Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

Vilarrubi

I think you guys are making stuff up, didn't he leave because the pressure was too much and he wanted a break? Also as bojan said, he never planned to stay long.

I'd understand if he was still retired now, but he isn't. The break was only a year.. but even if he did plan to leave it shows a lot about his character to leave after such dominance then go when Madrid won the league.. but still I don't have a bad word to say about him other than that.

khaled_a_d

I'd understand if he was still retired now, but he isn't. The break was only a year.. but even if he did plan to leave it shows a lot about his character to leave after such dominance then go when Madrid won the league.. but still I don't have a bad word to say about him other than that.

Why would he retire until now?he was the most demanded coach who loved his job .why taking a break should be any longer than a full year? Actually most coaches would have accepted the next job immediately once decided to leave.
Pep never wanted to stay long.he was always honest about that and said he doesn't think a coach tenure should be longer than 3-4 years in one team.Agree or disagree but that is what he believe.
I don't think he left because he lost the league ,he simply thought he is finished here. Again he wasn't the type of guy who wants to last long.
And it isn't like he is staying longer than those 4 years anywhere else.3 years in Bayern and you bet he won't renew his 3 years contract with Man City. It is just who he is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Pep told the club he was leaving in December that season by most accounts, way, way before the league was decided or anything like that.

Vilarrubi

Why would he retire until now?he was the most demanded coach who loved his job .why taking a break should be any longer than a full year? Actually most coaches would have accepted the next job immediately once decided to leave.
Pep never wanted to stay long.he was always honest about that and said he doesn't think a coach tenure should be longer than 3-4 years in one team.Agree or disagree but that is what he believe.
I don't think he left because he lost the league ,he simply thought he is finished here. Again he wasn't the type of guy who wants to last long.
And it isn't like he is staying longer than those 4 years anywhere else.3 years in Bayern and you bet he won't renew his 3 years contract with Man City. It is just who he is.

I get that, it's just my opinion that leaving on a loss whether you planned to or not isn't my thing. But respect to him for sticking to what he said.

ini4ever

I hoped so, just like everyone. I knew what he said about not staying for long but many of us thought of it (and his year to year renewals) as a tactic to keep the squad motivated.

You know, not any team could ever be perfect for more than 4-5 years 'in a row', we can't find such a team in football history, so i think it's a little bit fantasy to expect being top for several years.
Despite of that, not every coach has that much potential to stay many years at one club, you know how many 'managers' there are in football history that been staying long time at one club ? Ferguson and Wenger recently ( I admit that Ferguson is a damn good one lol ) but you see Wenger's team have been declining for years now, i think even players would be exhausted to see one 'face' for years and all of managers haven't that ability to keep players motivated all time, let's not expect Pep to be perfect at every aspect, he did get us use to see 'perfection' for 3-4 years, maybe for that our expectation of him became high over period of time.
Im sure if Pep had stayed more seasons ( one or two ) soon he'd have been fell down and fans start to saying 'Pep please leave us sooner to not keep declining'
And im expecting lucho himself will be like Pep as other managers throughout barca history been, it's hard to keep working at one of biggest club in football for years.
Let's face it, in modern football staying for a long time at one club would be 'honorable' and 'crazy' ,therefore a few managers could ever achieve it ( even in the past ).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Pep told the club he was leaving in December that season by most accounts, way, way before the league was decided or anything like that.

That has been said but I think his mind was properly made up after the defeat to Chelsea.

Think he said in December his intention was to leave and they left it open for him to change his mind and the Chelsea game was when it was made definite.

Seem to be different stories on it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You know, not any team could ever be perfect for more than 4-5 years 'in a row', we can't find such a team in football history, so i think it's a little bit fantasy to expect being top for several years.
Despite of that, not every coach has that much potential to stay many years at one club, you know how many 'managers' there are in football history that been staying long time at one club ? Ferguson and Wenger recently ( I admit that Ferguson is a damn good one lol ) but you see Wenger's team have been declining for years now, i think even players would be exhausted to see one 'face' for years and all of managers haven't that ability to keep players motivated all time, let's not expect Pep to be perfect at every aspect, he did get us use to see 'perfection' for 3-4 years, maybe for that our expectation of him became high over period of time.
Im sure if Pep had stayed more seasons ( one or two ) soon he'd have been fell down and fans start to saying 'Pep please leave us sooner to not keep declining'
And im expecting lucho himself will be like Pep as other managers throughout barca history been, it's hard to keep working at one of biggest club in football for years.
Let's face it, in modern football staying for a long time at one club would be 'honorable' and 'crazy' ,therefore a few managers could ever achieve it ( even in the past ).

While you make good points I can't but look at Atlético and Simeone. 5th season now and staying for another at least.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That has been said but I think his mind was properly made up after the defeat to Chelsea.

Think he said in December his intention was to leave and they left it open for him to change his mind and the Chelsea game was when it was made definite.

Seem to be different stories on it.

Could be.

That Chelsea defeat a bitter pill to swallow.

ini4ever

Yeah, but not been at top for each year, he's got two years which we can name it 'successful'.
Also wanted to mention it Pep shouldn't be judged by trophies, thanks to him but he's not kind of coaches just manage a team to win trophies as i've said, his legacy for us is much more important just like as cruyff's legacy.
I just said that, but at the end of the day as i mentioned Barca > all.

Icarium

Lifestealer
As much as I like the man and his coaching methods he is a fucking Hypocrite. So I can understand if people don't like him. Still I feel that he has given lot to barca and have to respect him more than you guys are doing right now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As for the legacy... There is no legacy unless it's carried from one to the next and built on foundations.

Cruyff lay the foundations, Van Gaal continued, Rijkaard as well, Pep took it to perfection.
All those people deserve a big credit.

JamDav1982

As for the legacy... There is no legacy unless it's carried from one to the next and built on foundations.

Cruyff lay the foundations, Van Gaal continued, Rijkaard as well, Pep took it to perfection.
All those people deserve a big credit.

Agree with that. Pep worked wonders but how can you leave the legacy at his door?

Cruyff was huge, before him Michels, the la masia generation, the Laporta board the got club back on track. Probably biggest of all the fact Messi signed for club at 13.

All those contributed and allowed Pep to pull it all together but the legacy of that team is down to a variety of things coming together and Pep was a part of that not the whole reason.

El Flaco

FIFA grants Bundesliga right to trial video referee in the next 2 years

• In 2016/2017 there will be 3 'dry runs' per week, with a video referee having the technology available but not actually influencing the decisions on the field
• In 2017/2018 they'll do the full test, with all 9 matches per week being influenced by the video referee
• Only for 'crucial' decisions: Goals, penalty calls, red cards, violent conduct and cards that were given to the wrong player
• No challenge system
• There'll be a video referee watching and the main referee also has the ability to watch replays himself

Home of Barca Fans