Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceefoo

No signing we make this summer should be older than 26 unless we can get a bosman deal or one-year left on contract deal for an older than 26 player. 22-26 year olds should be our target range.
It's excessive to say we shouldn't sign any over 26 unless they are freebies. Only in exceptional circumstances will you find a player in his prime on a Bosman, and anyone other than that wouldn't make the grade anyway.

The quality is out there with good scouting, but remarkably we don't have this.

I don't have a problem with us building a squad of predominantly La Masia graduates, young prospects, and the occasional "Marquee" signing. In fact I'd prefer that. I am first and foremost a fan of FC Barcelona NOT Star Players.

icemanbrfc

Ill stress again, and i know he want's to stay at Dortmund, but i think for less we can get Hummels. We are again looking desperate in trying to sign players, and just handing over money

icemanbrfc

So what you're suggesting is we should only focus on defenders until we have 2 and then try to sign a midfielder and a striker on the last day of the transfer window? :)

Um cant see where i mentioned, that we should sign a midfielder a striker on the last day of the transfer window.. Basically just indicating, that we need to prioritise a bit better, and sign 2 defenders 1st. After that, then we can focus on areas that are needed, but less vital.

Alarcón

We dont need to buy a midfielder or a striker.

I'm sorry but our midfield is the weakest link right now, it's all over the place in countless games and we often can't keep possession of the ball when we play teams with high pressing as has been showcased many times against Atlético this season; in addition to that, our midfield lacks creativity, especially when Xavi plays. Xavi will be 35 next season and is clearly past it, Fàbregas still doesn't suit the system and probably never will. If we don't sign a world class midfielder to replace Xavi this summer we can kiss the CL good bye once again.

Um cant see where i mentioned, that we should sign a midfielder a striker on the last day of the transfer window.. Basically just indicating, that we need to prioritise a bit better, and sign 2 defenders 1st. After that, then we can focus on areas that are needed, but less vital.

Professional clubs prepare several transfers at a time, I don't think it's too much to ask for if Zubi has to handle more than 1-2 transfers at once, it's basically his only job right now. If we wait on the CB signings being definitive to try to sign any other players, most of these players will have already moved to another club, or signed a new contract, or already started the pre-season and don't want to leave their club anymore.

Besides, I can't understand how people who actually watch Barça matches can say that signing a midfielder is not vital. We created 10 chances tops against Atléti this season, in 6 games. And it has happened in many games this year.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona are willing to pay 30-35M for Roma centre back Mehdi Benatia (27), who would be offered a 5-year contract. [gazzetta]

L

Learo

So what you're suggesting is we should only focus on defenders until we have 2 and then try to sign a midfielder and a striker on the last day of the transfer window? :)

We can sign Dede and Laporte for 50m by the end of the month, and then after that concentrate on getting CM and a striker. Hopefully Cavani (or LLorente if we can get a good price) as striker.

I

instinct

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 36 Sek.
Mundo Deportivo reveals André Cury arranged everything for David Luiz to join Barcelona and Zubizarreta blocked the move.

L

Learo

It's excessive to say we shouldn't sign any over 26 unless they are freebies. Only in exceptional circumstances will you find a player in his prime on a Bosman, and anyone other than that wouldn't make the grade anyway.

The quality is out there with good scouting, but remarkably we don't have this.

I don't have a problem with us building a squad of predominantly La Masia graduates, young prospects, and the occasional "Marquee" signing. In fact I'd prefer that. I am first and foremost a fan of FC Barcelona NOT Star Players.

Thats what Real Madrid used to do for many years. One star "Marquee signing" every year and the rest from the youth system. I dont think it is a good idea. We need to buy smart. There are always players available on bosman and with a year left on their contract. We even bought Ter Stegen (if we believe the rumours) who had a year left on his contract. Buying 29 year olds for the same price as 24 year olds has proven to be a huge money drain for us, costing us 100s of millions of euros and getting pocket change in return when we off-load them. Its time to buy players with sell-on value and players we can mould into our system. Old dogs have a hard time learning new tricks and we are unable to off-load them when they fail.

L

Learo

Does anyone regularly watch Toulouse/Aurier? He looks exciting on YouTube but we all know how reliable that is

We should buy a taller alternative to Montoya if we are not prepared to play Bartra as RB. Everyone we buy should be good in the air.

icemanbrfc

I'm sorry but our midfield is the weakest link right now, it's all over the place in countless games and we often can't keep possession of the ball when we play teams with high pressing as has been showcased many times against Atlético this season; in addition to that, our midfield lacks creativity, especially when Xavi plays. Xavi will be 35 next season and is clearly past it, Fàbregas still doesn't suit the system and probably never will. If we don't sign a world class midfielder to replace Xavi this summer we can kiss the CL good bye once again.

Professional clubs prepare several transfers at a time, I don't think it's too much to ask for if Zubi has to handle more than 1-2 transfers at once, it's basically his only job right now. If we wait on the CB signings being definitive to try to sign any other players, most of these players will have already moved to another club, or signed a new contract, or already started the pre-season and don't want to leave their club anymore.

Besides, I can't understand how people who actually watch Barça matches can say that signing a midfielder is not vital. We created 10 chances tops against Atléti this season, in 6 games. And it has happened in many games this year.

Think you missing the point, but lets look at it from a point of view, where alot of our short comings have been in defence. The midfield area is still packed with quality, and for whatever reasons it didnt look strong this season. For sure, Zubi should be able to tie up a few players at once, but its no secret that our defence is one that has struggled. If our priority lies anywhere else besides defence, then we will be in the same situation we are now irrespective of who the manager is.

The pressure on our attackers and struggles, are due to them having to fall back to try and get back to help out in defence.. As i said a while back, if Messi and the rest have less to worry about as to what is happening at the back, then they will be free to play the way they know how.

Robin

I don't mean a Marquee every season. Maybe one every 3 seasons.

But I agree, we shouldn't be spending extortionate amounts on a player with maybe 3 seasons left at elite level.

Why not? Henry did wonderful for us. Three years is a long time in football, Deco stayed with us for only 4 seasons. Ronaldinho and Eto'o only 5.

L

linetty

Official: The contract of Barcelona goalkeeper Jose Manuel Pinto (38) won't be renewed, he has been informed this morning #fcblive

Official: Barcelona players Deulofeu (20) and Rafinha (21), on loan at Celta and Everton this season, return to the club this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans