Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
FC Barcelona has stopped their efforts to sign Juan Cuadrado.

According to multiple reports close to the situation, Barça has given up on the Colombia international. Team manager Luis Enrique and Dani Alves came to terms and the Brazilian is staying. With that decision, the Blaugrana will now stop the pursuit for Cuadrado.

The main reason is the price. His current club, Fiorentina, is asking €50 million to sell. Also, Cuadrado's salary demands is too big for a player of his status. Both the team and the player are trying to cash in after his performance at the World Cup. His price inflated, and few teams are willing to pay. Again, according to the rumor, Barcelona is not one of those candidates anymore.

Cuadrado will meet with Fiorentina's board to decide his future. He already trained with the squad, but the possibility of a departure still exists. With Barça's alleged withdrawal from the race, the door is open for Manchester United, who are rumored as the favorites to land the 26-year-old.

Barcelona will now fully turn their attention to a center-back for their last signing of the preseason. The favorites are Arsenal's Thomas Vermaelen and Liverpool's Daniel Agger. An official announcement of the new deal is expected to happen this week. If the rumors are accurate, Cuadrado is not the guy.

From BarcaBlaugranes. If true, praise the lord! :worthy:

sabby

So having a good defender is a luxury, but we have no problem in paying 170M euros in 2 years for Suarez and Neymar. And then people wonder why the galacticos weren't more succesfull.
At the same time it feels a little underwhelming to not sign a CB for 5 years and then bring in a 30 y.o. Mathieu and yet another player from Arsenal(cause the last ones we signed worked out so well for us), only this time it's not even a starter.

When have I ever said that !!! If you were regular in this forum, you would have remembered that I was among the few guys here who thought signing of Cesc, Song, Neymer and Suarez were unnecessary. Of course I'm not unhappy about Neymer or Suarez but I always maintained we should strengthen our defense first before attack. Don't get me wrong, I'd be in cloud 9 if we managed to sign Hummels but we gotta be realistic. And this attitude of buying only big players from big clubs is what ruining our club's legacy and the team's balance. Our main strategy was always to make players from Masia and get talents from smaller clubs.

Professor Chaos

I hope we will sign some RB. I can't belive Cuadrado prefers MU when he can be 1st squad player in Barcelona when we're playing in this year. Montoya&Patric against the world. It will be the worst Barca's right side we've ever seen in last 15 years.

Let MU sign Vermalen but than we must sign Cuadrado:please:

FR_Ramon

I hope we will sign some RB. I can't belive Cuadrado prefers MU when he can be 1st squad player in Barcelona when we're playing in this year. Montoya&Patric against the world. It will be the worst Barca's right side we've ever seen in last 15 years.

Let MU sign Vermalen but than we must sign Cuadrado:please:

Signing a RB =/= siging a RW who has played RB like two times. I could only imagine him as a RWB, but if the 3-5-2 is only an alternative, he's way too expansive. And I can't see that formation as our standard formation, as we don't have enough CB's. Plus, it's almost impossible to have Iniesta or Xavi in that formation. Anyway, in a 4-3-3, I wouldn't want cuadrado as our RB.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Don't know about you guys but I would love to see Godswill given a shot at some point. Only seen him in the UEFA youth league but he was incredible.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Man United have informed Arsenal they will top Barcelona's 12.5M bid for Thomas Vermaelen (28). United are ready to pay 19M. [daily mail]

19M for Vermaelen :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans