Barca draws Man City

Messi_Goal

This is the best lineup there can be

VV
alves pique bartra alba
busquets
cesc iniesta
sanchez messi neymar

We start both matches with this lineup and chances are that we are going through.
But martino hardly does what is the best. I even fear a cesc as false 9 strategy being applied on this match :(
Agree with all of that.

J

Jayuk

Still 50/50, nothing has changed. They are likely missing Aguero and Fernandinho for the first leg, and Barca will likely have Neymar back. Huge fillip.

It's not 50/50 if City are missing both Aguero and Fernandinho, i would have it 75/25 Barcelona. Actually i think Fernandihno is more key than Aguero, City was clearly missing something against Chelsea without him.

Without Aguero though City can still score for fun. Hate it when injuries to key players ruin a tie like this.

Can understanded Barcelona fans wanting injury's to as many key players as possible to enhance their chances (same with City), but i hate it, I want to see who the best really is and only way you can do that is both managers having a full deck.

If not, they'll always be excuses.

Last edited:

pattegrisen

It's not 50/50 if City are missing both Aguero and Fernandinho, i would have it 75/25 Barcelona. Actually i think Fernandihno is more key than Aguero, City was clearly missing something against Chelsea without him.

Without Aguero though City can still score for fun. Hate it when injuries to key players ruin a tie like this.

Can understanded Barcelona fans wanting injury's to as many key players as possible to enhance their chances (same with City), but i hate it, I want to see who the best really is and only way you can do that is both managers having a full deck.

If not, they'll always be excuses.
True but all games have referees =)

G

Gascav

I am very surprised that people here think that Man city will play an open attacking football against us. We all seem to have forgotten that teams change their tactics to win matches.
And unfortunately everyone knows what tactics to deploy to beat barcelona.
Before the bayern game , we all were aware that bayern were a possession based side, who scored goals from great build up and that even moved the team into thinking that they will battle us for possession, even xavi said that they will have to hog the ball to win the match, we all saw what happened. Bayern used their strengths to expose our weaknesses. For any team that wants to win, style does not matter, tactics do. This was much to the dismay by xavi who complained that bayern didnot stick to their playing style, and we had more possession talk and some more blah blah .
I think any manager with good wits will play in a way that they will win and so i think man city will play this way
They will put more steel in the midfield, defensive physical midfielders who can harrass our weak players. Toure will play further forward just like he played vs real madrid last season to cause havoc. Their full backs will be more tucked inside, and they may not play true wingers, and so their midfield will be tucked inside too,
They will use toure's pace and physicality on the counter eith negredo's runs, and silva's key pass ability and milner's pace and
Hart
Zabaleta kompany nastasic clichy
Javi garcia fernandinho
Silva. toure Milner
Negredo

negredo will press busquets as much as possible, silva will be with the full backs and they will not allow us past the centre line, as they will start pressing from there.
They will try to isolate our wingers, and overcrowd messi.
Dont expect an easy game from man city. Teams out there do anything to win, and they do not have a signature philosophy and so they will play us ala bayern.

For a team like city, playing different from their usual style is not a problem. I think barca is the only team which is dogmatic about the play style.

Home of Barca Fans