Bastian Schweinsteiger

Sterlingfan2000

Theres still a Feeling in Bayern that he was pushed out to free the wage bill. Im sure Pep is aleady searching for another Spanish Player lol.
One thing is clear , If bayern fails next year , the fans will ask for both heads (Rummenige and Guardiola)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What he does possess which this current Man Utd team lack is proper leadership. Bastian has it in droves. That alone will be worth his salary in my view. It is a quality they badly need injected into their team.

Morten

I guess he did it for the money? There are literally no other reasons to move from a vastly superior club in his home country to fish and chips, rain and mediocre football. Did i mention rain?

oggydude

Lol some of these comments, LVG is an excellent coach, done excellent at Ajax and at Bayern he really built a good solid technical football ground for future managers to develop, something we needed at United post-Fergie quite who somehow got league titles with Anderson/Cleverly in midfield, something we are showing signs of.

Again with the Manchester is just rain and fish & chips comments, just so culturally stupid.

Welcome Bastian, he will be 31 but Xavi was 30 when Spain won the WC, and 31 in 2011, Scholes was 31 in 2006 and 33 when we last won the CL, Pirlo joined Juve when 32, if he stays fit he could be an excellent buy in the Scholes role for us.

Morten

Lol some of these comments, LVG is an excellent coach, done excellent at Ajax and at Bayern he really built a good solid technical football ground for future managers to develop,something we needed at United post-Fergie quite who somehow got league titles with Anderson/Cleverly in midfield, something we are showing signs of.

Again with the Manchester is just rain and fish & chips comments, just so culturally stupid.

Welcome Bastian, he will be 31 but Xavi was 30 when Spain won the WC, and 31 in 2011, Scholes was 31 in 2006 and 33 when we last won the CL, Pirlo joined Juve when 32, if he stays fit he could be an excellent buy in the Scholes role for us.

you show signs of improvements, but after spending billions on the transfer market. Its nothing like what fergie did with some very mediocre players and much less spending. Van Gaal has a long way to go, United last season was less than stellar.

Last edited:

Martindn

you show signs of improvements, but after spending billions on the transfer market. Its nothing like what fergie did with some very mediocre players and much less spending. Van Gaal has a long way to go, United last season was less than stellar.

Far better than the year before.

EdmondDantes

Now they really need Thiago to stay fit, especially if they're not looking to bring a replacement for Schweini.

Yeah that would help. But they also have Lahm, Alava, Alonso, Javi who can play there as well.

As for the weather in Manchester, I think Bastian being from Germany will be fine. I do remember reports from years ago saying the likes of Tevez and Robinho had problems with depression while living there, Cristiano wasn't the happiest of lads there either. It's not for the faint hearted, even for millionaire footballers hehe.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I guess he did it for the money? There are literally no other reasons to move from a vastly superior club in his home country to fish and chips, rain and mediocre football. Did i mention rain?

No way. Bastian is already making 10m euros a year at Bayern, the same as what Manchester United is offering him. He has always wanted to play abroad one day, it is well known among his fans and Bayern fans. Actually he is taking a gamble to join Manchester United, in my opinion, since he will not enjoy the status and privilege he has had at Bayern over there, he has to quickly adapt and establish himself.

Bastian's importance to Bayern has decreased in the last couple of seasons, but he has been a leader and Bayern flag bearer for a long time. I am sure Bayern will miss him, if not his game contribution on the pitch, definition for his leadership and influence on and off the field.

Good luck Bastian. I will have to start following Manchester United's games starting next season.

Will he travel to the US? If so he will probably get a chance to play against us in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah that would help. But they also have Lahm, Alava, Alonso, Javi who can play there as well.

As for the weather in Manchester, I think Bastian being from Germany will be fine. I do remember reports from years ago saying the likes of Tevez and Robinho had problems with depression while living there, Cristiano wasn't the happiest of lads there either. It's not for the faint hearted, even for millionaire footballers hehe.

What is the typical weather in Manchester, out of curiosity? I have seen a lot of people commenting on its alleged bad weather and the whole city being quite shabby and depressing. Really?

I know that it rains a lot in Munich, I have been there twice and it hardly not rained almost everyday I was there. "Pep Confidential" claims it rains about a third of a year in Munich.

oggydude

It rains in the whole of UK at least twice a week from October-May, rarely get snow though, the past month has had amazing weather though. Tevez and Robinho were from South America and therefore makes sense while they will not enjoy the weather here, Bastian shouldn't have any problem however. Cristiano never complained about Manchester just was a Real fan and was bored of winning the league 3 times in a row, needed a new challenge.

Manchester is no Paris/London/New York, but still an excellent city, I grew just outside it in a small town and always loved going there when I was a kid until I settled in London.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
if he was pushed out then i have no idea what guardiola is doing. he has made some very strange decisions in his time as bayern manager. no doubt the pensioner xabi alonso will be trusted with the playmaking duties at bayern next season. :facepalm:

EdmondDantes

What is the typical weather in Manchester, out of curiosity? I have seen a lot of people commenting on its alleged bad weather and the whole city being quite shabby and depressing. Really?

I know that it rains a lot in Munich, I have been there twice and it hardly not rained almost everyday I was there. "Pep Confidential" claims it rains about a third of a year in Munich.

It's like Oggy said but I'll add that from November to late February it's just pitch black right after 4pm, meaning if you leave home to work at 6ish am, you're lucky to even see any day light, and when you do, it's cold, cloudy and grey. You can see why certain nationalities have problems adapting but most Europeans should be fine, in fact the weather is not that bad bearing in mind what some players go through in countries like Russia and Ukraine.

Alarcón

He is not nearly the player he was a few years ago. But obviously will greatly improve Manchester's midfield as it does not exist.

Morten

No way. Bastian is already making 10m euros a year at Bayern, the same as what Manchester United is offering him. He has always wanted to play abroad one day, it is well known among his fans and Bayern fans. Actually he is taking a gamble to join Manchester United, in my opinion, since he will not enjoy the status and privilege he has had at Bayern over there, he has to quickly adapt and establish himself.

Bastian's importance to Bayern has decreased in the last couple of seasons, but he has been a leader and Bayern flag bearer for a long time. I am sure Bayern will miss him, if not his game contribution on the pitch, definition for his leadership and influence on and off the field.

Good luck Bastian. I will have to start following Manchester United's games starting next season.

Will he travel to the US? If so he will probably get a chance to play against us in the next couple of weeks.

I recon that Bastian will improve Uniteds midfield greatly, not only for his qualities, but also because Uniteds midfield is quite awful. The premier league in general isnt exactly blessed with great midfielders.
He will ace it, i would be suprised otherwise. He will have to get used to fish and chips and rain though.

Home of Barca Fans