Breaking news! Gavi set to LEAVE Barcelona

El Gato

Villarato!
Anyway you can always imply everyone leaving in that era for being a greedy kid, argument which always holds water.

I dont understand the greediness argument in first place
Not only Cesc went off to London at 16 under Gaspart, Pique also went off and hardly due to greediness
So what bearing has that on Gavi that you implied is being greedy/egotistical - which I still dont know what the basis of that is, other than what I can gather from some AS headlines that his entourage is feeling Laporta lied
When I on contrary only said Klopp is known to give fair amount of time to the youth in all manners of games, beit Phillips, Jones or Elliott

This is a rather rambling set of conclusions dawg, I think you've been in the Caffe Catalonia threads a tad too long

JamDav1982

Folk pick and cboose why young players leave.

If it is a board/coach they like it will be the players are just greedy and care about money and nothing else.. if it is a coach/board they dont like they blame them for there being no path to first team.

Reality is young players have been getting offered better salaries and promises of faster promotion for years and that is main reason they leave it is a mix of circumstances and doesnt make them greedy either.

Windhook

I dont understand the greediness argument in first place

You didn't get that line it seems.

It's Jammy's theory that Pique left Barca because of greed. Not mine. Please.

I never said Gavi is greedy, but this contract drama shows there is clearly disagreement in terms between club and his agents.

JamDav1982

You didn't get that line it seems.

It's Jammy's theory that Pique left Barca because of greed. Not mine. Please.

I never said Gavi is greedy, but this contract drama shows there is clearly disagreement in terms between club and his agents.

Nope... I said he left for money and first team opportunities.. it is in the interview you provided a link to from Pique himself so no 'theory'.

El Gato

Villarato!
Without involving our Scottish debate bro in this, why is Gavi greedy/egotistical?
Is there solid news of whether he or his family are even truly upset about club position or manager?
Or just standard dragging out the negotiation to get best deal for himself here or at another club where may get just as much game time while also playing under some of the best managers?

Porque

Here is an interview by Pique when he left for Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2308596/pique-i-couldnt-refuse-united

The Catalan giants were left fuming at his decision, but Pique believes he will develop as a player at Old Trafford.

"Sir Alex Ferguson told me what Manchester United were going to do for me and what they were expecting from me in return," he stated.

"After listening to him, I thought it was a great opportunity for me to grow as a player and to experience playing abroad.

"Barcelona were not pleased by my decision, but they have to understand that if they don't take care of a player's aspirations, it's logical that they will accept another club's offer.

"That's what I did to further my career. I feel calm about that decision - but I will always have Barcelona in my heart."

But remember Laporta also kicked out his Grandfather who was one of Nunez (and Gasparts boys) and the Vice President at the time. The rumours were that Pique exit was also because of that.

When Rossell came back as President, so did Pique's Grandfather and he stayed with the club up until... Laporta came back :lol:

Basically we're a political shitshow and will always be our greatest enemy.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Without involving our Scottish debate bro in this, why is Gavi greedy/egotistical?
Is there solid news of whether he or his family are even truly upset about club position or manager?
Or just standard dragging out the negotiation to get best deal for himself here or at another club where may get just as much game time while also playing under some of the best managers?

What are you going on about...

JamDav1982

Here is an interview by Pique when he left for Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2308596/pique-i-couldnt-refuse-united

The Catalan giants were left fuming at his decision, but Pique believes he will develop as a player at Old Trafford.

"Sir Alex Ferguson told me what Manchester United were going to do for me and what they were expecting from me in return," he stated.

"After listening to him, I thought it was a great opportunity for me to grow as a player and to experience playing abroad.

"Barcelona were not pleased by my decision, but they have to understand that if they don't take care of a player's aspirations, it's logical that they will accept another club's offer.

"That's what I did to further my career. I feel calm about that decision - but I will always have Barcelona in my heart."

But remember Laporta also kicked out his Grandfather who was one of Nunez (and Gasparts boys) and the Vice President at the time. The rumours were that Pique exit was also because of that.

When Rossell came back as President, so did Pique's Grandfather and he stayed with the club up until... Laporta came back :lol:

Basically we're a political shitshow and will always be our greatest enemy.

He signed back for Barca under Laporta.

Porque

He signed back for Barca under Laporta.

Pique or Amador Bernabeu?

Pique did, but I imagine they amended things as Pique matured and thought for himself.

That is of course, if the rumour was true.

But it does go to show how much Pique political sway is entrenched in the club. And having to now make unbiased sporting decisions with a rumoured 50m owed to him... fck me.

JamDav1982

Relax we’re more or less in agreement

Just genuinely trying to understand why people are upset with Gavi or entourage

They are getting upset when dont even know what is going on behind closed doors and easy claim to make that players are greedy if want to leave.

Porque

Possibly. As I said, a rumour at the time in Barcelona.

https://elpais.com/diario/2004/07/02/deportes/1088719215_850215.html
The reasons why Piqu? emigrated to England yesterday generated a crossroads of statements between the footballer's grandfather, Amador Bernabeu, a member of the Bar?a board for twenty years -he became vice president under the mandates of Josep Llu?s N??ez and Joan Gaspart- who Surely which is a consequence of the bad treatment given to the boy since the club became aware of the interest of several clubs in taking over his services: "They played with the feelings of a 16-year-old boy separating him from the team. I spoke with the president, Joan Laporta, and They let him go back, but not to Juvenile A, but to B, despite being international". He denied that he was moved by economic interests.

In the Bar?a offices the version is very different. The club says it made him an offer to improve his contract before Pique asked for permission to miss a youth tournament in San Sebastian in December. ". After agreeing with Arsenal the transfer, the appearance of United frustrated the agreement: Piqu? preferred Old Trafford to complete a flight as announced as painful for Bar?a.

https://as.com/futbol/2004/07/02/mas_futbol/1088749654_850215.html
Piqu?'s case has a morbid element: his grandfather is Amador Bernab?u, a former Bar?a director during the mandates of Josep Llu?s N??ez and Joan Gaspart. Critical of Laporta, Bernab?u denied that his grandson had left for money. He has been treated unfairly by Bar?a, which has made his life impossible by lowering him from youth A to B and keeping him two months without playing.

Unfortuntely it was Pre-Messigician otherwise we would know the truth.

Home of Barca Fans