Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

Gavi gets crazy underrated here :facepalm:

I expect the same jump Pedri did from 18 to 20. Just watch a full compilation of his game yesterday.

Pedri at 18 was on a completetly different level to Gavi currently.

There has not been as huge a jump as making out but he is streadily getting even better.

The issue could be how much Pedri and Gavi compliment one another if Gavi does not dratically improve many sides of his game.

JamDav1982

Disagree, but also have no interest to discuss this.

Dont discuss then.

Couldnt care less.

If you think Gavi is on same level as Pedri at 18 then keep at it.

Gavci had one top game all season when he played more or less as a second striker.

More known for flying into tackles and getting pushed off ball or fallig down than quality moments this season.

vuji_31

Agree.

We like Wirtz as club, he said that he is Barca fun multiple times, but he is really expensive, and we need to make room to sign even Gavi.
His transfer would be like 80mil or something...

Also, he could be potentially playing in same spot as Gavi, but Xavi knows what is he doing.

Problem is Gavi's position, who knows if he will develop better as CAM, we need him to provide goals and assists in current setup with 4 midfielders.

But again if it happens it will not happen this season so...
Like someone said, we better find Busi's replacement.

Porque

Whos that DM?

I hope Barca signs Alan Varela from Boca Jrs. though.

Read he turned down a Barca move as he wants another year in South America and to play Libertadores. River and Flamengo tracking closely.

Represents an opportunity to sign him and leave him in SA a year. New season ends there at end of year so could potentially make the jump next winter market.

Video above is his weekends game against the City Groups team in Uruguay. So if City scouts like him, they will move for sure.

Birdy

We won't sell Gavi people.
We need FUCKING DEPTH. Right now every time Pedri gets injured there is literally FUCK ALL to create something from md.
We need to change that

JamDav1982

Gavi can start by trying to be a midfielder that gets on ball enough and helps open game more then.

He is far behind the likes of Pedri and FDJ in understanding the game and passing the ball.

Must be one of least productive AM/wide players in the league and playing for best attacking side this season.

FDJ, Busquets and the wingers are creating more chances than Gavi since Pedri been out.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Gavi is very important for the press, energy and workrate-wise he is already one of the best attacking players in the world. His presence, willingness to commit to every play at 100% is a very rare attitude for attacking players. Needs to improve in the final third but I'm not sure there are clear upgrades on him, especially because he does and will keep improving.

He is also playing in a very congested spot in the left half-space where there is the least amount of space in our set-up, only players with exceptional ball control and awareness when receiving the ball will be able to play there. Wirtz seems like he can do it.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Wirtz guy is strictly midfielder or more like Havertz?

Maybe the plan for 2024 is to move De Jong at DM and get Wirtz as box to box. If you play with 4 midfielders, you need some top ones. Wirtz, De Jong, Gavi, Pedri would be such a quartet.

He started against Bayern as 9.
He isn't strictly as midfielder, but more of a player with very creative ability to make things happen in attack whether it is goals or key passes.

Not that Wirtz makes any sense for us.

Fabregas 2.0

That isn't bad comparison.
The thing is that for 442 system we are using he will be perfect for that role of Gavi, making Gavi available for both Frenkie and Pedri role.
Essentially it will be Wirtz, Gavi, Pedri & Frenkie, in no order, as depth chart for 3 positions. That is very good and much needed if we are being honest.
God knows how much he will cost or what is going to be our gameplan in 24/25 or what is going to be our finances in that time, but I won't complain about his fit as it stands as he will add a lot in the team tbh

khaled_a_d

I hope Barca signs Alan Varela from Boca Jrs. though.

Did you watch him? or based on videos or scouting reports?
Not against the guy, whom I didn't watch, but he feels like a reactive deal. We see how Enzo faired and people don't want to miss on the next big thing from Argentina

soul24rage

Did you watch him? or based on videos or scouting reports?
Not against the guy, whom I didn't watch, but he feels like a reactive deal. We see how Enzo faired and people don't want to miss on the next big thing from Argentina

Watched a few games of his and scouting reports.

Enzo is more like a FDJ who you need to give them freedom to move up and down the pitch to get the best of out them while Varela, from what I've seen so far, has a more fixed role like a Busquets.

Good analysis of lad in the tweet below

https://twitter.com/EverydayUnited2/status/1636714445714911234

serghei

He started against Bayern as 9.
He isn't strictly as midfielder, but more of a player with very creative ability to make things happen in attack whether it is goals or key passes.

That isn't bad comparison.
The thing is that for 442 system we are using he will be perfect for that role of Gavi, making Gavi available for both Frenkie and Pedri role.
Essentially it will be Wirtz, Gavi, Pedri & Frenkie, in no order, as depth chart for 3 positions. That is very good and much needed if we are being honest.
God knows how much he will cost or what is going to be our gameplan in 24/25 or what is going to be our finances in that time, but I won't complain about his fit as it stands as he will add a lot in the team tbh

To be honest, if that is the case, it is not that different to how City have been rolling with a mix of 4 top quality midfielders split between creators, box to box and defensive, between Rodri, Bernardo, Gundogan and De Bruyne.

I take it this Wirtz is more like De Bruyne, Pedri will be more like Bernardo, Rodri like De Jong and Gavi Gundogan. In terms of profiles.

If Wirtz can also be used, in need, as a forward, then he will easily have a place.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans