Bernardo Silva

xxxxxx

If they want more, money can be added.
Godforbid they might want Puig (the only club where he potentially could be of transfer worth for Barcelona) but also Griezmann, De Jong, Ilaix, Dest and of course Messi, potentially, apart from those mentioned.

Getting Bernardo would be too good to be true, and Laporte could be perfect as well.

That's the problem.... we don't have the money they'd want. Silva and Laporte still have years left on their contract. Laporte is probably worth 50m and Silva is probably worth around 60m in today's market. Roberto is probably only worth around 25m and Dembele is probably worth around 40m, especially when they only have 1 year left on their contract. We'd have to throw in 55m to 60m, which we don't have. As I said, they don't need Dembele. They may take Roberto, but only for a rotational player.

We may get Silva and Laporte next year, but we're only signing free transfers this summer. Depay will probably be our last signing. Realistically, if we do want to sign a big signing this summer, we'd have to let Messi go. We can't keep him here and expect to sign big players.

Messi983

I'd give them Puig alongside Roberto and Dembele to get Bernardo and Laporte without thinking twice.

But surely they're not that crazy, lol.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Another player who would clash heavily with Messi, and to the most extreme degree. No please. Can't understand what the posters are thinking by wanting a RW-CAM hybrid like Bernardo while Messi is still here.

JamDav1982

These type of rumours flew about last summer and Cancelo swap with shite like Roberto/Semedo. Or Sillva/Jesus and cash for Messi.

None of those would have ever been remotely close to happening.

Be same again and bar Roberto for low fee cant see any Barca players going to City and Roberto is strange enough one.

Porque

Only way we can feasibly get someone like Laporte or Bernardo is if we do one of those deals where we loan for a year and pay next season.

It seems we have established a decent enough relationship for that.

Now if Pep really really wanted Sergi or Dembele, then that would open another door.

fergus90

These Spanish papers need to accept no top club wants Sergi Roberto just because he scored the 6th goal vs PSG four years ago. He'll be heading to the MLS once Barca ditches him.

Birdy

LOL at people thinking Bernando can be a hit here while Messi is still around.
They literally play the exact same position, the RW/RCAM whatever it is
They will be cramming themselves all over the same spaces, leaving the team more exposed and more weak out wide

Plus, that he does not have what we need, but is rather another technical player who can pass well, but does not dribble, does not break buses, does not create spaces
It's the exact opposite of Dembele who keeps the width of the team by staying wide to receive the ball, and has the characteristics we need (dribbling, pace, explosion).

Birdy

We are still trying to get rid of Coutinho and Griezman, because of incompatibility with Messi.

Bartomeu is not the president anymore, Laporta should make sense with the transfers this time around

Bobo32

Could he be that Iniesta type offensive midfield that we have been lacking for years?

If not, pass.

He's an intense and quick left footed winger with good vision, decision making and dribbling. He can play as winger, interior or false9 (surely some more positions as well, I learned that he played some LB in Benfica as well).
That he has some things in common with Messi doesn't mean much - Messi is 34 and on his way out, doesn't run 1/10th as what Silva does, and Silva has always been playing well in a more of a complementary role both in club and NT, in contrast to for example Coutinho or Dembele.

Only thing is he mostly wants the ball on foot just as most other Barcelona players, they are in more need of someone good who can run a bit more in behind, like Pedro or Villa - but Bernardo is so good that it doesn't matter, if there is an opportunity they should get him.

Porque

He's an intense and quick left footed winger with good vision, decision making and dribbling. He can play as winger, interior or false9 (surely some more positions as well, I learned that he played some LB in Benfica as well).
That he has some things in common with Messi doesn't mean much - Messi is 34 and on his way out, doesn't run 1/10th as what Silva does, and Silva has always been playing well in a more of a complementary role both in club and NT, in contrast to for example Coutinho or Dembele.

Only thing is he mostly wants the ball on foot just as most other Barcelona players, they are in more need of someone good who can run a bit more in behind, like Pedro or Villa - but Bernardo is so good that it doesn't matter, if there is an opportunity they should get him.

Right, for Barcelona I think we should be looking for that role that we envision Riqui Puig to be. The midfielder that will also show up for the pass, demand the ball, choose the tempo and cycle our passes. de Jong is never going to be that and Busquets is definately out of the team sooner rather than later because of age. Like Messi.

So if we're looking at Bernardo and if we had a chance, then for me, we should be looking at if he can be that midfield role.

As you suggest, Bernardo may not be the best solution for a forward role with or without Messi. We need runners and movers there like we always had previously.

FinBarcelonafan

You are dreaming if you think Dembele and Roberto can get us Laporte and Silva. Dembele and Roberto are on expiring contracts too.

City would need a lot of money on top of those two.

Bobo32

Right, for Barcelona I think we should be looking for that role that we envision Riqui Puig to be. The midfielder that will also show up for the pass, demand the ball, choose the tempo and cycle our passes. de Jong is never going to be that and Busquets is definately out of the team sooner rather than later because of age. Like Messi.

So if we're looking at Bernardo and if we had a chance, then for me, we should be looking at if he can be that midfield role.

As you suggest, Bernardo may not be the best solution for a forward role with or without Messi. We need runners and movers there like we always had previously.

Yeah, I think he could play that Iniesta-like role better than Frenkie, Pedri or Ilaix ever could.
What makes him a very good signing is that he would also be great as a winger or even false9 though, even though he isn't the perfect fit right now, when Messi is still there. He could play decently as a "runner" if instructed to I'm sure, although it isn't his natural style, and I think he could combine with Messi sort of like Alves did, if they were placed close to each other.
In one or two or three years when Messi isn't there, he could do part of what Messi does, and Griezmann, Depay or Coutinho couldn't.

Home of Barca Fans