Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar

It's okay, we spent 20M on an average 30 years old CB, we have money so what's the big deal ? Right now, we need a world class CB, maybe a RB and we're done.

Richard.H

Paying 20 mill for Mathieu basically screws over any chance of us signing an extra defender at a fair price. Now clubs know that they can dik around Barca at will for any price.

F

Flavia

Paying 20 mill for Mathieu basically screws over any chance of us signing an extra defender at a fair price. Now clubs know that they can dik around Barca at will for any price.

Now? That ship has sailed a long time ago.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Actually it puts in the situation of not being as desperate as we were before for a centerback. So less room to dik around for other clubs.

F

Flavia

Barcelona and Valencia did not close a deal on Mathieu after new talks today. Barcelona's bid is less than the 20M Valencia ask. [rac1 tv3]

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

You could also see it as Barca now no longer being as desperate for defensive help, giving them better leverage. In any case, the CB quest was effed up from the start. There was zero leverage right from the get go. This has not made it worse and perhaps has made it better.

Boris

Don't worry, I found the source of the crap.com statement.

Yup. Thanks

It's really a big problem, obviously Valencia realised that we're only after a few (actually only one possible -.-) targets, and they set a high price, and what a good move it was... Even 15 would've been too much for Mathieu.
Anyway, he should add what we lacked last season - strength, height and a bit of heroics. Maybe he can even shake Pique's starting spot :) I just hope he stays injury free.

Juan Shoe

If it is true that Hummels and Benatia are both off the market, then Mathieu and a younger CB with the potential to be World Class maybe the best option. I really can't think of too many other top class centre backs so a solid old pro and youngster might be the way to go.

F

Flavia

10552643_10152342983367535_34738940342258749_n.jpg

"Cuadrado: yes or yes. Starting point: 35m plus bonuses
Barça want him even if Alves stays."

:shrug:

Zavix

10552643_10152342983367535_34738940342258749_n.jpg

"Cuadrado: yes or yes. Starting point: 35m plus bonuses
Barça want him even if Alves stays."

:shrug:

I really hope Lucho knows what he's doing with these transfers. We, as fans can only dream for the kind of team we want for next season but it's the board's job to get the right players in, Ter Stegen, Bravo and Rakitic are the only signings i'm completely satisfied with to be honest, Suarez wasn't desperately needed and don't even get me started on Mathieu.

blaugrana1987

I really hope Lucho knows what he's doing with these transfers. We, as fans can only dream for the kind of team we want for next season but it's the board's job to get the right players in, Ter Stegen, Bravo and Rakitic are the only signings i'm completely satisfied with to be honest, Suarez wasn't desperately needed and don't even get me started on Mathieu.
I thought Lucho so far has done great job. MATS, Rakitić, Rafinha and Delo are great additions and honestly Suarez is even better. I just know Messi will have record high assist year because there won't be Alexis to fuck up balls served on silver plate.

He also got rid of Cesc, while getting player that is better then him, as well as better hardworker. This reminds me of time when Pep came...He had a vision clear from the start, I somehow know this will work out.

We need 2 CBs pronto. Cuardado would be great addition but its a luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans