Argentina

Fati_Future_BallonDor

:lol: You mean the guy who's shit his pants in the WC KOs and sometimes gotten eliminated in the group stages?

Cry more :lol:

I knew you would not like my answer KL but i judge on a neutral base without bias, i would choose prime Messi as third sub in a big match if we need a goal, imagine we are 0-1 behind and need a goal my 3 super subs:

1.golden noodle Ronaldo

2. Angel di maria

3. La Pulga

And we win easily 3-1 😎😎

KingLeo10

I knew you would not like my answer KL but i judge on a neutral base without bias, i would choose prime Messi as third sub in a big match if we need a goal, imagine we are 0-1 behind and need a goal my 3 super subs:

1.golden noodle Ronaldo

2. Angel di maria

3. La Pulga

And we win easily 3-1 😎😎

:lol: :lol: Your answer isn't backed by facts.

CR7 has amazing CL stats, but when his team was super strong. Like Messi's. I would rate this 50-50 or at best 55-45 in favor of CR7.

He's been average at Euros - remember he basically didn't play the final v France. And that was France before Mbappe. Messi has been average (for his standards) at Copa - so this is 50-50.

WC (biggest stage) record - Messi crushes him here. 2 WC finals, 2 golden balls, 11? G + A in KOs compared to 0. I would rate this 100-0 in favor of Messi.

Reality is, Messi destroyed their rivalry and CR7's legacy in 2022. This is what Messi v CR7 rivalry search in Google returns -

"After Messi led Argentina to victory in the 2022 FIFA World Cup, a number of football critics, commentators and players have opined that Messi has settled the debate between the two players"

You can keep crying though :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

:lol: :lol: Your answer isn't backed by facts.

CR7 has amazing CL stats, but when his team was super strong. Like Messi's. I would rate this 50-50 or at best 55-45 in favor of CR7.

He's been average at Euros - remember he basically didn't play the final v France. And that was France before Mbappe. Messi has been average (for his standards) at Copa - so this is 50-50.

WC (biggest stage) record - Messi crushes him here. 2 WC finals, 2 golden balls, 11? G + A in KOs compared to 0. I would rate this 100-0 in favor of Messi.

Reality is, Messi destroyed their rivalry and CR7's legacy in 2022. This is what Messi v CR7 rivalry search in Google returns -

"After Messi led Argentina to victory in the 2022 FIFA World Cup, a number of football critics, commentators and players have opined that Messi has settled the debate between the two players"

You can keep crying though :lol:

Dude you can criticise Cristiano for his WC performances, should have done better against Uru in 18 and WC14 but his Euros were good, in Euro 2012 he hit 4 times the post and scored a brace against Netherlands which was needed to survive the group, winner goal in quarterfinal, only bad match was against spain when he played too egoistic

In 2016 ok performance considering he had an injury

Euro21 was good, scored some goals + created 2 top chances for Jota against Belgium who missed all the chances he got

I agree it's 50-50 with Messi's Copa who was also good except finals

Andresito

Staff member

1.golden noodle Ronaldo

2. Angel di maria

3. La Pulga

And we win easily 3-1 😎😎
When starting as a sub

Messi
98 appearances
48 goals
7 assists
2,776 minutes (28min avg per game)
57.8 mins per goal
1 hat-trick

Ronaldo
95 appearances
20 goals
8 assists
2,533 minutes (26.7min avg per game)
127 mins per goal

AURELIUS2

I didnt say who will score the goals :pique:

I don't know how old you maybe but your arguments are infantile and wrong.

di Maria is and was tricker as a winger and was comfortable in midfield. Messi moved from being an old inside left/right to being an attacking midfielder while Ronaldo moved to the centre forward spot.

Aside from di Maria's early days at Rosario Central he's rarely been an out and out winger. He's had the technique., skill and vision to operate elsewhere. I really think that he's a better overall player.

Ronaldo has devolved to be being a goalscorer. You can have great goalscorers but that doesn't equate to being a great player like a Messi, Maradona, Pele, Jairzinho, Charlton etc,etc.

Don't know what happened to the old account by the way chaps inc. Magix. But it's me again mark 2. Would be nice to see Flavia and zanela back on the thread too. I'm sure they've enjoyed the recent triumphs.

Soule is on a real upwards trajectory at the moment too. If the u20 can find a combative CF perhaps Veliz, Ruberto in 2-3 years and one or two of the likes of Esquivel can improve their overall game, stamina and forward contributions well Argentina have a great future over the next 10-15 years. Mastantuono may be even better than Echeverri. Really skilled and has a languid ease and poise on the ball you see in certain class players.

But for economics River Plate would have an incredible squad.

AURELIUS2

I remember when Di maria was the most hated argentinia player because he played like a headless chicken 🤣

But in terms of big matches this dude is definitely argentinia's best man

In WC14 after his injury argentinia scored 0 goals

In Wc18 scored a 30m goal against France

In Copa final 2021 scored the only goal

In Wc 22 scored a goal and made Dembele to a legend (pen)

For Real madrid insane in big matches

Best player in 19/20 when PSG reached cl final and terrific against Bayern in 2021

Probably the second best big game player of this generation.

There is only one guy i would pick over Di Maria and that is......golden-noodle Ronaldo :pique:

Hated by whom. You ? He's always been liked given his family circumstances and what he always gave to the team right from his u20 debut. And now he is loved. And it's an already very crowded building but he's right up there with the many greats in Argentine footballing history. He may have been inconsistent early in his career but that goes for many players esp. wingers.

He's been a model of consistency in recent seasons. His ability to link midfield to attack, when to counter, his sheer tenacity and these intangibles don't show up in simple statistics. And he is outrageously gifted.

soul24rage

The official lineup vs Costa Rica

[IMG]

Would have liked to see Perez ahead of either Romero or Otamendi and Barco ahead of Tagliafico. Hopefully, they get on in the 2nd half.

Happy to see Benitez get a chance and that Garnacho is keeping his position.

That midfield though (chef's kiss)

Temptation

The official lineup vs Costa Rica

[IMG]

Would have liked to see Perez ahead of either Romero or Otamendi and Barco ahead of Tagliafico. Hopefully, they get on in the 2nd half.

Happy to see Benitez get a chance and that Garnacho is keeping his position.

That midfield though (chef's kiss)
How good is Molina? When will Leo return?

soul24rage

How good is Molina? When will Leo return?
Love him, the undisputed RB for the national team. I've been hoping for Scaloni to select him for the Copa America 2021 squad and glad that he was chosen at the very end. He's having a bad season, but ATM has a deeper problem than him. Their squad composition in terms of contract is bad, needs to get their CBs sorted out and spend $$ more wisely.

Leo should be back this weekend.

MagIX

Ronaldo has devolved to be being a goalscorer. You can have great goalscorers but that doesn't equate to being a great player like a Messi, Maradona, Pele

First of all, welcome back my friend !

Totally agree, that's it, end of discussion.

Don't know what happened to the old account by the way chaps inc. Magix. But it's me again mark 2. Would be nice to see Flavia and zanela back on the thread too. I'm sure they've enjoyed the recent triumphs.

This poster is hanging in my workout room

WCWCMM.JPG

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans