Bayern Munchen

Birdy

Sextuple so good Flick didn?t win coach of the year :worthy:

Sextuples are overrated.
They are awesome to get in terms of prestige, but in terms of difficulty? Not really...

The way from the treble to the sextuple is a huge meh in terms of difficulty. You have to be beat the Europa league holders and the domestic cup holders in single games.
The real difficulty is not to underestimate the single game format, most of the times there is a quality gap between contenders so the best team can always win if careful.
The World Cup final is a joke, not worth even analyzing.

Recently, the way from a double (domestic league and CL) to a treble has become easier than what it had been in the past. Look how many teams since Barca 2009 made the treble.
And even if we talk about leagues that are monopolized, like Germany and France, it's not even a question about the league then. It's only CL.
If you are Bayern or PSG, win the CL and most of the times you will be in a position to easily win the Sextuple!
The CL effect: from 1 to 6 trophies if you are PSG or Bayern

BarcaOG

Banned
tbh, the bayern sextuple def bums me out. i really really wanted them to lose against tigres.

but id have to agree w those of you arguing that bayern's trebles/sextuples are not as impressive as barcas, because, as you say, bayern have no real domestic opposition. What is it now, like 8 league titles in a row right now for them and like 7/8 cups?

achieving that in spain, for any team, is tougher, because you have to beat Real/Barca....in England it would also be more impressive because there are 4-5 title contenders there

but a treble in Germany or France? meh

Morten

tbh, the bayern sextuple def bums me out. i really really wanted them to lose against tigres.

but id have to agree w those of you arguing that bayern's trebles/sextuples are not as impressive as barcas, because, as you say, bayern have no real domestic opposition. What is it now, like 8 league titles in a row right now for them and like 7/8 cups?

achieving that in spain, for any team, is tougher, because you have to beat Real/Barca....in England it would also be more impressive because there are 4-5 title contenders there

but a treble in Germany or France? meh

Now here's the funny part, PSG actually have more domestic competition than Bayern do.

Richard.H

TBH I just can't take the German domestic competitions seriously. Before 2015 at least there was a good Dortmund side to give them some scares. Now they could probably play their B team in Bundesliga and still be at first place or just a few points away. It's downright embarrassing how freely they just buy all the big talents in their league. It's like the whole country unified and said "we are gonna help Bayern win so they can represent our country".

Morten

TBH I just can't take the German domestic competitions seriously. Before 2015 at least there was a good Dortmund side to give them some scares. Now they could probably play their B team in Bundesliga and still be at first place or just a few points away. It's downright embarrassing how freely they just buy all the big talents in their league. It's like the whole country unified and said "we are gonna help Bayern win so they can represent our country".

Thats exactly how i feel, like the entire country decided that they should have one "flagship" for some reason.
Dortmund, the only viable rival to Bayern at some point, basically decided to give up, and instead decided to become Bayerns farmer club, Bayern tells them to jump, Dortmund said "how high?".

They will probably give up Haaland too, if Bayern asks, though they will face competition from City this time around.

BarcaOG

Banned
Thats exactly how i feel, like the entire country decided that they should have one "flagship" for some reason.
Dortmund, the only viable rival to Bayern at some point, basically decided to give up, and instead decided to become Bayerns farmer club, Bayern tells them to jump, Dortmund said "how high?".

They will probably give up Haaland too, if Bayern asks, though they will face competition from City this time around.

totally agree.

its odd tho. germany as a whole does a good of of producing young talent, but its very poorly/unfairly distributed since it all ends up at bayern. youd think that would disincentivize smaller clubs from wanting to develop talent..unless, as you say, they all basically agree to let bayern ultimately represent them

which is a meme

Morten

maybe that historically speaking marseilles and lyon were realistic contenders until faaairly recently whereas bayern has dominated germany for decades

No, im actually talking about more recently.
Bayern have lost 2 league titles in 10 years.

PSG have lost 3 league titles in 10 years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Not entirely true, Bayern II is struggling in 3.Buli right now. :troll: But yeah, in spirit I agree Bayern pretty much walks Bundesliga, partly because they are the only real powerhouse in Germany, partly because Bayern has been really good themselves (been competitive for a long time and walking over Europe in the last couple of years). I think if we put ourselves, Real Madrid and those English teams in the Bundesliga we might also be behind Bayern on the table.

With regard to Bayern's monopoly over German football talent that's very true. Most German talents aspire to play for them and they have the widest selection of players on all levels. Having said that, Bayern's own academy isn't that great (Alaba was the last one? Even he wasn't truly a Bayern academy player since he arrived from Wien) so they can just easily buy, buy and buy with little domestic competition and even appeal to players and have them sit out their contract and join for free.

BarcaOG

Banned
No, im actually talking about more recently.
Bayern have lost 2 league titles in 10 years.

PSG have lost 3 league titles in 10 years.

ok, sorry, thought you meant historically but yeah, that makes more sense. plus if im not mistaken psg loses more domestic games than bayern? certainly has felt like this is the case the past couple of seasons

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Dortmund is a selling club, that is their business model and at the end of the day it is a business for them (stock prices and profit matter a lot) so they don't really have any real ambitions these days, if they did before. Dortmund will not necessarily serve Bayern's interest, they will sell their players to the highest bidders.

Home of Barca Fans