Barca Transfers and Rumors

PhilS

After all the personnel changes, including those to be completed today, the team has successfully filled a gapping hole, and has added quality depth at most positions.

The best depth is among the midfielders. De Jong, Pedri, Gund, Romeu, Gavi, all should be in the first 11. Gavi solves some of this overstaffing by starting at left forward. De Jong could still move to CB, he must play. The kid Fermin will have to get playing time .

This season, there will be a real LB. Lots of depth at CB, Garcia can hope to leave today.

Two starters at right forward. The new Torres will have to get regular playing time. Able can hope to leave
today .

Porque

Yes to Cancelo, no to Felix for me. Felix can't play a clear position, he's one of those hybrid players that are becoming increasibly difficult to adjust to if you don't have a very fluid and amazing team.

Bring Cancelo and that's it. Go with what we have. Getting Lewandowski to play like a good player again is more important than signing someone like Joao Felix.

I have warmed to Felix on loan. He may suit that Gavi offensive midfielder spot as an experiment.

Without Ansu and potentially Abde, that left attacking spot is lacking offensive output. Not unless Fermin proves to be a consistent top level player.

And that's not to forget that Raphinha's rotation/backup is a 16 year old whose form is not going to be consistent, plus we will have to see how he performs when defenders give him no space or respect.

All in all, offensive players are light, no big talents in the B in case of injury crisis (not including Lamine/Fermin as they already with first team), so it is better to have some depth.

Andresito

Staff member
Today will be hectic I'm sure. Abde, Cancelo, Felix, Garcia are probably the ones that will talked about most today.

JamDav1982

After all the personnel changes, including those to be completed today, the team has successfully filled a gapping hole, and has added quality depth at most positions.

The best depth is among the midfielders. De Jong, Pedri, Gund, Romeu, Gavi, all should be in the first 11. Gavi solves some of this overstaffing by starting at left forward. De Jong could still move to CB, he must play. The kid Fermin will have to get playing time .

This season, there will be a real LB. Lots of depth at CB, Garcia can hope to leave today.

Two starters at right forward. The new Torres will have to get regular playing time. Able can hope to leave
today .

Romeu shouldnt be in Barcas first 11.

He is fucking limited and slow.

serghei

today .

RW looks nice with Raphinha and Lamal. Different profile, different physicality, different ages, quite interesting mix.

ST looks ok for now with Lewa (should get better I reckon) and apparently an improved Ferran. Can become very good if Roque is the real deal as touted.

LW looks shit with basically no one worth anything. Should have been fixed this summer.

CM and AM both look very nice with several viable options. Weak spot is DM if we can't make De Jong play there.

LB looks good with Balde and a decent Alonso. RB is a black hole atm. Roberto is terrible, Kounde doesn't want to play there, and Araujo is an improvisation that only works defensively vs 1 vs 1 monsters.

CB looks very good.

GK goes from good to shit if Stegen gets injured somehow. But seems good for now even though I'm not a Stegen fan.

Worst of the worst positions are rightback and left winger. Gavi does what he can on the left but he's no attacking wide player that's for sure.

malvolio

RW looks nice with Raphinha and Lamal. Different profile, different physicality, different ages, quite interesting mix.

ST looks ok for now with Lewa (should get better I reckon) and apparently an improved Ferran. Can become very good if Roque is the real deal as touted.

LW looks shit with basically no one worth anything. Should have been fixed this summer.

CM and AM both look very nice with several viable options. Weak spot is DM if we can't make De Jong play there.

LB looks good with Balde and a decent Alonso. RB is a black hole atm. Roberto is terrible, Kounde doesn't want to play there, and Araujo is an improvisation that only works defensively vs 1 vs 1 monsters.

CB looks very good.

GK goes from good to shit if Stegen gets injured somehow. But seems good for now even though I'm not a Stegen fan.

Worst of the worst positions are rightback and left winger. Gavi does what he can on the left but he's no attacking wide player that's for sure.
RW - looks kind of good, but that's mostly because we're still excited by Lamal. Won't expect him to be this important figure this season though.

ST is bad - Lewa seems out of form or declined. Ferran as starter ST? :lol:

LW - 🦗 🦗 🦗

CM/AM - good depth, let's see if Pedri/Gundo stay fit.

DM - we're fucked with Romeu and FDJ who is usually lost there

RB - we'll probably play Kounde there again, if we don't get Cancelo

CB - very good depth and i hope we see Araujo-Kounde partnership as starters this season

LB - Balde ok as starter, but Alonso is terrible

GK - will Stegen keep his form from last season? Back-up GK is shit

Overall a weak squad, that has clear issues right now. Would not want to think how we manage injuries in attack. To top it off we have Xavi as manager.

Last edited:

serghei

I agree that the squad needs some major work on 3 positions, especially rightback, defensive midfielder, and left winger. About 3-4 new players, all top quality.

On rightback and left winger, we have to play players off position to cover there. Things are that bad. Villareal were clearly instructed to attack our right flank in the other game knowing that we have a 16 year old skinny winger and fecking Roberto on that side, everybody knows it's a shit spot for us at this point.

Bring in a good RB, bring in Roque in the winter window, and we see where we are after that.

SeloBarca

RW - looks kind of good, but that's mostly because we're still excited by Lamal. Won't expect him to be this important figure this season though.

ST is bad - Lewa seems out of form or declined. Ferran as starter ST? :lol:

LW - 🦗 🦗 🦗

CM/AM - good depth, let's see if Pedri/Gundo stay fit.

DM - we're fucked with Romeu and FDJ who is usually lost there

RB - we'll probably play Kounde there again, if we don't get Cancelo

CB - very good depth and i hope we see Araujo-Kounde partnership as starters this season

LB - Balde ok as starter, but Alonso is terrible

GK - will Stegen keep his form from last season? Back-up GK is shit

Overall a weak squad, that has clear issues right now. Would not want to think how we manage injuries in attack. To top it off we have Xavi as manager.
Yea out of all attackers only Lamal is exciting but hes very young and unproven.
The rest if lackluster and not really CL level, Lewandowski is way past his best.
DM is very bad.
Both LB and RB is not good, Balde is "ok" but unproven. RB is shit.
CD is soso, Araujo has made some big misstakes against better oponents. Kounde is unproven.

I dont expect much of this squad this year either tbh.

Windhook

Our midfield lineup and GK are the most solid.

Defence is very shaky without either of the lead CBs - Araujo or Christensen.

Attack is exciting with Lamine, but his energy is not infinite, nor is Balde's in this total football left player role. Frenkie does a marvelous job of guarding that space.

Home of Barca Fans