Basketball/NBA

KingLeo10

Giannis when come playoff

He's such a fraud. Only reason he looks dominant is because regular season teams give him a highway to the basket. But when there's even a half decent wall come playoffs, he crumbles. He isn't the supernatural force that Shaq was. No spectacular post-up moves. Nothing.

Richard.H

Lol at the Giannis hate here... dudes probably the most talented youngster in the NBA right now. He has no help, Middleton has been crap in the bubble. Their perimeter defense is arguably the worst in the playoffs. Defense wins championships, and it’s a collective effort. Giannis can only do so much.

Sailor Mars

Lol at the Giannis hate here... dudes probably the most talented youngster in the NBA right now. He has no help, Middleton has been crap in the bubble. Their perimeter defense is arguably the worst in the playoffs. Defense wins championships, and it?s a collective effort. Giannis can only do so much.

Giannis isn't nearly as skilled as you think he is. He is extremely athletic and physically gifted, but he has no post game, midrange, or much of a jump shot. His ball handling is good for his size, but nothing special.

He needs a really good #2 option like a beal, kyrie, booker, curry, dame etc. type player. Someone who can handle the ball and be a real perimeter threat.

Sailor Mars

Lakers lose game 1. Let?s be honest, outside Lebron and AD we are trash. This is why I think clippers will go through in the west even if we get through this series

Kawhi screwed the lakers by making them wait for him while a lot of decent free agents got plucked off the market. Danny Green should not be the 3rd best player on paper coming into the season for a title contender.

KingLeo10

Lol at the Giannis hate here... dudes probably the most talented youngster in the NBA right now. He has no help, Middleton has been crap in the bubble. Their perimeter defense is arguably the worst in the playoffs. Defense wins championships, and it’s a collective effort. Giannis can only do so much.

He's 0-7 in his last 7 playoff games with absolutely putrid 4th Q numbers.

"Most talented". :lol:

khaled_a_d

1-Love your signature :lol:
2-I agree there is a bit too much hate for him.
3-What do you mean by skilled?
I mean usually people assign skill to craftiness and creativity, some might put physical tools as a skill too. I respect both arguments.
If it is 2nd, then obviously he is very skilled.
If it is 1st? Nah. Between youngsters then Jokic and Luka both are more skilled and both are younger.

Hardy

well, he's the first one who's not playing a series worthy of his status, especially for a player who will be a back to back MVP in a couple of days (he got the DPOY also and better to not say who are the only players before him to won both awards :lol:) so of course people expect a lot from him. and he's playing against Miami leaded by a bunch of good role players and Jimmy Butler, not exactly a dream team. That's how works for every superstar, Kobe, Lebron, Harden, KD. remember Harden the shit he got when he lost to Warriors, Giannis can't be an exeption.

Richard.H

1-Love your signature :lol:
2-I agree there is a bit too much hate for him.
3-What do you mean by skilled?
I mean usually people assign skill to craftiness and creativity, some might put physical tools as a skill too. I respect both arguments.
If it is 2nd, then obviously he is very skilled.
If it is 1st? Nah. Between youngsters then Jokic and Luka both are more skilled and both are younger.
I mean skill as more so physical tools. After all this is basketball, and basketball is always more favorable to those who are very gifted athletically. This sport is not football.

Giannis is a physical beast, his ceiling is still much higher than what he’s showing now. However he is a bit young to be main man in a championship team (in nba terms). He needs support , one other star on the team and not this crappy Middleton. guy.

I agree luka and Jokic have more skills than him, but like I said, basketball is a sport that will ALWAYS favor physical abilities (unless you’re jordan or Kobe).

El Gato

Villarato!
Haven't seen a full playoff game since Spurs won the title, but from what I've seen of Giannis.. how different is he to Westbrook?

I've heard Jimmy Butler talk several times and dude seems smart AF so not surprised if they did manage to assemble a non-allstar team in Miami that puts superstars to rest. They'd probably lose to Lakers, but too early to tell if they'll even make it through.

Richard.H

Haven't seen a full playoff game since Spurs won the title, but from what I've seen of Giannis.. how different is he to Westbrook?

I've heard Jimmy Butler talk several times and dude seems smart AF so not surprised if they did manage to assemble a non-allstar team in Miami that puts superstars to rest. They'd probably lose to Lakers, but too early to tell if they'll even make it through.

Wait, what? He isn't comparable at all to Westbrook. The two play completely different positions. Giannis is overall a lot smarter player than Russell. Knows when to pass and knows when to shoot. Westbrook is a wildcard and you never know which version of him you'll get in a game (the one that constantly shoots and misses or the one that still shoots a lot but passed when needed). I agree, Butler is a very smart player and an absolute beast on defense. Great player, but can be a problem in the locker room when things don't go his way or if he's not the main alpha.

Side note: I can't believe how underrated Giannis is in this forum. Do you all just watch hot takes from Stephen A Smith and Skip and not the playoff games? :lol:

Richard.H

Giannis just reinjured his ankle in the first quarter of game 4, out of the game and will not be back. That's the Bucks season I assume. Will be very interesting to see which teams will try to poach Giannis in the off season. Seems crazy, but my money is on the Warriors.

Home of Barca Fans