Barca Transfers and Rumors

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Hopefully it's a pump and dump job like with Kessie.

Don't wanna be watching these high pace, mediocre technique, average decision making, precision lacking attackers any more after we got rid of the King of them to PSG. :dembele:

khaled_a_d

That Estevao Willian fella is simping hard for the club :lol:

He is doing the Roque thing, taking out competition and tryingto force his club to negotiatewith us.
He looks like the real deal, and honestly I prefer him even over Lamine but he obviously is way behing in proving his worth.
But that speed and close control, along the aggressive finishes and shot. Massive potential

Edit: apparently that goal was from Brazil U-17 final. They beat Sau Paolo 3-0 and he scored a hattrick, with 2 goals with his weaker foot (right one)

Last edited:

Messi983

According to Italian media we are interested in Tiago Djalo on a free transfer next summer when his contract at Lille expires.

He's been out since March with an ACL tear so there is certain risk there but should be back soon and then we could see what level he'll play at when he returns.

Inter apparently had a verbal agreement with him but injury could change their mind. Juve is reportedly also interested.

Depending on how this season goes we could try to cash on Christensen and replace him with another free agent. He can apparently also play as LB and RB so signing another versatile defender wouldn't be a bad idea.

Judoman

Depending on how this season goes we could try to cash on Christensen and replace him with another free agent.
I would rather sell Kunde than Christensen if i had to. Our CB situation is great for the first time since...Puyol times? Let's not poke holes in to that.

Co0ter

I would rather sell Kunde than Christensen if i had to. Our CB situation is great for the first time since...Puyol times? Let's not poke holes in to that.
I would also rather keep Christensen. Kounde has not been reliable at all. He needs to drastically improve or we should sell him this summer while there is still hope to get back at least half of his fee.

Messi983

Kounde was our best CB this season before injury imo. Also younger, more versatile and from a financial standpoint make more sense selling Christensen as well.

But as said, let's see how this season will go before making decisions next summer. We don't need to sell either of them but if needed to improve other positions then selling from a "position of strength" makes sense. Especially if we can get a quality cheap replacement like Djalo. Or maybe give a chance to one of the youngsters like Cubarsi or Faye (definitely shouldn't rush them though).

JamDav1982

Kounde was better than last season but not as good as made out.

Barca were still conceding a lot of goals and he was having brain farts near enough every game.

Last two games he played he should have been sent off v Porto and then was horrific trying to defend 1v1 v Granada on their second goal.

Has the defence looked worse since he has been out?

One of the issues with Kounde/Araujo is neither are brilliant on the ball or as good as likes of Christensen. Then one of them have to play at left CB where their ability on ball drops again..and it has to be Kounde as he has almost always played right CB.

Those as pair would not be near the other top teams in Europe in playing out from back.

Unless they both improve a lot then Barca will have issues playing out from back with those as a pair and then Balde etc at LB who is decent but not amazing at build up currently either.

Porque

Christensen will probably be the one sold as will positively influence FFP. I don't know what kind of fee but probably lower than last year's projected 50m if he loses his starting spot to Inigo.

Wouldn't put it past Kounde though, to be a bit pants after his injury return. But he is Xavi's bet so he will get every chance to perform, even if he is a worse option that Araujo imo.

JamDav1982

Christensen will probably be the one sold as will positively influence FFP. I don't know what kind of fee but probably lower than last year's projected 50m if he loses his starting spot to Inigo.

Wouldn't put it past Kounde though, to be a bit pants after his injury return. But he is Xavi's bet so he will get every chance to perform, even if he is a worse option that Araujo imo.

Depends on what would get for Kounde.

If can get more for Kounde than Christensen than the FFP difference is not all that much when not paying Koundes fee on the books anynmore.

Particularly when the league look at multiple seasons of FFP when allow club to spend.

Judoman

If there is a need to sell people next summer, it should be Lewa, not one of the CBs. Next in line should be Fati or Torres.
I ve read somewhere that FFP will loosen up, so we should have less problems hopefully.

Porque

Well Christensen is on 9 and Kounde is on 13.5, so a good sale of Christensen will be more beneficial.

Kounde is likely just to cover his amortization. That's not going into who would buy him. Chelsea likely wouldn't be back in for him given there abundance of CBs.

To be honest, if Xavi is not going to build on the Christ-Araujo partnership, which has been our best partnership in ages, then might as well sell Christensen while he still has high value.

I get we had injuries so alot can change over the season though.

But no point having Inigo, Araujo, Kounde and Christensen on high wages while Oriol starts as DMC as you said. Realistically if we can sell one of those that impacts FFP the most beneficially to raise Zubi money, may be the play if it's a possibility.

JamDav1982

Well Christensen is on 9 and Kounde is on 13.5, so a good sale of Christensen will be more beneficial.

Kounde is likely just to cover his amortization. That's not going into who would buy him. Chelsea likely wouldn't be back in for him given there abundance of CBs.

To be honest, if Xavi is not going to build on the Christ-Araujo partnership, which has been our best partnership in ages, then might as well sell Christensen while he still has high value.

I get we had injuries so alot can change over the season though.

Kounde would more than cover amortisation.

If he was sold for 60m this summer after season complete on books he would be sold at 24m profit and his amortised cost of around 12m would be gone also for that season and the next.

Add his salary on top of that if 13m and Barca it is around 60m improvement on books over next two seasons.

Sell Christensen for 40m and it is about the same cost on books saved.

Not much difference at all in those scenarios.

If Christensen is sold they would also renew Kounde most likely to free up some more space by a few million.

Home of Barca Fans