Barca Transfers and Rumors

gregorrin10

����| FC Barcelona expect all four captains to leave in 2023 & they will be replaced by Ter Stegen, Lewandowski, Pedri & Araujo, with Demb?l? being an option as well.
@fansjavimiguel [��]

So we need replacement for our captains.

One RB, Busi replacement, CB and LB.

Replacement for our captains ain't a thing, since you just choose new captains. We already replaced Pique, don't need a CB.

Judoman

Most likely one of our CB will leave beside Pique.
4 CB who are good and fairly young won't be happy for playing time, if we get a RB,Kounde will move to CB and would expect Christensen to move to another club tbh, especially considered we will need sales to decrease to fund transfers.

Inigo Martinez will be 32 FA who basically soent his whole career in Sociedad and Bilbao, so he might be happy to exchange playing time for a chance of playing in big club

OK, why would Christensen leave? Money? Playing time? It's much to soon in the season to speculate. Transferring him in order to increase sales at least makes sense.

Windhook

We need 1-2 signings in CB and desperately in DM, but I don't see such thing happening this winter for DM position. Next summer probably. Xavi mentioned he's delighted with the transfers, just one midfielder short and that was Bernardo Silva.

MTL_Barca

Most likely one of our CB will leave beside Pique.
4 CB who are good and fairly young won't be happy for playing time, if we get a RB,Kounde will move to CB and would expect Christensen to move to another club tbh, especially considered we will need sales to decrease to fund transfers.

Inigo Martinez will be 32 FA who basically soent his whole career in Sociedad and Bilbao, so he might be happy to exchange playing time for a chance of playing in big club

This season all 4 should easily get enough minutes with Kounde playing RB, don't think one of them will instantly leave if we sign a RB.

Seems like we try to get rid of Pique. And Roberto or/and Bellerin while we're at it.

Kounde might also continue to play RB if the season is successful, who knows? Also easier said than done to get a reliable RB starter.

That seems more like a scenario for summer 2024, if Kounde switches to CB for 23/24.

Last edited:

Joan

Kounde might also continue to play RB if the season is successful, who knows? Also easier said than done to get a reliable RB starter.

Yes, won't be a waste if he has a successful season there, on the contrary. We've been struggling to replace our RB since Alves left. In fact, our best solution at some point was to bring him back. Roberto was probably the most successful replacement we've had so far, and that says something.

khaled_a_d

This season all 4 should easily get enough minutes with Kounde playing RB, don't think one of them will instantly leave if we sign a RB.

Seems like we try to get rid of Pique. And Roberto or/and Bellerin while we're at it.

That seems more like a scenario for summer 2024, if Kounde switches to CB for 23/24.

I am not saying we will do it, but it is a possible scenario that might make us sign a CB.
Right now we seem set, and I am absolutely happy with what we have in this position myself.
But Tebas is singing another song, and keep saying we will have to shed salary.
If this is the case, we will likely have another Frenkie saga and will need to be creative again in summer Mercato with sales etc
So a scenario that we replace one of our CB with Inigo to get some cash is possible and will make sense of us being linked with Martinez

Messi983

🚨🚨| FC Barcelona expect all four captains to leave in 2023 & they will be replaced by Ter Stegen, Lewandowski, Pedri & Araujo, with Demb?l? being an option as well.
@fansjavimiguel [🥇]

So we need replacement for our captains.

One RB, Busi replacement, CB and LB.

I'd say we need two RBs. Can ofc always renew Hector/Roberto as backup if one of them does good enough this season. Just don't want to mess up with Araujo and especially Kounde and playing them as RB anymore. Finding a reliable starter is a must though.

As for Inigo I don't dislike him as a free agent but would prefer to get a LB who can also play as LCB (or reverse) in 3-4-3 if we'll play that system sometimes, possibly a more defensive one if we plan with Balde as a starter (He still has a lot to learn and must improve his overall game but it's more likely he'll figure out things offensively sooner than defensively as it's usual with youngsters). So basically a left-footed version of what Azpi was supposed to be this season but younger obviously. Hopefully we'll somehow manage to offload Alba.

Porque

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION],

Have you been tracking Arnau Martinez? If so how has he performed. Any high level potential?

Seems he has beat Couto (for now) for the RB spot.

Porque

Linked with Vitor Roque and Vanderson today.

Mentioned Roque a few months back. Just turned 17 and 4 goals in Brasileiro. Marcos Leonardo is probably the young striker to follow in Brazil at the moment though.

gregorrin10

Xavi and the Barca sporting staff agree that Zubimendi is the ideal replacement for Sergio Busquets.

❗ Barcelona have already contacted Zubimendi's agents.

Great news. Really hope we get him. In this market, even paying the 60M release clause might actually be considered to be a bargain in a couple of years, similar to what Man City paid for Rodri. And Zubi might just be the next best thing in terms of profile, and affordable price, since Rodri himself would now be 100M+.

Porque

Well these Zubimendi rumours are too recurrent to ignore. Especially considering Busquets is on the way out.

Rodri trajectory was pretty obvious compared to Zubi. Outstanding in Villarreal and then Atletico Madrid before signing for City.

I don't think Zubimendi was stood out in any sweason at Sociedad like Rodri did in Spain.

But what do I know, it seems quite clear that he is Xavi's number one option and that he therfore will not want anyone else in such a pivotal position.

I wish we moved away a little from the Busquets style of DMC as it seems a bit dated, but that has been the Barca way since the Cryuff days and Guardiola.

Home of Barca Fans