Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Because of Alves' idea to stay, Barcelona consider to close a deal on Fiorentina's Cuadrado that would be activated in 2015. [sport via tmw]

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Disagree here,Bartra is good CB but I don't think he deserves to be a starter at Barca at all,he lack both quickness and height needed while lacking strength too,he isn't a dominant defender either .he is overall a good one but for a team like us it takes more than being good tbh

I don't understand this. Why is Bartra considered slow and weak in the air? He put in a really good showing when Pique was injured.

L

linetty

I don't understand this. Why is Bartra considered slow and weak in the air? He put in a really good showing when Pique was injured.
Bartra lacks a bit of strength but definitely not quickness and height. He needs to bulk up a bit and new Puyol is ready.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Disagree here,Bartra is good CB but I don't think he deserves to be a starter at Barca at all,he lack both quickness and height needed while lacking strength too,he isn't a dominant defender either .he is overall a good one but for a team like us it takes more than being good tbh

What? Bartra is faster than pique. Height is decent. Puyol was shorter but still was a beast. Our defense is shit. It takes more than good for attack and mid. A good player will walk into our defense lineup. Bartra when called upon did awesome work. I could even say he was our best defender. If we have players like Thiago Silva benatia or hummels I would agree.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Bartra's main weakness is definitely lack of physicality and strength. He needs to fill up his body a bit because right now he is liable to get out-muscled and pushed around a bit as an everyday starting CB.

Everything else, he is adequate in the air despite his lack of impressive height and his speed is also adequate despite not being lightning quick by any stretch of the imagination. Strength is where he must improve.

Icarium

Lifestealer
You act like every defender is gonna stay injury free with no suspension or poor form the whole aeason, which is very unlikely. Barca lost Pique for nearly 2 month at the most important stage last season. If there was a better replacement for him maybe we could get better results. Thinking about IF signing another CB stop Bartra from getting enough playing time is small time thinking.

For competing in CL we definitely need another CB and that too a good one. That is not my problem, my fear is even if bartra is best of all 4 he might not start. Pique will not be benched. And the defender we are buying next might not also. Because you dont pay 40M to sit him on bench. It is just my fear, lucho might give him start based on performance. But the "marque" signing will have more chance than bartra imo. I like bartra and I think he can be a great CB if the coach puts enough confidence. I hope lucho starting lineup is performance based. If bartra performs badly I won't complain but if he puts awesome performances and still does not start I will be super pissed.

Galning

Bartra's main weakness is definitely lack of physicality and strength. He needs to fill up his body a bit because right now he is liable to get out-muscled and pushed around a bit as an everyday starting CB.

Looked fine againt Diego Costa & Benzema.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Looked fine againt Diego Costa & Benzema.

He needs to strengthen himself nonetheless. He did well as a rotational player, but if the argument here is he could be an everyday starter, that weakness will get exploited more consistently.

Chainsaw

Killahead
For competing in CL we definitely need another CB and that too a good one. That is not my problem, my fear is even if bartra is best of all 4 he might not start. Pique will not be benched. And the defender we are buying next might not also. Because you dont pay 40M to sit him on bench. It is just my fear, lucho might give him start based on performance. But the "marque" signing will have more chance than bartra imo. I like bartra and I think he can be a great CB if the coach puts enough confidence. I hope lucho starting lineup is performance based. If bartra performs badly I won't complain but if he puts awesome performances and still does not start I will be super pissed.

Your fear is for the sake of an individual, not for the team. Priorities should be defined here and mine is different than yours. And believe me, when we're half through the season and we find it tough to replace the injured, suspended or off-form players your priorities will change too.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Your fear is for the sake of an individual, not for the team. Priorities should be defined here and mine is different than yours. And believe me, when we're half through the season and we find it tough to replace the injured, suspended or off-form players your priorities will change too.

Nope. My fear is for the team too. Imagine this we buy Marcos for 45M and we start him every match even though he is committing silly mistakes meanwhile bartra playing awesome but not starting. That is my fear. I hope lucho does not do that. Tata insisted playing cesc that too out of position. I don't want that to happen again.

ebc_99

If Bartra is playing well enough to start then I think he will. Lucho wants to win every title and will not hamper that just to fit a big signing in.

Shegzy

and marquinhos is not different from Bartra maybe a little faster and that is it and almost everybody ant us to sign him.Bartra is as tall or even a little bit taller as strong as him also.For people talking about player starting due to performance and not name it will only happen in fantasy,if we signed marquinhos he will get the 5 and will start over Bartra unless he suffer a serious injury and Xavi will also start over rakitic and rafinha in big games whether he is in form or not,That is the reality and not some performance based selection u all are fantasizing about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans