Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cro-man

I have no idea where you got the "until martino leaves" part. This is the price of years of zubi's incompetence. They'll try to sign someone on the next window, but Martino cannot take any of the blame for zubi's mess.

Martino could have signed one defender he doesnt have to buy the best defender in the world like silva there are many other defenders who are much better than ours and they are not that expensive . I understand that our shit board doesnt want pay much money to a defender but at least buy on or two defenders who sont cost much. It wont kill us to buy someone who isnt that famous and dont cost the world.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Martino could have signed one defender he doesnt have to buy the best defender in the world like silva there are many other defenders who are much better than ours and they are not that expensive . I understand that our shit board doesnt want pay much money to a defender but at least buy on or two defenders who doesnt cost much. It wont kill us to buy someone who isnt that famous and dont cost the world.

Which defenders? Even Agger would be overpriced. That's what happens when everyone knows you're in need of a player. Bringing anyone wouldn't solve the problem. This is not Martino's fault, he just got there. It's Zubi's.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's unlikely but Barcelona don't rule out signing a forward this summer and keep an eye on the market. A centre back won't be signed. [ser]

How many goals do we have to concede this season to oust the inept Rosell and Zubi?

:angry:

cro-man

Silva agger etc all of them are overrated in my opinion there certainly defenders in small clubs who are good enough for us but we are only looking for these players who are not available or cost too much. Bayern paid for dante how much 5 mil?? Buy some defender from bundesliga maybe we will find someone who is good enough and I am sure that its not hard to find someone who is better than pique and mascherano...

Faceless

No more faces at night
Silva agger etc all of them are overrated in my opinion there certainly defenders in small clubs who are good enough for us but we are only looking for these players who are not available or cost too much. Bayern paid for dante how much 5 mil?? Buy some defender from bundesliga maybe we will find someone who is good enough and I am sure that its not hard to find someone who is better than pique and mascherano...

Höwedes. Papadopoulos is untouched too! Sign him up!

mazp

How many goals do we have to concede this season to oust the inept Rosell and Zubi?

:angry:

And yet we still won la liga.... Give the players some credit. And as for the Champions League, we could have the best defense in the world and still isn't a guarantee we will win it. A disallowed goal or a penalty that wasn't, could send you home. It's a crapshoot every season. You need tons of luck.

Meitux

And yet we still won la liga.... Give the players some credit. And as for the Champions League, we could have the best defense in the world and still isn't a guarantee we will win it. A disallowed goal or a penalty that wasn't, could send you home. It's a crapshoot every season. You need tons of luck.
Credit attack you mean and the whole credit actually to Messi, we conceded in almost every La Liga game but the goals shadowed our defence, this won't happen in a big game. Right now we are depending only to our attack, when we score only one goal we are always in danger of concinding and that almost happened with Malaga cause when you don't have a secure defence and can't make the scoreline big to secure the game nothing is safe. So winning La Liga didn't have to do anything with our defence..

mazp

Credit attack you mean and the whole credit actually to Messi, we conceded in almost every La Liga game but the goals shadowed our defence, this won't happen in a big game. Right now we are depending only to our attack, when we score only one goal we are always in danger of concinding and that almost happened with Malaga cause when you don't have a secure defence and can't make the scoreline big to secure the game nothing is safe. So winning La Liga didn't have to do anything with our defence..

That's not fair to the other players just to single out Messi. Yes, he's the main scorer and focal point in attack, but their were others who helped in scoring. Cesc's 11 goals and Pedro's 7 Alexi's 8 all had a hand in winning la liga last season.

About the Malaga game if we were a bit more clinical, if wouldn't have come down to the wire. The score line flattered Malaga. IMO. Plus we were able to keep the pressing going pretty much the whole game. If we can do that in every game we wouldn't have to worry about the defense.

oz187

Our possession game is our defense. Masch and the DM making early interceptions is a key part of our possession game and thus a key part of our defense.

ShandyFFM

Only one transfer again. Im so disappointed we need some neu blood to keep up the competition so our players can develop better but no in recent year we only sign one or two players no enough for me.

Alejandro

Transfer Talk - New Striker

There was an interesting article in Sport today about the possibility of Barca signing a new striker. The names mentioned were Torres, Eto'o, Mata and Fred. Since this is the first season in a long time we don't have a classic '9', I thought it made a very fair point. Anzhi seems to be more than willing to sell Eto'o, same might be said about Chelsea with Mata and possibly Torres (although Mata is not a pure striker). Time is an impediment since the transfer deadline is on 2nd September.

What do you think? Should Barca pursue Eto'o or any of the players mentioned?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Martino could have signed one defender he doesnt have to buy the best defender in the world like silva there are many other defenders who are much better than ours and they are not that expensive . I understand that our shit board doesnt want pay much money to a defender but at least buy on or two defenders who sont cost much. It wont kill us to buy someone who isnt that famous and dont cost the world.

People always think the grass is greener on the other side. "Martino could have signed one defender he doesnt have to buy the best defender in the world like silva there are many other defenders who are much better than ours and they are not that expensive" like who, please do tell. Even Agger is not that much of an improvement over Pique and he'll cost you over 35M euros.

People think just because you sign a CB Barca are going to magically stop allowing goals, just like that. That type of simplistic view is very annoying.

Solid CBs are needed, no doubt, however even if you bring Thiago Silva and David Luiz right this very second, guess what, Barca will still get caught on counters and Barca will still allow goals.

Barca have taken the first step to solidifying the defense, and that was to return the high pressing. You've already seen a much more solid defending performances on the first 3 official games without actually upgrading any spot.

If you really want to substantially upgrade the defensive side, I put it to you that upgrading both wingbacks would yield significantly better defensive results than upgrading both CBs.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
People always think the grass is greener on the other side. "Martino could have signed one defender he doesnt have to buy the best defender in the world like silva there are many other defenders who are much better than ours and they are not that expensive" like who, please do tell. Even Agger is not that much of an improvement over Pique and he'll cost you over 35M euros.

People think just because you sign a CB Barca are going to magically stop allowing goals, just like that. That type of simplistic view is very annoying.

Solid CBs are needed, no doubt, however even if you bring Thiago Silva and David Luiz right this very second, guess what, Barca will still get caught on counters and Barca will still allow goals.

Barca have taken the first step to solidifying the defense, and that was to return the high pressing. You've already seen a much more solid defending performances on the first 3 official games without actually upgrading any spot.

If you really want to substantially upgrade the defensive side, I put it to you that upgrading both wingbacks would yield significantly better defensive results than upgrading both CBs.

finally someone making some sense, I agree with all your points except upgrading both fullbacks, the fullbacks are very crucial to our attack cause they give us the width, if we could find someone like Abi then yeah upgrading would make sense

neo_wolf

We need a Central defender, as much as i like Masch he does make some costly mistakes, we need someone solid at the back to help with Pique when it comes to set pieces, also, someone who also has some good pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans