Bernardo Silva

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
28 y.o. over his prime.

We have younger players and are full in midfield while lacking in full backs and playing with Busquets who is finished.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Modric turned 27 when Real Madrid signed him.

Not saying Bernardo Silva will turn into Modric, but he is objectively a world class player. Cannot rely on an 18 year old Gavi if Pedri for example is injured. It won't work.

Bringing in a world class midfielder in his prime as a replacement for Frenkie would be great business. CDM can wait till next year depending on how Nico does on loan.

serghei

Modric turned 27 when Real Madrid signed him.

Not saying Bernardo Silva will turn into Modric, but he is objectively a world class player. Cannot rely on an 18 year old Gavi if Pedri for example is injured. It won't work.

Bringing in a world class midfielder in his prime as a replacement for Frenkie would be great business. CDM can wait till next year depending on how Nico does on loan.

Only just. Has to happen this summer for 70m at best. If 28 turns into 29 next summer... too late, you're talking about a near veteran already.

So, get Bernardo and make winning one of the next 2 CLs a top objective.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only just. Has to happen this summer for 70m at best. If 28 turns into 29 next summer... too late, you're talking about a near veteran already.

So, get Bernardo and make winning one of the next 2 CLs a top objective.

I think he'll very likely renew with Man City and just stick around there if he doesn't get to move this summer.

serghei

I think he'll very likely renew with Man City and just stick around there if he doesn't get to move this summer.

Would probably be for the best for all parties. This summer or close the chapter for me. Not the player you can chase for the future. Signing him now would mean a decent chance to get in CL semifinals next year, we'd seriously be a force, a top 4 team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
80m for him and we still keep Frenkie. Not that I want Frenkie to be gone, I don't, Laporta should really have a reality check and find out how we are going to balance our books in the next couple of seasons before keeping his spending spree going and going with no signs of stopping. What else is he going to sell next??

Or perhaps Laporta will pull a Bartomeu and say "not my problem".

Zidane82

80m for him and we still keep Frenkie. Not that I want Frenkie to be gone, I don't, Laporta should really have a reality check and find out how we are going to balance our books in the next couple of seasons before keeping his spending spree going and going with no signs of stopping. What else is he going to sell next??

Or perhaps Laporta will pull a Bartomeu and say "not my problem".

The figure is supposedly 50 to 55 million apparently for Bernardo according to todays rumours

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If you sign Bernardo then you instantly become genuine contenders to win the CL. He's that big of a difference maker. I hope he leaves City to join you.

Bernardo, Pedri/Gavi and Busquets is downright naughty. Xrated stuff!!!!

serghei

If you sign Bernardo then you instantly become genuine contenders to win the CL. He's that big of a difference maker. I hope he leaves City to join you.

Bernardo, Pedri/Gavi and Busquets is downright naughty. Xrated stuff!!!!

True. We'd only need Trent and we'd be golden. :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans