Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

Benatia has had one really good season and hummels/Ts have been having that for very long but at the moment there is not a very large difference between benatia and both of them.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Benatia ATM is heads and shoulders above Hummels and TS. Whats funny to me is a lot of you here said David Luiz was crap. . . Funny how he is currently the best CB arguably at the WC.

MUAHAHAHAHA. Comic relief! Thank you sir, too much nonsense in this thread, we need some laughs to balance it out.

fcbdna

Banned
MUAHAHAHAHA. Comedic relief! Thank you sir, too much nonsense in this thread, we need some laughs to balance it out.

You know . . . Its lunacy when you pretend to laugh, and even have to spell it out. BTW, I believe I have a right to my opinions.

Alarcón

Benatia is shielded by a great system with full backs and midfielders doing a lot of defensive work. Do you really think it's a coincidence that both him and Castan went from being decent defenders to looking like world beaters in a few months' time, at age 27? Come on. Benatia is a great defender but at Roma even Chygrynskiy would look good.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Never got this obsession with speed...

Hummels is a much better passer and is also stronger positionally and is not a turtle either. He has shown his class at the very highest level which Benatia has not yet, but I believe he will soon, but saying that he is better than Hummels is going overboard. Thiago Silva is getting older, but he is still class.

Hummels and Silva are better than Benatia. No doubt about that in my mind.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You know . . . Its lunacy when you pretend to laugh, and even have to spell it out. BTW, I believe I have a right to my opinions.

I didn't pretend to laugh, I actually laughed out loud. Your opinions are certainly rightful and you have no qualms in posting them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Benatia is shielded by a great system with full backs and midfielders doing a lot of defensive work. Do you really think it's a coincidence that both him and Castan went from being decent defenders to looking like world beaters in a few months' time? Come on. Benatia is a great defender but at Roma even Chygrynskiy would look good.

Erm..... nope.

Benatia was great at Udinese as well without the extra defensive shield you're talking about which is also hyped up too much, Roma didnt play very compact all the time like you're making it out to be and that last line made your post go second just behind fcbdna in LOLworthy posts lately.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Hummels is a much better passer and is also stronger positionally and is not a turtle either. He has shown his class at the very highest level which Benatia has not yet, but I believe he will soon, but saying that he is better than Hummels is going overboard. Thiago Silva is getting older, but he is still class.

People who don't rate Hummels are the same that think Cristiano is a better football player than Messi. They are too caught up with physical gifts and athleticism. You don't need blinding speed when you have rock solid defensive fundamentals and impeccable positioning.

fcbdna

Banned
Benatia is shielded by a great system with full backs and midfielders doing a lot of defensive work. Do you really think it's a coincidence that both him and Castan went from being decent defenders to looking like world beaters in a few months' time, at age 27? Come on. Benatia is a great defender but at Roma even Chygrynskiy would look good.

More reason he'd be great here. Our possession based football is one of our strongest defensive assets. Reason why pique doesn't look as bad as he actually is. based on what you have said, it wouldn't matter who we get we will still get exposed. I agree Hummels would be a solid buy. But, I just think having two slow defenders would be a disaster.

Neymessi

The obsession with speed is because barca plays a very high line.Perhaps it has been quite some time since it happened but barca used to operate entirely in the opposition half with VV outside the penalty area and even the Cb's in the opposition half.We lose the ball in this situation and we will need a speedy CB to cover the ground...Unlike bartra..
Just think what a disaster mertesecker will be in this system

Richard.H

Just buy back Botia and call it a day. Better yet, find some speedy, technically gifted CB from South American Leagues and call it a day.

Kohe321

Hummels has been immense for Germany in the WC in the matches he's played. Can't say I can think of any CB that I'd rather have right now.

coura

Banned
A prediction: Tello is gonna be loaned.
Bojan,Cuenca,Afellay,Dos Santos also loaned or go out for free. Song is too hard to predict. eheh
DAT business.

Alarcón

Erm..... nope.

Benatia was great at Udinese as well without the extra defensive shield you're talking about which is also hyped up too much, Roma didnt play very compact all the time like you're making it out to be and that last line made your post go second just behind fcbdna in LOLworthy posts lately.

Yeah sure "great at Udinese" like all of you watched him play there week in week out. If he was so great there then why did he leave for 13m and not for a lot more?

As opposed to your mockery I presented real arguments as to why Benatia is not as good as everyone here thinks. Castán is 28 and was considered an average defender before this season, even when he was at Roma under a different coach, and now he looks world class. Coincidence? I think not.

But believe what you like. If you don't see it, you don't see it, I can't do anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans