Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

Chelsea have best academy set up in world at moment by a long way.

Making a packet selling players and always have players out on loan ready to get chance in first team or sold on for yet more big money.

On James there is no chance really unless Chelsea fail to win for years.

Lot of top full backs coming through teams in UK in recent years an most converted from other positions. Market Barca should have an eye on.

Robertson and Tierney are up there with best LBs in the world and TAA/James are there also on other side.

JamDav1982

English player doing well in Spain?

You attempting some cliche based on ignorance?

Trippier fairly struggled eh!

Before him Beckham did well, Owen in his one season did well, McManaman was class, further back Lineker did well as have other British players like Archibald and more recently Bale as no real difference on those two and English players really.

In 80s Cunnigham was held in high regard by Real fans etc.

Andresito

Staff member
Which Brits didn't succeed in Spain? Think it's more the rarity that gives the impression of British players struggling there.

Would think the success rate is fairly high tbh, unless I'm missing someone.

JamDav1982

Which Brits didn't succeed in Spain? Think it's more the rarity that gives the impression of British players struggling there.

Woodgate was terrible and some others that have been more like cheaper punts in lower teams but the big name British players have done well.

It is just a lazy opinion on some idea La Liga is super technical where English/British players fail.

Saying it about James a year after Trippier who was an average RB in EPL was the best RB in La Liga is stupidity.

serghei

Owen failed which is pretty much one of the big names. Average players like Woodgate of course failed. But McMannaman did well, and so did Bale overall. Trippier did well at Atletico too I think.

But yea, British players usually don't come to play in Spain. One of the perks of having many strong teams in their own country and one of the best leagues.

Zidane82

Gary Lineker had one good season but then Cruyff took over and stuck Lineker on the wing ... did not last long after that

Home of Barca Fans