Arsenal

A

Athletic

Am I the only one who thinks Arsenal don't need another striker? Giroud, Walcott, Podolski all can and want to play centrally, also have Sanogo and some other young strikers....

The only position that needs reinforcement is CB, and even that's debatable.
I don't understand why you think so highly of Giroud. He's the worst striker Arsenal had since I was born.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't understand why so few people rate him. His link up play is pretty good (good enough, at any rate) he's good in the air, is a good finisher... He's not the worldclass striker (yet, at least) that everyone thinks Arsenal needs, but maybe that's good. Really good players tend to get overly ambitious; Giroud is good enough where he beneficial but not so that any club would want to snatch him. He'll get 20+ goals next season, mark my words, and that's quite a solid return.

Also, do you really think he's been Arsenal's worst striker, considering who they've had up top?

A

Athletic

Also, do you really think he's been Arsenal's worst striker, considering who they've had up top?
I meant first choise striker, but yes I do.

Podolski - Giroud - Walcott

That frontline is so bad, 0 zero creativity, none of them can beat a man 1 on 1. It's something you expect watching Stoke not Arsenal. Another season of that rubbish and I'm sure a lot of fans will think twice before buying a ticket again.

B

beautifulgame

That frontline is so bad, 0 zero creativity, none of them can beat a man 1 on 1. It's something you expect watching Stoke not Arsenal. Another season of that rubbish and I'm sure a lot of fans will think twice before buying a ticket again.

This.

pretty bad.

Robbie

Theo can do 5 on 1

DavidVillano1

Arsenal don't need many areas fixed, are you for real?

Giround is nowhere near close to being world class, how anyone can suggest so is beyond me. Walcott is not good enough, Wenger doesn't fancy Podolski through the middle and Sanogo is nowhere near ready. Arsenal badly need a striker, CM, GK, CB and their full backs are not good enough either(Monreal aside)

I know semi has a soft spot for Arsenal, but these posts are so overboard it's untrue.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The only problems Arsenal's front line has is consistency; when they're on their game they make quite a scary front line and to think any different is just underestimating them. And the consistency issue is understandable, considering two out of the three strikers (as well as the AM) were playing their first season in the Premier League. Why do Arsenal need a CM? They already have Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Diaby when he's not injured, Frimpong to play against scrub teams... And who on the market would be better than Szczesny? Everyone extremely underrates him for some reason, I see a good goalkeeper who's only going to get better as time goes on, the last thing he needs is competition to screw up his development.

I posted this video some time back, but it's a good watch nontheless and really shows how much Podolski, Walcott and Giroud contributed to Arsenal last season.

DavidVillano1

A front three of Podolski, Giround and Walcott is nowhere near good enough for a club that should be competing for a league.

Arteta is clearly not a DM, Diaby is constantly injured, Wilshere has injury issues. Ramsey is not good enough. You're certainly underestimating that area for Arsenal, it's another in a long line of many issues if they ever want to challenge at the top again.

Cesar would have been a much better option and I don't even rate him highly. Arsenal will once again be fitting for fourth spot if they don't improve on their signings. I like Arsenal and how their run as a club, argued and was proved correct the last two seasons when majority said they wouldn't make the top 4. This season is going to be a massive test for that fourth spot and if Wenger doesn't improve the squad then they might just miss out this season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans