Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavinho

That is like saying If Gumbau improved big time he should be promoted .
If anyone does well enough with B team he should be with get his chance with 1st team regardless his previous situation. it is totally random to mention Borja tbh

I mentioned Borja because he was once a highly rated youth prospect (which Gumbau has never been) and I'm pretty sure I even remember us being linked with him before Monaco swooped for him. I just suggested if he gets his career back on track with the B team then he could be an option as our 5th choice CB.

I don't see a place for him in our team right now, that's why I said we don't need him. Still I really like his playing style and potential. If he develops as I think he will he could be long term Iniesta replacement in 2 or 3 years.

Sure, I totally agree about his playing style. It's hard not to like. It's just that even in 2 or 3 years, if you want him as a CM we'll still have Rakitic, Roberto, Rafinha, and Arda, and possibly, if we're lucky Alena or Kaptoum.

Messi983

I don't trust loans. I also think playing Segunda or Segunda B makes little difference in terms of developing talent. Xavi, Busi and co. all also played in 3rd division (or lower) before promoted. If you are talented enough it really makes no difference.

I think it's crucial for 19 or 20 yo players to play regularly on high level. Sure, they can learn something from training with Barça's first team but you can only get experience with playing. You mentioned players who did make it, but there were also players like Montoya who didn't because they were sitting for years behind WC player like Alves. Sure, maybe he doesn't have enough quality but what if he was send on loan 3 or 4 years ago and get back better? Maybe he'd develop to be a very good backup for Alves or even his successor and we wouldn't need to buy Vidal (or at least Lord Douglas :lol:).

What I think is important is to choose the right club/coach to which we send our youngsters. You can't say that Deulofeu (in his first year at Everton) or both Halilović and Denis Suarez didn't improve during their loan spell. On the other hand I agree that both Denis and especially Deulofeu didn't get much out of their loan to Sevilla last season. Clubs like Sporting Gijon (if they stay in La Liga) with Abelardo as our former player and Lucho's close friend and Villarreal (they play good attacking football and are also in contention for European places) are always good destination and I wouldn't be against sending our young players to either of them. Rayo (if Paco Jemez stays) is another good club, especially for offensive minded players.

Also ,I might suspect we are more interested in someone a bit younger

Musacchio is only 26 and has at least 4 or 5 good years left. What I'm affraid with him are injury problems over the last two seasons. Can we count for him to stay healthy or will he be out for 3, 4 months every season? I don't know but if we can get him for around 10-15M€ (Bayern reportedly offered 9M€), I'd seriously consider him.

Sure, I totally agree about his playing style. It's hard not to like. It's just that even in 2 or 3 years, if you want him as a CM we'll still have Rakitic, Roberto, Rafinha, and Arda, and possibly, if we're lucky Alena or Kaptoum.

Rakitić and Arda will both be over 30 then and it's possible one or maybe both of them won't be here anymore. And you can't say no to a talented, yet a bit more experienced player from outside just because we hope our kids will make it. Sure, if Kaptoum and/or Alena will be good enough to be part of the first team by 2018/19 (or maybe before) then great, but we can't wait for them forever.

I could be wrong but I think Oli will develop into a top 5 CM in the world over the next few years if given proper playing time. It would be probably the best for him to leave Atletico for that to happen. BVB was interested in last transfer window but at the end Atleti didn't sell him. I think they'll come back for him in the summer though. And this could be good for us as well as there are more possibilites that BVB will sell him to us in the future than Atleti.

xXKonan

Speaking of CB's remember when we were linked to Balanta?

Was considered a very great Prospect at the time when Tata was here but nothing ever materialized after Martino left. well going by Rafael Hernandez (Yeah not totally Reliable) we are making Laporte our main Priority this summer.

Ritchie

Honestly I would like it if we get more players of that category ,but I am not against the other approaches .you usually need a mix of approaches in the market .from expensive superstars(Suarez&Neymar) ,propspects(Alen&D.Suarez) .bargains(Raktic) & young players (Alba)

Yes, you need the variety. Now Barca aren't in the best of financial shape to go round and spend fortunes in the market without selling first so we can't afford to spend crazy money on Pogba, Veratti, Koke, Laporte, Stones, Martial or Dybala. What we need to do is buy top young talents before they cost 60 million euros. It's no good waiting for Juve, Arsenal or PSG to buy them instead and then decide we want them when they're ripping up the Prem or Serie A.

Portugal seems a good market at the moment for young Portuguese talent.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We only signed Alen because he practically begged to come. Nothing to do with Barca scouts who are pure garbage anyway.

Jombi

We need to buy young players like Mustafi, Umtiti and maybe Jorge from Flamengo (as LB backup) when we only have 60m in the transfer kitty. Man U is giving Mourinho more than 400m for the transfer kitty according to reports.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We only signed Alen because he practically begged to come. Nothing to do with Barca scouts who are pure garbage anyway.

There are literally thousands of players who would beg Barca to sign them .It has everything to do with Barca scouts and management to decide which players to sign

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Alen was hyped to be the next big thing, the scouts (or Zubi) thought he was decent and the club signed him. He shows so much promise, I'd say he was a great signing.

khaled_a_d

Not of Alen's talent.

Which alone is enough to give the club credit for it .the club is offered many players and scout most of them .
If we re gonna criticize the club for not signng other talented players like Dybala then they should take credit when they sign Alen & D.Suarez

Jombi

Which alone is enough to give the club credit for it .the club is offered many players and scout most of them .
If we re gonna criticize the club for not signng other talented players like Dybala then they should take credit when they sign Alen & D.Suarez

But Alen was just a kid. 17 years old I believe. A typical Barca B signing. And we dont even know if he will ever be a starter for us. He's not even a starter for Sporting Gijon. Dybala was one of the top scorers in Serie A before Juve signed him. Dybala-type signings from clubs like Palermo have been very few and far between for Barca.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

But Alen was just a kid. 17 years old I believe. A typical Barca B signing. And we dont even know if he will ever be a starter for us. He's not even a starter for Sporting Gijon. Dybala was one of the top scorers in Serie A before Juve signed him. Dybala-type signings from clubs like Palermo have been very few and far between for Barca.

You are a couple of pages late my friend .we have talked about that
Edit:and Alen most of the season has been starter and star player for Sporting ,only last 3-4 games he was benched

Messi983

Portugal seems a good market at the moment for young Portuguese talent.

Most of them are Jorge Mendes players and I don't want him in our club.

We need to buy young players like Mustafi, Umtiti and maybe Jorge from Flamengo (as LB backup) when we only have 60m in the transfer kitty. Man U is giving Mourinho more than 400m for the transfer kitty according to reports.

I doubt this. Maybe 200M, but not 400M. And even in case this is true I don't see Mourinho (I'm still wondering if he will really go to Man U if they fail to qualify for next year CL) targeting same (type of) players that we will. Pep and City are more dangerous in that aspect.

Alen was hyped to be the next big thing, the scouts (or Zubi) thought he was decent and the club signed him. He shows so much promise, I'd say he was a great signing.

I agree he was a great signing (Denis Suarez as well) based on his potential but now is only up to him to continue working hard and develop to a good, potentially great Barça quality player. If he does, we'll be very happy, if not, it won't be Barça's fault for not trying. But I'm confident at least one of Denis and Alen will have a long and successful career here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans