league and Bayern. Bayern own us and even frigging Eintracht beat us. Under Tuchel Bayern become even more formidable. Funny how EPL fan boys never criticise Bundesliga for being a one horse race.

KingLeo10

I find it funny that people are criticising the league and Bayern. Bayern own us and even frigging Eintracht beat us. Under Tuchel Bayern become even more formidable. Funny how EPL fan boys never criticise Bundesliga for being a one horse race.

why is this cuck always crying about Barca in every single thread :lol:

Bayern get mocked as Bayernliga in every single EPL forum. Fuck outta here

I don't know if anybody seriously predicted such. Bayern is not built around a couple of players, they have the ability to replenish the squad with good players and they have the clout, the money and prowess that no other team in Germany can match in the foreseeable future.

Yes. But Bayern had more money in the recent 30 years. But other Bayern squads in the past always had their years in which they slipped especially in the smaller matches - or just slipped more often. It has to do with mentality, too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes. But Bayern had more money in the recent 30 years. But other Bayern squads in the past always had their years in which they slipped especially in the smaller matches - or just slipped more often. It has to do with mentality, too.

Mentality is overrated and can’t be measured. The likes of Gladbach and to a lesser extent Augsburg, Mainz have great mentality when taking Bayern on, but without everything else it is not going to take them anywhere.

I’d say the gap between Bayern and the other clubs has never been bigger than today, in terms of everything, money, clout and everything. When Dortmund is resigned to be nothing but a springboard, an incubator for Bayern and foreign elite teams, when the other clubs have no ambitions other than perhaps making it to Europe and making their local fans happy and entertained somewhat (rightfully so), it is inconceivable that Bayern doesn’t own the league the way it has been in the last decade. The monopoly will only be further cemented and reinforced.

serghei

Mentality is overrated and can?t be measured. The likes of Gladbach and to a lesser extent Augsburg, Mainz have great mentality when taking Bayern on, but without everything else it is not going to take them anywhere.

I?d say the gap between Bayern and the other clubs has never been bigger than today, in terms of everything, money, clout and everything. When Dortmund is resigned to be nothing but a springboard, an incubator for Bayern and foreign elite teams, when the other clubs have no ambitions other than perhaps making it to Europe and making their local fans happy and entertained somewhat (rightfully so), it is inconceivable that Bayern doesn?t own the league the way it has been in the last decade. The monopoly will only be fucther cemented and reinforced.

They enjoy football in itself more than winning. If you just enjoy playing too much, you are never going to be fully desperate about winning. That's the Bundesliga vibe. The joy other teams get from just competing vs Bayern is not healthy for the spirit of the competition.

I don't like playing anything if I don't win at least at a comparable rate to my competitors.

Mentality is not overrated, it's absolute huge. Anything that is called a competition has to be firstly about winning it. In this case, mentality is basically a fancy substitute of pure logic. Dortmund are an incredible case. They are Europe's best consistent losers. A complete oddball of a team.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They enjoy football in itself more than winning. If you just enjoy playing too much, you are never going to be fully desperate about winning. That's the Bundesliga vibe. The joy other teams get from just competing is not healthy for the spirit of the competition.

I don't like playing anything if I don't win at least at a comparable rate to my competitors.

Mentality is not overrated.

I meant mentality is overrated in terms of assessing why Bayern has been so dominant in German club football in the last decade or so. Mentality can certainly help win games here and there (like Gladbach against Bayern) but mentality alone doesn't sustain the team on a continuous, long-term basis and can't substitute for the lack of overall quality and everything else. No team can win the league for this long and win so many trophies based on mostly mentality. I don't doubt that other German clubs want to beat Bayern and win the league, but they simply don't have what it takes to do so. It is like asking a La Liga team that is not Barca, Madrid, Atletico and perhaps Sevilla and Villarreal to aspire to win the league today. Just not realistic.

The fact of the matter is, the gap between Bayern and the other German clubs, whether it is the quality of their players, or the ability to retain and attract good players, to the wages offered and attractiveness etc. is just huge. And it is only going to get wider.

serghei

I meant mentality is overrated in terms of assessing why Bayern has been so dominant in German club football in the last decade or so. Mentality can certainly help win games here and there (like Gladbach against Bayern) but mentality alone doesn't sustain the team on a continuous, long-term basis and can't substitute for the lack of overall quality and everything else. No team can win the league for this long and win so many trophies based on mostly mentality. I don't doubt that other German clubs want to beat Bayern and win the league, but they simply don't have what it takes to do so. It is like asking a La Liga team that is not Barca, Madrid, Atletico and perhaps Sevilla and Villarreal to aspire to win the league today. Just not realistic.

The fact of the matter is, the gap between Bayern and the other German clubs, whether it is the quality of their players, or the ability to retain and attract good players, to the wages offered and attractiveness etc. is just huge. And it is only going to get wider.

Mentality is huge imo. Dortmund team does not have the motivation or the will to do what it takes to compete with Bayern. Look at even their keepers. Comically bad keepers at Dortmund in many years. :lol:

They are not that far off from actually winning a title, especially in bad domestic years like the one Bayern are facing. If they actually desperately want it, but they are just happy to sell players and be run like a money making corporation. Absolutely dreadfull mentality.

For all the jokes on Atletico and Simeone, they have my respect far far more than teams like Dortmund and Leipzig lol. Even comparing these is a complete joke.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mentality is huge imo. Dortmund team does not have the motivation or the will to do what it takes to compete with Bayern. Look at even their keepers. Comically bad keepers at Dortmund in many years. :lol:

They are not that far off if they actually desperately want it, but they are just happy to sell players and are run like a money making corporation. Absolutely dreadfull mentality.

Yeah, Dortmund is a case of chickening out in front of Bayern in almost every encounter in recent memories. Capitulating before the first shot is fired. But let's be honest, that squad of theirs can't match Bayern on a consistent basis even if they tried. Bayern's relatively damper position this year in the league is due to their own fuckups.

Dortmund's business model is to acquire young players and good prospects on the cheap, sell them high to elite clubs and use the money to replenish themselves and reinvest year after year and happily retain the runner-up spot. It has been working great for them.

serghei

But let's be honest, that squad of theirs can't match Bayern on a consistent basis even if they tried. Bayern's relatively damper position this year in the league is due to their own fuckups.

That's the biggest problem of that league. Bayern at their shittest are winning it by a 5-10 ponts margin in the end.

Not much different than Ligue 1.

I have watched Lille vs Lens some weeks ago by accident, and enjoyed it like a Bundesliga game. But in the end, for me, who wins is always the biggest question of a competiton, and if it's set from the start because only one team has this objective... it's a 2nd rate competition.

Sorry but the clear trio of leagues in unchanged since decades ago. Spain, England, and still Italy.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's the biggest problem of that league. Bayern at their shittest are winning it by a 5-10 ponts margin in the end.

Not much different than Ligue 1.

I have watched Lille vs Lens some weeks ago by accident, and enjoyed it like a Bundesliga game. But in the end, for me, who wins is always the biggest question of a competiton, and if it's set from the start because only one team has this objective... it's a 2nd rate competition.

Sorry but the clear trio of leagues in unchanged since decades ago. Spain, England, and still Italy.

Like others (fergus, Morten etc.) have said, Bundesliga is actually very attractive if you take Bayern out of it, for me and many at least. The quality of that league is undeniable I think, as we have struggled against Buli teams in recent memories (Bayern and Frankfurt goes without saying, other than the thrashing of Leverkusen in our golden years, we have struggled against for example Gladbach), it is plausible to say that Bayern is just that good even when they are not near their best. They are still the favorite to win the CL this year in my opinion.

Anyways, I think those of us who enjoy watching Bundesliga will just have to keep telling ourselves that the championship is reserved for Bayern and don't get our hopes up and just try to enjoy the other games.

Home of Barca Fans