Barca Transfers and Rumors

vuji_31

It seems we are after Ruben Neves.

Well his passing is great, but his defending is questionable.

Seems like Jorginho 2.0

Zidane82

It seems we are after Ruben Neves.

Well his passing is great, but his defending is questionable.

Seems like Jorginho 2.0

He just HAD a great long shot on him a couple of years ago ..
He is rarely even discussed over here now as he has not played well for some time

Messi983

Not my prefered option but would clearly be an upgrade over Busi of the last 4-5 years. At least he still has legs.

I know stats don't show everything and it's difficult comparing players from different leagues and systems but statistically he's much stronger defensively than Busi (not really a surprise tbh).

a.png

b.png

c.png

d.png

Birdy

For God's Sake, let's stay away from Ruben Neves...
He is B tier, not the quality required to play at Barca, and these rumours are making me nervous

If Barca want to solve the DM problem once and for all, two names are on my book:
1) Enzo Fernandez, unbelievable player, if he had good scouting and analytics we would have snatched him for peanuts last summer when Benfica got him
2) Bruno Guimaraess as people above explained

All others are either stop-gaps, or below the required level like Neves

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not talked about enough how we don't have a single forward capable of taking over a game on his own. Most CL winning teams have players of that mould, and if they don't they have a very complete team managed by an elite manager,

I suppose Dembele kind of fits the bill but he disappears against most good teams so not really it either.

We desperately need to acquire a player or some super talent like that since it seems like we're inept at hiring great managers.

Zidane82

Not talked about enough how we don't have a single forward capable of taking over a game on his own. Most CL winning teams have players of that mould, and if they don't they have a very complete team managed by an elite manager,

I suppose Dembele kind of fits the bill but he disappears against most good teams so not really it either.

We desperately need to acquire a player or some super talent like that since it seems like we're inept at hiring great managers.

There are not many forwards better than Lewandowski

gregorrin10

For God's Sake, let's stay away from Ruben Neves...
He is B tier, not the quality required to play at Barca, and these rumours are making me nervous

If Barca want to solve the DM problem once and for all, two names are on my book:
1) Enzo Fernandez, unbelievable player, if he had good scouting and analytics we would have snatched him for peanuts last summer when Benfica got him
2) Bruno Guimaraess as people above explained

All others are either stop-gaps, or below the required level like Neves

Enzo and Bruno are both primarily CM though. Able to play CDM yes, but probably not being able to pull off playing single pivot, I think. Bruno maybe, since he's playing it for Newcastle right now, but sadly out of the two, he's the one tougher (impossible) to get. Even though they're great players and I like them too. Maybe if we go double pivot full time (which wouldn't be a bad thing), then we can think about this more realistically. Not that getting Bruno is realistic anyway, cause Newcastle will never sell now, since he's one of their best signings and they have literally zero reason to sell, at least so soon. And he's got zero incentive to leave, considering their project is just getting started, so I imagine he'll want to stick around at least for the next 2-3 years to see if they can really break into the top 4 with all of their power on the market I suspect they will soon start exhibiting. I could see them selling in a few years (and even that only if they don't become a CL team by then), but not under 100M. And I'd wager it will be to another PL team, so they can get even more money that way. I could see City going for him to replace Rodri, or Liverpool to replace Fabinho.

Enzo would be more realistic to get, but he's playing in 4-2-3-1 all the time and is basically just another Frenkie at this point. I do agree we need to stay far away from Ruben Neves. With this season's incoming financial hit and the gamble of last summer not paying off I believe we'll struggle to sign players for transfer fees even from other top 7 leagues (Portugal and Netherlands included), much less from the highly overpriced PL. No way we're gonna be able to afford anyone from there really, unless it's another shit fringe player, who his club will want to get rid off, like Alonso and Bellerin were, and that kind of level obviously shouldn't be an option for us going forward.

Enzo could still be an option, but I suspect PL clubs are gonna start circling like sharks around him very soon. With talks of us interested in bringing in the Busquets replacement in the winter already, maybe we could get ahead and try to bring him in January. Send Busquets packing to MLS before the new season over there starts, and go 4-2-3-1 full time with Frenkie and Enzo as first choice, Gavi as backup (hope we sell Kessie by the summer at the latest and bring someone else in, maybe another free agent). That would be ideal, and at the same time still in the galaxy of doable in my book.

But of course, with Benfica playing in the CL knockouts in the spring, it might be too tough of a ask of expecting us to pull this off in January, and in the summer, we'll have no chance with PL teams getting in on the act, I think especially Liverpool will be desperately looking for someone like Enzo to bring him in. Even Newcastle, who I suspect will become very active in the transfer market. In the end it might be that Bruno and Enzo actually play together, but at Newcastle of course.

Home of Barca Fans