Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I've done some digging, and it seems that Cuadrado only became a fulltime winger when he moved to Fiorentina in 2012. Before that he was regularly played as a wingback at Udinese. Feel a bit better about this deal now.

There is a reason why he only came to the scene onced moved further forward. That's when he started to perform quite well. I think Cuadrado is a good winger. Quite good, but I don't think he would be needed at Barcelona as a winger or a Wing-Back, BUT.... If Luis Enrique want him, then do your best to get him and Cuadrado might surprise many and do really well as a Wing-Back, BUT.... don't expect him to do better than Dani Alves while defending at the start of his potential Barcelona career.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There is a reason why he only came to the scene onced moved further forward. That's when he started to perform quite well.

True. I'd still want Piszczek over Cuadrado. The fact that Mr. Box used to be a wingback, is just a consolation.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Talks with 24 year old Sao Paulo right back Douglas are advanced who's close to joining. Flamengo right back Léo (22) is 'plan B' [sport]

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think it's because Pedro sucks somewhat. Quad can play all wings.

Looks like you're right. Cuadrado might be here to be our utility man in the attack, covering all of the wings when we want depth in a game. We were linked to Piszczek and now we're linked with two young Brazilian rightbacks. Cuadrado might not be coming to play as rightback.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Well, If we are going to trust some almost unknown names then I am all in. And when they are brazilians, that's better. I would buy the 22 year old instead, has more time to settle.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well, If we are going to trust some almost unknown names then I am all in. And when they are brazilians, that's better. I would buy the 22 year old instead, has more time to settle.

22 year old is taller. I know nothing about the two of the players though, so if Douglas is the better of the two, I'd rather get him and vice versa.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If Alves doesn't leave, Barcelona won't sign any other player for right back position. Club prefers exit, but staying no major problem [ara]

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Neymartinez

It just says there was a deal for Cuadrado before the WC,but since he was in amazing form,they're asking for more money.Also,Barca is Cuadrado's choice. But not that much of a trustable source,so...

Professor Chaos

About SPORT.
Talks on the transfer of Sao Paulo right back Douglas (24) are well-advanced. Flamengo right back Leo (22) is the alternative. [sport]
:lol:

Another day, another bullshit from SPORT.

I don't even know who are those guys. :zubi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans